Rafting in Nepal
Probably the most popular activity, after trekking, is rafting on the various rivers Nepal has to offer.
Nepal is home to eight out of the fourteen highest peaks in the world, and from these breath-taking heights, rivers crash down through the foothills, fed by monsoon rains and melting snow, on their way to the Great Plains of the Ganges.
On these rivers you will find the world's most thrilling white-water’s with a wide range of difficulties, warm water and bug free beaches for camping. All this makes a wealth of unlimited opportunities for great rafting & kayaking. Whether you are interested in a short, medium or long rafting experience, please see our Rafting & Kayaking page for more information about the various rivers and trips.
At Nepal Trek Adventures we believe safety to be of utmost importance when considering a refuting trip. For this reason we use only the most experienced guides and state of the art equipment, in order to make all trips a memorable, fulfilling, and above all, safe experience. It is
We will provide, on all trips professional guides and leadership, including kayak support teams, private ground transportation, porters and permits. We use only state-of-the-art Equipment: self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets and wetsuits on certain rivers, dry bags for gear, tents, and camera barrels. We also provide Tasty and carefully prepared western meals, rum punch, tea, coffee and snacks. We always offer a vegetarian option and can cater to special diets.
What you should bring
- River sandals like Teas or Alps are the preferred footwear on the river. It is essential that all rafters have footwear that they can wear in the raft which will not come off in the event of a swim, as this is considered standard safety equipment. Old running shoes will also do.
- Shorts or a swimming costume.
- A sarong for women (a long piece of cloth wrapped around your waist) is another good option, and can be purchased cheaply in Nepal. This is invaluable for visiting villages and respecting local custom for dress.
- A baseball style cap and good sunglasses are absolutely essential. Sunglasses should be equipped with a retaining device to keep them on your face where they belong.
- Sunscreen (spf 15 or greater and waterproof) is essential, as well as lip balm