Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season February to May and October and November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- Trekkers with limited time frame choose this trek.
- More than 100,000 trekkers pave the way to ABC in a year.
- The ABC trek is best for those who want to lose him/her in nature from the busy and hectic office schedule.
- On the way to the Camp the trekkers pass through series of waterfalls, beautiful villages of its own type, terraced farmlands, rhododendron forests, and amazing panoramic views of mountains which gives you the feeling of refresh forever.
- A single trip that gives you the view of popular three peaks of the world namely, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchre (Fishtail).
- Observe massive Annapurna Conservation Area.
- If you are a researcher or the student of sociology then it is more fruitful as you will get chance to encounter Sherpa people and their culture.
- Last but not the least, the view of sunrise and sunset from ABC makes every trekker speechless. The golden color reflected from the peak mesmerizes everyone leaving impression of eternal silence forever.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek (ABC) is a second home for trekkers who reside in any part of the world. The trip begins from Pokhara and passing through several ups and downs, enjoying scenic beauty of the place and waterfalls finally, we reach at ABC. The speciality of ABC Trek is not just reaching there but the route to ABC.
The appealing peak of over 8000 meters from sea level is a massif in the Himalayas. The Annapurna Conservation Area which is flourished within 7,629 square kilometers envelops ABC in northern part of the country. Towering at the height of 8,091 meters, Annapurna I is tenth highest mountain of the world. The massif is bordered by Marshyangdi River on the north and east, Kali Gandaki Gorge on the west and by Pokhara Valley on the south.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 02:Preparation for trekking
- Day 03:Drive to Pokhara
- Day 04:Drive to Nayapul/Trek to Tikedhunga
- Day 05:Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani
- Day 06:Ghorepani - Poon Hill - Tadapani
- Day 07:Tadapani to Chomorung/Sinuwa
- Day 08:Sinuwa to Himalaya or Deurali
- Day 09:Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp
- Day 10:Explore Hidden Valley and back to Bamboo
- Day 11:Trek to Jhinu Dada
- Day 12:Jhinu Dada to Birethanti and one hour drive to Pokhara
- Day 13:Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 14:Final departure
- Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu As you arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), the representatives of Nepal Trek Adventure and Expedition welcomes you and route to the hotel which is already booked for you. In the evening, we organize welcome dinner in the hotel with our team.
- Day 02:Preparation for trekking On this day, you will be provided sufficient time for doing preparations for continuing our trek. You will meet trek leaders and other team members of the expedition.
- Day 03:Drive to Pokhara Early in the morning after breakfast we will drive for Pokhara. En route we will enjoy scenic beauty of green hills and Trishuli River. White mountains on the way to Pokhara will capture your heart and mind. By noon we will reach Pokhara where you will rest for some time. We will enjoy Davis Fall, and Phewa Lake there. Overnight in Pokhara.
- Day 04:Drive to Nayapul/Trek to Tikedhunga From Pokhara we drive to Nayapul from where our trekking will begin. A 15 minute walk along the bank of the Modi Khola River brings us to Birethanti (1,065m), a large village with many shops & teahouses. From there, the trail continues through the village, and follows the north bank of the Bhurungdi Khola. From there the trail climbs steadily up the side of the valley to Hille at 1,495m, and further short climb to Tikedhunga at 1,525m. This is a short and relatively easy day, allowing us to become used to the experience of trekking in Nepal. We will spend night in Tikhedhunga.
- Day 05:Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani After a hearty breakfast we leave Tikedunga, we begin with steep climb to Ulleri. Ulleri is a large Magar village at 2,070m. Then the trail continues to climb more gently through fine forests of oak & rhododendron towards Banthanti at 2,250m. From there we trek towards Nangethanti at 2,460m. An hour further walk brings us to Ghorepani at 2,775m.
- Day 06:Ghorepani - Poon Hill - Tadapani Today, very early in the morning, we rise to hike the 1 hour climb to Poon Hill (3,195m). A brilliant spectacle, this vantage point provides an unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas. We spend around 40 minutes taking in the wonderful spectacle, before returning to Ghorepani for a well deserved breakfast. This is famous as "Ghorepani Poonhill Trek in Nepal". This place is the most popular for doing Annapurna Trekking in Nepal. From Ghorepani, we ascend along ridges and through pine and rhododendron forests to Deurali (2,960m), before descending to Banthanti. From here we take the turn off to Tadapani (2,540m).
- Day 07:Tadapani to Chomorung/Sinuwa The day starts with steep downhill. Leaving Tadapani, we descend steeply through forests and then the trail eases as we reach village of Gurjung -home to the Gurung people. From here it is a relatively easy walk to Chomorung (2,020m), and the start of the Sanctuary valley. A bit further is Sinuwa where we will halt for night.
- Day 08:Sinuwa to Himalaya or Deurali From Sinuw we follow relatively easy path through bamboo forest to reach a place called Bamboo. Next, trail leads ascending through the deep bamboo forest and after crossing Doban we reach Himalaya Hotel. A gentle further walk will take us to Deurali where we will stay for a night.
- Day 09:Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp Today the trail climbs through the beautiful "hidden valley", and on past the Machhapuchhre Base Camp (which isn’t really a base camp since climbing the mountain is not permitted). From here we rest before making the 2 hour trek to the Annapurna Base Camp at 4,130m. This is the Annapurna Sanctuary - so called because it is totally surrounded by mountains from all sides.
- Day 10:Explore Hidden Valley and back to Bamboo We spend some time exploring Hidden Valley and the glaciers above the base camp. Snowcapped peaks, cool breeze and beautiful sky, it is such a wonderful feeling that will last lifelong. Truly, you feel so blessed for being here. After some time we will continue our walk and reach Bamboo.
- Day 11:Trek to Jhinu Dada After breakfast we move towards Jhinu Dada. It is a place where tourists enjoy a lot. There is a natural hot springs here and people take bath in the hot pool. It is located by the side of the river! Over night at Jhinu Dada.
- Day 12:Jhinu Dada to Birethanti and one hour drive to Pokhara Trail from Jhinu Dada to Birethanti is so nice. It is a downhill trip that begins in morning. We keep on travelling by the banks of Modi River and some time above it. After some time we arrive at New Bridge where we have some snacks. From here the route splits into two one goes towards Landruk and the other leads to Birethanti which we follow. We reach at Birethanti and from there we catch a vehicle to Pokhara where we will enjoy some time in lakeside and spend a night.
- Day 13:Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu Today, we will drive to Kathmandu from Pokhara. We will have some leisure time in Kathmandu. Today, NTA will organize farewell dinner for you.
- Day 14:Final departure Here ends your memorable journey to Nepal! Our staff will drop you at airport from where you will catch onward flight to your destination.
- Costs related to all airport and hotel transfers. Domestic flights and airport departure taxes.
- Conveyance: Pokhara to Kathmandu in Tourist Bus and all other transport such as Kathmandu to Khudi via Besishahar and all pickups and drops in private car
- All nights in local lodges/teahouses during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Three times meals during the trek
- Experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (on hire or purchase) and trekking map.
- All permits and necessary paper work (National park permit, TIMS )
- First aid kit.
- All taxes, be it local or government.
- Visa fee for Nepal (bring accurate USD cash and 2 passport size photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmand
- All conservation area and cultural heritage site entrance fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from trekking than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- International or domestic flights
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Size of Trekking Group
For Annapurna Base Camp Trek, there will be one leader and a Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
While on trek, we will spend nights at local luxurious hotel and tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 300 US. But some places in Annapurna region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Annapurna Basse Camp Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.