Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Best Season January to April and October and November
- Observe tradition, culture and history of Nepal
- Watch more than 500 years old wonderful architect of the country
- Observe more than 31 species of mammals, 200 species of fish and 450 species of birds
- Enjoy Wild Asian Elephant and water buffalos
It is a combined tour trip which is a blend of historical and jungle safari. At Kathmandu Valley you will enjoy UNESCO World Heritage sites whereas Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve embrace you with its wild and natural beauty of plain lands on the country.
Your memorable eight day trip to Kathmandu Valley and Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve begins from capital. You will visit numbers of UNESCO World Heritage site situated in Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan. You will have a chance to see Pashupatinath Temple (Hindus’ greatest pilgrimage spot), Swoyambhunath (Buddhist temple) and Bouddhanath in Kathmandu. A trip to Nagarkot will refresh you as this hill station is closer from Bhaktapur—around 40 minutes drive. Patan is another great city with marvelous architecture and wonderful culture.
The trip further extends to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve. It is situated eastward in the plainlands of the country. The idea behind the establishment of this wildlife reserve was to protect rare wild water buffaloes. The reserve covers an area of 175 square km to the north with a kilometer long extending barrage that spans the Koshi River. The vast expanse of water offers wonderful wetlands that inhabit many species of birds and migrant birds. It is one of the best bird watching sanctuaries of Asia.
It is heaven for those who like to explore grassland, river lagoons and woodlands on foot. Tourist can reach this area by three routes—air, road and water. Among three routes, air is most preferred one as it is 45 minutes flight to Biratnagar from Kathmandu. And, from Biratnagar, it takes around one and half hours drive to reach the camp. By road it takes 10 to 12 hours from Kathmandu. The water route is a bit challenging. Rafting down for 8-10 days from Sun Koshi river is very thrilling route to reach the destination and this is least preferred route.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 03:Sightseeing in Patan and Bhaktapur
- Day 04:Flight to Biratnagar and transfer at Koshi Tappu Camp
- Day 05:Explore Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- Day 06:Jungle safari and bird watching
- Day 07:Back to Kathmandu via Biratnagar
- Day 08:Back to your destination
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu On your arrival, staff of NTA will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer you to the hotel. If you are not tired then you can roam around Thamel area. In the evening, NTA will host welcome dinner to you.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu We officially begin our tour from this day. Our guide will take you to the UNESCO World Heritage site in Kathmandu. You will visit Kathmandu Durbar Square where you will observe more than 500 years old Nepalese art and culture. Swayambhunath also known as Monkey Temple is another popular tourist destination that you will visit. Pashupatinath (Hindus’ greatest temple) is another place you will visit on this day. Bouddhanath, which is in walk in distance from Pashupatinath will be another spot of your visit. It is one of the largest stupas of South Asia.
- Day 03:Sightseeing in Patan and Bhaktapur Patan Durbar Square is listed in World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is a historic place that is rich in arts and architecture. Besides Patan Durbar, Krishna Temple is another place you will watch in this area. It is said that the temple was built by carving a single rock. On the same day, we will also visit Bhaktapur. It is a traditional city which has its unique culture and lifestyle. Nyatapole Temple, The Golden gate and 55 Window Palace are the things that lures tourists here.
- Day 04:Flight to Biratnagar and transfer at Koshi Tappu Camp NTA’s staff will take you to Tribhuvan Domestic Airport in Kathmandu for Biratnagar. It is 45 minutes flight to Biratnagar and after reaching there you will be transferred to the camp in Koshi Tappu. it is one and half hour drive to camp from Biratnagar. Our guide will brief you regarding next day activities. Today, you will have chance to visit local village and get acquainted with local customs and tradition. A cultural show at dinner time will make your evening more memorable.
- Day 05:Explore Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve Our excursion begins after the breakfast, early in the morning. Boating or four whlees drive to watch birds, waders, marsh crocodile wild water buffalo and Gangetic Dolphins including visit to Pink Tower. While on excursion lunch packet will be served and dinner at night.
- Day 06:Jungle safari and bird watching On this day, we will watch birds and observe wetlands in the area. Swamp partridge, black necked stork, buntings and bulbuls will make your trip memorable. You can take elephant ride to watch Arna ( Wild Water Buffaloes), blue bull, hog deer and enjoy fishing.
- Day 07:Back to Kathmandu via Biratnagar Early morning you can either enjoy bird watching around the camp area or have leisure walk. After breakfast you depart to Biratnagar to catch flight for Kathmandu.
- Day 08:Back to your destination Our trip concludes today as you pack your baggage for your country. A representative of NTA will take you to the airport.
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- 4 nights in a hotel in Kathmandu
- 3 nights accommodation in Koshi Tappu
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Transportation in comfortable private vehicle
- English speaking, trained and experienced local tour guide
- Heritage sites and national park entrance fees
- All jungle activities in Koshi Tappu as mentioned in the itinerary
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal visa fee
- Airfare for international flights to and from Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation (anything mentioned outside of itinerary)
- Excess baggage charges
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guides
We will be staying at a luxury hotel of your choice in Kathmandu. Here you will be staing for four nights. And, in Koshi Tappu you will spend three days. Twin sharing basis is the criteria for accommodation. For single accommodation you need to pay additional $ 300 US.
Breakfasts will be served by your hotel during your stay in Kathmandu. Your stay in Koshi Tappu includes all meals—three times-- breakfast, lunch and dinner. Welcome and farewell dinners shall be served by NTA.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.