Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season March, April and September to November
- You will lose at least 8-10 lbs
- Trekking in Langtang Valley is a beautiful experience as it is also called ‘The Valley of Glaciers Trek’.
- Langtang National Park protects the Valley which inhabits many animal species like, Himalayan black bear, Himalayann thar, Rhesus monkeys and, of course, Red Panda.
- The region resembles cross culture as the area borders Tibet. You will be acquainted with Hyolmo heritage of the region.
- You experience entire Langtang region namely, Langtang, Gosaikunda and Helambu in a single trip.
Langtang and Gosaikunda Pass Trek gives you an experience of trekking with an essence of cultural outlook of Nepal. It is 17 days long trek that covers Langtang region namely, Langtang, Gosaikunda and Helambu. The trekking offers beautiful experience of Langtang Valley, majestic view of Gosaikunda and scenic beauty of Helambu encountering Tamang and Hyolmo culture en route. The trek begins from Syabrubesi, an interesting village located on the bank of Bhote Koshi River. The trial goes through rhododendron forests followed by oak and bamboo forests taking you at Kyanjing Gompato, a Sherpa village in Langtang Valley. It is a place of Buddhist monks where they practice several Buddhist rituals. Next day we ascend to Tserko Ri tto view Langtang Lirung range.
Langtang and Gosaikunda Pass or Langtang Valley Long Trek gives you an experience of trekking with an essence of cultural outlook of Nepal. It is 17 days long trek that covers Langtang region namely, Langtang, Gosaikunda and Helambu. The trekking offers beautiful experience of Langtang Valley, majestic view of Gosaikunda and scenic beauty of Helambu encountering Tamang and Hyolmo culture en route.
The trek begins from Syabrubesi, an interesting village located on the bank of Bhote Koshi River. The trial goes through rhododendron forests followed by oak and bamboo forests taking you at Kyanjing Gompato, a Sherpa village in Langtang Valley. It is a place of Buddhist monks where they practice several Buddhist rituals. Next day we ascend to Tserko Ri tto view Langtang Lirung range. Reaching Chandabari is another beautiful experience where you see snow capped Ganesh Himal and Langtang II.
On the way, if you are lucky enough, you could also encounter Red Panda, distinct species on earth.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Kathmandu-Syabrubesi
- Day 03:Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel
- Day 04:Lama Hotel- Langtang
- Day 05:Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa
- Day 06:Kyanjin Gompa
- Day 07:Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel
- Day 08:Lama Hotel - Thulo Syabru
- Day 09:Thulo Syabru- Shin Gomba
- Day 10:Shin Gomba- Gosainkunda
- Day 11:Gosainkunda- Gopte
- Day 12:Gopte- Malemchigaon
- Day 13:Malemchigaon - Tarke Gyang
- Day 14:Tarke Gyang- Sermathang
- Day 15:Sermathang- Melamchi Pul Bazaar -Kathmandu
- Day 16:Farewell Friend
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu On your arrival representative of NTA will receive you from Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer you to the hotel. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Kathmandu-Syabrubesi From here beigns your trekking schedule. We will head towards Syabrubesi by bus which is a starting point of our trekking.
- Day 03:Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel We cross a suspension bridge following Langtang River. You feel blessed as you pass through oak, rhododendron and bamboo forests. If you are lucky enough you will see some wild animals such as yellow-throated martens, wild boars, langur monkeys, red pandas and Himalayan black bears. We spend a night in a hotel.
- Day 04:Lama Hotel- Langtang After having breakfast we begin our fifth day trekking for Langtang. It is a descending trail towards a steep forest slope to the Langtang River. The trail takes you to the Valley where many prayer wheels welcome you in Langtang. Overnight in Lantang.
- Day 05:Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa is a short walk where you will enjoy the beauty of trekking en route. Small scattered villages, stone-built houses are the beauty of the area. You will get acclamitization time here where you can explore new thing of life. This place is famous for cheese and curd. Overnight stay in Kyanjin Gompa.
- Day 06:Kyanjin Gompa There are two view points in Kyanjin Gomap-- Kyanjin Ri (4,800m/15,748ft) and Tserko Ri (5,000m/16,404ft). For spectacular view of langtang Lirung, Langtang range, Kinshung, Yansa Tsenji and the Glacier we visit Tserko Ri (5000m. Overnight in Kyanjin Gompa. Included meals:BLD
- Day 07:Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel Today we get back to Lama Hotel. Downhill trip with mountains ahead will make the trail more beautiful. Overnight in Lama Hotel.
- Day 08:Lama Hotel - Thulo Syabru While heading towards Thulo Syabru, first you decent to river and cross the river before ascending to the destination. You will enjoy the fascinating view of Langtang Himal with other Himals towering in front.
- Day 09:Thulo Syabru- Shin Gomba It is relatively a short walk. We begin our trip to Disma village through rhododendron, hemlock and Oak forests to Shin Gomba. Shin Gomba is also popular for Cheese. We spend night on Shin Gomba.
- Day 10:Shin Gomba- Gosainkunda It is a beautiful trail passinng through rododendron forest. The area in-between Shin Gomba and Laurebinayak is a sanctuary for the red panda, an endangered species for which Nepalese call cat bear. After taking a ridge path we follow a route to Gosainkunda. Explore lakes in Gosaikunda. Overnight stay there.
- Day 11:Gosainkunda- Gopte Twelth day is a bit challenging day. The path is rough. And, after passing through small lakes our trail ascend to Lauribinayak. Now we reach phedi and passing through a rocky hill of pine and rhododendron trees we reach at Gopte.
- Day 12:Gopte- Malemchigaon After passing through densely forested area and dry river bed we arrive at Kharka which is surrounded by rhododendron forest. You climb through the forest to reach at the Thare Pati village. Climmbing the ridge directly above the village gives you a marvelous view of the Jugal area. From here we make way to Melamchhigaun.
- Day 13:Malemchigaon - Tarke Gyang Onn fourteenth day we enter into Helambu region, a cultural destination where you will ebjoy Sherpa culture, their life style and monasteries. We will spend a night in Tarke Gyang.
- Day 14:Tarke Gyang- Sermathang After crossing forest we enter into a beautiful village of Helambu region called Gangyul. It is a Sherpa village. The people of this village follow Drukpa Kagyu Buddhism which is a national religion of Bhutan. Overnight in Sermathang.
- Day 15:Sermathang- Melamchi Pul Bazaar -Kathmandu It is relatively a short walk down to Malemchi Pul Bazaar where there are amny Sherpa villages. Here we catch transport for Kathmandu. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
- Day 16:Farewell Friend It is your final day in Nepal as the journey ends today. On this day you can dwell in city area and enjoy shopping as souvenir.
- Costs related to all airport and hotel transfers
- All nights in local lodges/teahouses during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Three times meals during the trek
- Experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (on hire) and trekking map.
- All permits and necessary paper work, TIMS.
- First aid kit.
- All taxes, be it local or government.
- Visa fee for Nepal (bring accurate USD cash and 2 passport size photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- All conservation area and cultural heritage site entrance fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from trekking than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- International or domestic flights
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Size of Trekking Group
For Langtang Valley Long Trek, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend 3 nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu. While on trek, we will spend 13 nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 290 US. But some places in this region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Langtang Valley Long Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.