Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season March, April and September to November
- You will lose at least 8-10 lbs
- Trekking in Langtang Valley is a beautiful experience as it is also called ‘The Valley of Glaciers Trek’.
- Langtang National Park protects the Valley which inhabits many animal species like, Himalayan black bear, Himalayann thar, Rhesus monkeys and, of course, Red Panda.
- The region resembles cross culture as the area borders Tibet. You will be acquainted with Hyolmo heritage of the region.
- You experience entire Langtang region namely, Langtang, Gosaikunda and Helambu in a single trip.
Langtang and Gosaikunda Pass Trek gives you an experience of trekking with an essence of the cultural outlook of Nepal. It is 17 days long trek that covers Langtang region namely, Langtang, Gosaikunda, and Helambu. The trekking offers the beautiful experience of Langtang Valley, majestic view of Gosaikunda and scenic beauty of Helambu encountering Tamang and Hyolmo culture en route. The trek begins from Syabrubesi, an interesting village located on the bank of Bhote Koshi River. The trail goes through rhododendron forests followed by oak and bamboo forests taking you at Kyanjing Gompa, a Sherpa village in Langtang Valley. It is a place of Buddhist monks where they practice several Buddhist rituals. Next day we ascend to Tserko Ri to view Langtang Lirung range. Langtang and Gosaikunda Pass or Langtang Valley Long Trek gives you an experience of trekking with an essence of the cultural outlook of Nepal. It is 17 days long trek that covers Langtang region namely, Langtang, Gosaikunda, and Helambu. The trekking offers a beautiful experience of Langtang Valley, majestic view of Gosaikunda and scenic beauty of Helambu encountering Tamang and Hyolmo culture en route. The trek begins from Syabrubesi, an interesting village located on the bank of Bhote Koshi River. The trail goes through rhododendron forests followed by oak and bamboo forests taking you at Kyanjing Gompa, a Sherpa village in Langtang Valley. It is a place of Buddhist monks where they practice several Buddhist rituals. Next day we ascend to Tserko Ri to view Langtang Lirung range. Reaching Chandabari is another beautiful experience where you see snow capped Ganesh Himal and Langtang II. On the way, if you are lucky enough, you could also encounter Red Panda, distinct species on earth.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Kathmandu-Syabrubesi
- Day 02:Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel
- Day 03:Lama Hotel- Langtang
- Day 04:Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa
- Day 05:Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel
- Day 06:Lama Hotel - Thulo Syabru
- Day 07:Thulo Syabru- Shin Gomba
- Day 08:Shin Gomba- Gosainkunda
- Day 09:Gosainkunda- Gopte
- Day 10:Gopte- Khutumsang
- Day 11:Khutumsang - Chisapani
- Day 12:Chisapani - Sundarijal - Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 01:Kathmandu-Syabrubesi From here beigns your trekking schedule. We will head towards Syabrubesi by bus which is a starting point of our trekking.
- Day 02:Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel We cross a suspension bridge following Langtang River. You feel blessed as you pass through oak, rhododendron and bamboo forests. If you are lucky enough you will see some wild animals such as yellow-throated martens, wild boars, langur monkeys, red pandas and Himalayan black bears. We spend a night in a hotel.
- Day 03:Lama Hotel- Langtang After having breakfast we begin our fifth day trekking for Langtang. It is a descending trail towards a steep forest slope to the Langtang River. The trail takes you to the Valley where many prayer wheels welcome you in Langtang. Overnight in Lantang.
- Day 04:Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa is a short walk where you will enjoy the beauty of trekking en route. Small scattered villages, stone-built houses are the beauty of the area. You will get acclamitization time here where you can explore new thing of life. This place is famous for cheese and curd. Overnight stay in Kyanjin Gompa.
- Day 05:Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel Today we get back to Lama Hotel. Downhill trip with mountains ahead will make the trail more beautiful. Overnight in Lama Hotel.
- Day 06:Lama Hotel - Thulo Syabru While heading towards Thulo Syabru, first you decent to river and cross the river before ascending to the destination. You will enjoy the fascinating view of Langtang Himal with other Himals towering in front.
- Day 07:Thulo Syabru- Shin Gomba It is relatively a short walk. We begin our trip to Disma village through rhododendron, hemlock and Oak forests to Shin Gomba. Shin Gomba is also popular for Cheese. We spend night on Shin Gomba.
- Day 08:Shin Gomba- Gosainkunda It is a beautiful trail passinng through rododendron forest. The area in-between Shin Gomba and Laurebinayak is a sanctuary for the red panda, an endangered species for which Nepalese call cat bear. After taking a ridge path we follow a route to Gosainkunda. Explore lakes in Gosaikunda. Overnight stay there.
- Day 09:Gosainkunda- Gopte Tenth day is a bit challenging day. The path is rough. And, after passing through small lakes our trail ascend to Lauribinayak. Now we reach phedi and passing through a rocky hill of pine and rhododendron trees we reach at Gopte.
- Day 10:Gopte- Khutumsang After passing through the densely forested area and dry river bed we arrive at Kharka which is surrounded by rhododendron forest. You climb through the forest to reach the Thare Pati village. Climbing the ridge directly above the village gives you a marvelous view of the Jugal area. From here we make way to Khutumsang.
- Day 11:Khutumsang - Chisapani Today trek to Chisapani with several up and downhill from Kutumsang ascend up to the ridge, descend to Gul Bhanjayang, ascend to Thodang, descend to Chipling and Lunch hear, again descend after lunch to Thankune Bhanjayang from here gentle easy walk to Pati Bhanjayang and final short steep walk to Chisapani. Overnight at guesthouse or tea house
- Day 12:Chisapani - Sundarijal - Drive back to Kathmandu It is last day walk of entire trekking to Langtang Gosaikunda Pass; today we enter to another Sivapuri National Park jungle. Frist park up the hill to Borlang Bhanjayang and descend Mulkharha through exploring mountains views and passing lush jungle valley then finally descend to Sundarijal and about one hour drive back to Kathmandu.
- Free airport picks upon your arrival and a drop at the end of your trip
- Langtang National park Permit
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Trekking Map
- Complete free trekking information before going to trek
- Tasty and hygienic organic welfare dinner at the end of the trek in Kathmandu
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek
- All nights in local teahouses/lodges during trekking
- An experienced licensed holder guide and porters as per your group size
- Medical first aid kit box ( which is carried by your team)
- Foods, accommodations and local tax for a guide and porter
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (tea, coffee, water, hot water, etc) and of bar bills (alcoholic beverages)
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in trekking
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, porters, and drivers
- Accommodation or meals will not be included in Kathmandu in case of early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Excellent Langtang Trek and mountain biking!
This company came highly recommended from a Canadian friend so we thought we would give it a shot. We were a able to discuss several different options and based on our timeframe, experience, and budget we decided to go on a Langtang trek. It did not dissapoint. We also used the same company to help us book a mountain biking day tour of the Kathmandu area. It was also very good! They always seemed to do a really good job of pairing us with experienced knowledgeable guides.
The trip was well planned, for affordable price.
The main interest in Nepal was to visit spiritual places, with minimum tracking, shopping and "tourist" places. Everything was well planned: food, accommodations, flights, guides, tickets... It made the trip a wonderful experience without any problems along the way. Since it was a "spiritual" trip it was an important thing, because the main issue was to "feel" all those places and not just to see them. This can be achieved only with a peaceful state of mind.
Can't wait to plan the next trip with your help! Thank you!
Size of Trekking Group
For Langtang Valley Long Trek, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend 3 nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu. While on trek, we will spend 13 nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 290 US. But some places in this region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Langtang Valley Long Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.