Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season March, April and September to November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- You view more than 10 peaks of over 6,500 meters and few of over 7,000 meters are visible.
- Understand and observe life style of Tsum inhabitants residing in the region.
- Observe monasteries, maniwalls, and prayer wheels in the area.
- Natural scenery, high glacier lakes, fascinating flora and fauna and majestic Himalayan ranges make the trail exciting.
- After trekking you will find a new individual in you who has a different leadership quality.
Manaslu Tsum Valley trekking is unique adventure of its type. The trekking has two major importances closer view of mountains and experience culture, tradition and life style of Tsum people. The area is bordered to Tibet hence; it has influence of Buddhist culture. Lhosar, Dhacyhang, Saka Dawa and Fanning are their main festivals. Traditional welcome culture of Tsum people is truly remarkable life time memory. Without any doubt, Tibetan butter tea, natural coffee and local meal refreshes any trekkers. And, at the same time, the scenic natural beauty experienced from Tsum Valley will take you to the seven sky.
The word Tsum is derived from Tibetan word Tsombo which means ‘vivid’. Like its name, Tsum treasures natural beauty of cascading waterfalls, number of streams, mountains and natural hot springs. The Valley is surrounded by Baudha Himal and Himal Chuli on the west, Sringi on the north and Ganesh Himal on the south.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Drive to Arughat from Kathmandu then trek to Soti Khola
- Day 02:Trek to Machha Khola
- Day 03:Machha Khola to Jagat
- Day 04:Jagat to Chisopani
- Day 05:Chisopani to Chumling
- Day 06:Chumling to Chokhangparo
- Day 07:Chokhangparo to Nile
- Day 08:Nile to Mu Gompa
- Day 09:Mu Gompa sightseeing
- Day 10:Mu Gompa to Burgi
- Day 11:Burgi village to Chumling
- Day 12:Chumling to Philim
- Day 13:Philim to Khorlabesi
- Day 14:Khorlabesi to Soti Khola
- Day 15:Soti Khola to Arughat to Kathmandu
- Day 01:Drive to Arughat from Kathmandu then trek to Soti Khola It takes around seven hours to reach Arughat from Kathmandu. The first part of the journey is smooth as we go through highway. But, from Gorkha the path is rough. We take some rest before beginning our trail from Arughat. We begin walking through lush valleys and rice paddy fields. We follow Budi Gandaki khola (River), climb over the Kyoropani, descent down to the junction of the Budi Gandaki and the Sundi khola. Enjoy a refreshing swim and camp overnight on this spot. Overnight in Soti Khola.
- Day 02:Trek to Machha Khola The trail narrows down leading through densely forested hillsides, adorned with some small stranded villages. Trek though steep valley sides passing Lapbesi village descending down to the riverbed and following the wide and sandy path towards Machha Khola (Fish Stream). We put on at nearby Maccha Khola organizing a camp for the night.
- Day 03:Machha Khola to Jagat Today, we cross Maccha Khola, and walk upstream towards Khola Bensi. Enjoy a bath in the hot spring there, and then move along the steep valley sides.
The trek goes though a forest path resting for a cup of tea at Doban, and then walks to Lauri, where we switch back to the right side of the river through suspension bridge. A little climb and the sight of Jagat’s field will welcome you for an overnight camp.
- Day 04:Jagat to Chisopani Today, we begin our journey to Salleri and then descend to Sirdibas. Our trail continues towards Ghatta Khola. After some time we reach at Gurung village called Philim. You will see school at Philim that was built by Japan. Our trail further moves towards north through forest to reach Chisopani where we will halt for the night.
- Day 05:Chisopani to Chumling Chisopani to Chumling is a beautiful walk. From Ekle Bhatti we move forward and cross the gorge where you feel a beautiful waterfall welcoming you. The descend trail through pine and rhododendron forests leads to Tsum valley. We reach Lokpa village from where you can see series of mountains like Himalchuli and Boudha Himal. We further move ahead to reach Lungwa Khola and climb a bit difficult path to be at Gumlung. We arrive at Chumling as we cross the Siyar Khola. We spend nnight at Chumling.
- Day 06:Chumling to Chokhangparo No sooner we cross the suspension bridge near at Chumling we will enjoy the beautiful view of Ganesh Himal. After some time we reach at Gho village. We further walk for another two hours to reach at Chokhangparo where we will halt for a night.
- Day 07:Chokhangparo to Nile Altitude problem is common while climbing above Chokhangparo so we need to be careful about it. We cross Lamagaun and reach at Rachen Gompa. It is also known as Nunnery Gompa. We cross Shiar Khola to reach villages namely Lar, Phurbe and Pangdun. Finally, crossing Chule we arrive at Nile where we will spend our night.
- Day 08:Nile to Mu Gompa Today we come close to Tibetan border. We walk through Tibetan landscapes to be at Mu Gompa. Here we visit the monastery. Overnight at Mu Gompa.
- Day 09:Mu Gompa sightseeing It is a rest day today. We will enjoy Mu Gompa region sightseeing. Mu Gompa is a largest monastery in the region. It is located in highest and remote part of Tsum Valley.
- Day 10:Mu Gompa to Burgi We retrace path to Chhule and Phurbe to arrive at Burgi village. It is a small but beautiful village. Here we climb up to the Milarepa Cave. It is popular for mesmerizing glimpses of Poshyop Glacier, Kipu Himal and Churke himal.
- Day 11:Burgi village to Chumling From Burgi village we get baack to Chokhangparo again. We continually descend to Gho before reaching Sarpu Khola. We will halt for a night at Chumling.
- Day 12:Chumling to Philim Our trail today leads us to Lokpa first. We move ahead enjoying Samba Falls to reach at Philim.
- Day 13:Philim to Khorlabesi We move towards Khorlabesi via Jagat and Tatopani. After crossing Sirdibas we reach Jagat. We descend further to reach at Yaruphant. Our trail continues towards Dovan before reaching at Tatopani. You can enjoy natural hot spring at Tatopani. Finally, we arrive at Khorlabesi were we will rest for night.
- Day 14:Khorlabesi to Soti Khola We cross Thado Khola and walk towards Machha Khola village. We walk along Budhi Gandaki River to reach Labubesi. After passing two waterfalls on a way we reach at Khursane. Finally, we arrive at Soti Khola.
- Day 15:Soti Khola to Arughat to Kathmandu We climb up to the ridge of Kyorpani and descend down to the cascading waterfall. We arrive at Arkhet and cross the Arkhet Khola. Now we will be leaving Budhi Gandaki Valley. Finally, we arrive at the Arughat Bazar where we will take reast for some while.
We will catch a jeep/bus for Kathmandu from here. On arriving in Kathmandu NTA will give you farewell dinner as this is your last night in this trekking country.
- Free airport picks upon your arrival and a drop at the end of your trip
- Manaslu Special Restricted Area Permit ( Which required minimum 2 people in the group)
- Tsum Valley Special Permit
- Manaslu Conversation Area Project ( MCAP Permit)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP Permit)
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Trekking Map
- Complete free trekking information before going to trek
- Tasty and hygienic organic welfare dinner at the end of the trek in Kathmandu
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek
- All nights in local teahouses/lodges during trekking
- An experienced licensed holder guide and porters as per your group size
- Medical first aid kit box ( which is carried by your team)
- Foods, accommodations and local tax for a guide and porter
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (tea, coffee, water, hot water, etc) and of bar bills (alcoholic beverages)
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in trekking
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, porters, and drivers
- Accommodation or meals will not be included in Kathmandu in case of early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
trekking tour - perfect :)
I did a trekking tour at Manaslu with this Agency last march. everything was planed very well- our guide Sures made a great job and we compared lot of agencys- the price is really fair. So i wish all the best to the agency and i can really recommend it to all of you.
Size of Trekking Group
For Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend 2 nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu. While on trek, we will spend 14 nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 290 US. But some places in this region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.