Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season Throughout the year
- You will lose at least 3-5 lbs
- It is one of the best destinations for sunrise view of Himalayas namely, Mt. Everest, Gaurishankar, Langtang, Dorje Lakpa and many more.
- It also offers beautiful scenic view of Kathmandu Valley as the hill station lies above 2,000 m. sea level.
- People travelling with short holiday in Nepal can do this "Day Trek in Kathmandu" with wonderful view of Mt. Everest and Sunrise View which is most important part of this trek.
- The trek gives you an idea of typical Nepali countryside life & their ethnic culture.
Nagarkot, a world class hill station is located in Bhaktapur district, 28 kilometer north from Kathmandu. It is one of the best destinations for sunrise view of Himalayas namely, Mt. Everest, Gaurishankar, Langtang, Dorje Lakpa and many more. It also offers beautiful scenic view of Kathmandu Valley as the hill station lies above 2,000 m. sea level
Before the unification of modern Nepal, Nagarkot was an ancient fort of the Kathmandu Valley from where external affairs of other kingdoms used to be monitored. But later, it turned out to be a summer retreat destination of Royal Families.
The trail begins from Sundarijal and ends at Nagarkot-Kathmandu. This trekking is called "Chisopani Nagarkot Trekking" which is also popularly known as "Trekking Around Kathmandu Valley". It is easiest 2 nights 3 days trekking in Nepal.
People travelling with short holiday in Nepal can do this "Day Trek in Kathmandu" with wonderful view of Mt. Everest. Sunrise View is its most important part of this trek. The trek gives you an idea of typical Nepali countryside life & their ethnic culture, and will be best suited for those who are traveling with children, and those who have not got enough time for longer treks into the high mountains.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival in Nepal
- Day 02:Preparation of trekking
- Day 03:Drive to Sundarijal, then trek to Chisopani
- Day 04:Trek to Nagarkot
- Day 05:Nargakot - Bhaktapur - Kathmandu
- Day 06:Back to your destination country.
- Day 01:Arrival in Nepal You will be picked up by Nepal Trek Adventures staff and taken to the Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Preparation of trekking On this day, you will be provided sufficient time for doing preparations for continuing the trek.
- Day 03:Drive to Sundarijal, then trek to Chisopani A 40 minute drive will take us to Sundarijal, and from there we trek to Chisopani. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
- Day 04:Trek to Nagarkot We trek along the ridges to Nargakot - the best vantage point from which to view the stunning panorama of the Langtang Ranges & Mt. Everest.
- Day 05:Nargakot - Bhaktapur - Kathmandu Trek down to Changunarayan temple, and then drive to Bhaktapur. We have an hour or so sightseeing tour around Bhaktapur Durbar square before we drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 06:Back to your destination country. Our trip concludes today as you pack your baggage for your country. A representative of NTA will take you to the airport.
- Costs related to all airport and hotel transfers
- All nights in local lodges/teahouses during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Three times meals during the trek
- Experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (on hire) and trekking map
- All permits and necessary paper work (National park permit, TIMS )
- First aid kit
- All taxes, be it local or government
- Visa fee for Nepal (bring accurate USD cash and 2 passport size photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- All conservation area and cultural heritage site entrance fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from trekking than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- International or domestic flights
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Size of Trekking Group
For Nagarkot Trek, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend three nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu. While on trek, we will spend three nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 200 US.
During our Nagarkot Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.