Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Best Season January to April and October and November
- Observe tradition, culture and history of Nepal
- Watch more than 500 years old wonderful architect of the country
- Observe more than 23 species of fish, 46 mammanls,
- Watch one of the beautiful animals of the world- Tiger
- Single destination to watch more than450 species of birds
Shuklaphata Wildlife Reserve is situated in Far-Western Nepal at Kanchanpur district. After extension the park covers an area of 305 square kilometers. It is famous for inhabiting one of the endangered species of the world—barasinghe or swamp deer.
Your memorable eight day trip to Kathmandu Valley and Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve begins from capital. You will visit numbers of UNESCO World Heritage site situated in Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan. You will have a chance to see Pashupatinath Temple (Hindus’ greatest pilgrimage spot), Swoyambhunath (Buddhist temple) and Bouddhanath in Kathmandu. Bhaktapur, a city with its own culture will refresh and take you to another world of tradition. Patan is another great city with marvelous architecture and wonderful culture.
Our tour further extends to Shuklaphata Wildlife Reserve which is situated in Far-Western Nepal at Kanchanpur district. The park covers an area of 305 square kilometers. It is famous for inhabiting one of the endangered species of the world—Barasinghe or Swamp deer.
Hog deer, Nilgai, wild dog, Jackal and porcupine are among other wild life that you will spot in the park. It is reported that sometimes wild elephants and tiger are also sighted in the park.
Rani Tal (Queen Lake) is another most watched spot. Many animals and birds quench their thirst at this lake. Heron, ducks, storks, kingfishers and egrets come here in search of food whereas swamp deer wallow at the edge of the lake. Waterfowl mingling on the surface of the lake is well observed from the tower (Machan). Hundreds of swamp deer gazing at the edge of lake during evening surely captures your heart.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 03:Sightseeing in Patan and Bhaktapur
- Day 04:Flight to Dhangadi and transfer at resort
- Day 05:Explore Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve
- Day 06:Jungle safari and bird watching
- Day 07:Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 08:Back to your country
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu On your arrival, staff of NTA will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer you to the hotel. If you are not tired then you can roam around Thamel area. In the evening, NTA will host welcome dinner to you.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu We officially begin our tour from this day. Our guide will take you to the UNESCO World Heritage site in Kathmandu. You will visit Kathmandu Durbar Square where you will observe more than 500 years old Nepalese art and culture. Swayambhunath also known as Monkey Temple is another popular tourist destination that you will visit. Pashupatinath (Hindus’ greatest temple) is another place you will visit on this day. Bouddhanath, which is in walk in distance from Pashupatinath will be another spot of your visit. It is one of the largest stupas of South Asia.
- Day 03:Sightseeing in Patan and Bhaktapur Patan Durbar Square is listed in World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is a historic place that is rich in arts and architecture. Besides Patan Durbar, Krishna Temple is another place you will watch in this area. It is said that the temple was built by carving a single rock. On the same day, we will also visit Bhaktapur. It is a traditional city which has its unique culture and lifestyle. Nyatapole Temple, The Golden gate and 55 Window Palace are the things that lures tourists here.
- Day 04:Flight to Dhangadi and transfer at resort NTA’s staff will take you to the airport for Dhangadi. The flight is of around an hour and after reaching Dhangadi you will be transferred to the resort in Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve. Our guide will brief you regarding next day activities. Today, you will have chance to visit local village and get acquainted with local customs and tradition. A cultural show at dinner time will make your evening more memorable.
- Day 05:Explore Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve Our excursion begins after the breakfast, early in the morning. Bird watching, jungle walk or drive and tracking wild life are the events that you will be involved with. You will get chance to enjoy local food (if interested) in lunch and dinner.
- Day 06:Jungle safari and bird watching On this day, we will enjoy entire day by exploring the jungle in elephant back. On the same day we will also watch birds from towers and enjoy deer grazing at the edge of Rani Tal. Visit at the lake will give you a sense of inner peace where you will see numerous birds and deer grazing on the edge.
- Day 07:Fly back to Kathmandu After breakfast, we will head towards Dhangadi airport from where we will catch flight to Kathmandu. In the capital we can roam around and buy souvenirs from Nepal of your choice. NTA will serve farewell dinner to you today.
- Day 08:Back to your country Our trip concludes today as you pack your baggage for your country. A representative of NTA will take you to the airport.
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- 4 nights in a hotel in Kathmandu
- 3 nights accommodation in Shuklaphanta.
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Transportation in comfortable private vehicle
- English speaking, trained and experienced local tour guide
- Heritage sites and national park entrance fees
- All jungle activities in Chitwan as mentioned in the itinerary
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal visa fee
- Airfare for international flights to and from Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation (anything mentioned outside of itinerary)
- Excess baggage charges
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guides
We will be staying at a luxury hotel of your choice in Kathmandu. Here you will be staing for four nights. And, in Shuklaphanta you will spend 3 nights. Twin sharing basis is the criteria for accommodation. For single accommodation you need to pay additional $ 300 US.
Breakfasts will be served by your hotel during your stay in Kathmandu. Your stay in Shuklaphanta includes all meals—three times-- breakfast, lunch and dinner. Welcome and farewell dinners shall be served by NTA.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.