Private vehicle / By Air
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season March to May and September to November
- You will lose at least 8-12 lbs
- It is one of the most popular climbing peaks of Nepal
- It is a rewarding trail that gives you views of many mountains
- It tests your strength and challenges your guts
- Understand local culture and lifestyle of people
Lobuche West Peak Climbing including Everest Base Camp Trekking is combined package that gives you pleasure of peak climbing with EBC Trek at a same time. Climbing this peak is quite popular among western people. Like any other peak climbing Lobuche West Peak has true essence of peak climbing.
Lobuche is located in between Khumbu Glacier and the small settlement of Lobuche in Nepal. Not to be confused, Lobuche West is different peak from that of Lobuche East and Lobuche Far East. In between these two peaks there is a long deeply notched ridge. The views from the summit of Lobuche West gives you view of many other mountains. It is technical climbing that demands physical fitness.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Climb briefing
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding
- Day 04:Phakding to Namche Bazaar
- Day 05:Namche Bazaar (Acclimatization Day)
- Day 06:Namche Bazaar to Tengboche
- Day 07:Tengboche to Dingboche
- Day 08:Dingboche (Acclimatization Day)
- Day 09:Dingboche to Lobuche
- Day 10:Lobuche to Everest Base Camp
- Day 11:Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar
- Day 12:Lobuche to Lobuche West Base Camp
- Day 13:Lobuche West Base Camp to High Camp
- Day 14:Lobuche West High Camp to Summit and back to High Camp
- Day 15:Lobuche High Camp to Pangboche
- Day 16:Pangboche to Namche Bazaar
- Day 17:Namche Bazaar to Lukla
- Day 18:Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 19:Final Departure
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu On your arrival in Kathmandu, staff of NTA will receive you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. You will have some spare time to hang around. In the evening NTA will give you welcome dinner.
- Day 02:Climb briefing On this very day you will be briefed regarding peak climbing and also preparation is done like climbing equipment and team formation. You will meet trek leaders and other team members of the expedition.
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding After breakfast, we will take early flight to Lukla from the domestic terminal of Tribhuvan International Airport. We land at Tenzing-Hillary Airport in Lukla. It is one of the best air routes of the world that is surrounded by mountains. Here we meet our trekking guides and make trekking arrangements to Phakding. Lukla to Phakding is a short trek. You will look around the place and see nearby monastery in Phakding. We will spend night at a lodge in Lukla.
- Day 04:Phakding to Namche Bazaar Trekking to Namche Bazaar from Phakding is very interesting. We cross beautiful pine forest and walk along Dudh Koshi River to reach Namche Bazaar. On the way you will get chance to see Mt. Thamserku. If weather is kind then you can also get clear glimpse of Mt. Everest. Our walk ends at the entrance of Sagarmatha National park in Namche Bazaar. It is a gateway to Mt. Everest and main commercial area of the region. While reaching Namche we will cross five suspension bridges and one of them being Hillary Suspension Bridge.
- Day 05:Namche Bazaar (Acclimatization Day) Today is a rest day. We will move around and observe Namche Bazaar today. You will have a chance to get acquainted with Sherpa culture. You can also visit local museum here. It gives you a lot of information about Sherpa people, their culture and Mount Everest. However, if you prefer a bit longer hike then you can go to Khumjung village. It takes you around six hours to reach this village from Namche Bazaar. Here you can visit Edmund Hillary School and Khumjung Monastery. This monastery is famous for housing the head of the Yeti.
- Day 06:Namche Bazaar to Tengboche Tengboche is our next destination from Namche Bazaar. After breakfast we move towards Phunki. From Phunki, we ascend towards Tengboche. Tengboche Monastery in Tengboche is the largest monastery of Everest region. Tengboche is almost at the heart of Sagarmatha National Park—UNESCO listed World heritage Site. From here one can view mountains at 360 degree namely Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam and Thamserku. We will spend night at Tengboche.
- Day 07:Tengboche to Dingboche Our next destination is Dingboche. After enjoying Tengboche and capturing pictures of its beautiful landscapes we begin our walk through birch and rhododendron forests. We reach Debuche. We cross Imja River to reach Pangboche. We visit Pangboche Monastery. We further move and enter Imja Valley. We reach at the confluence of Lobuche River. After a descend trail we climb up for Dingboche where we will stay at night.
- Day 08:Dingboche (Acclimatization Day) Today is a rest day. Dingboche is a popular stoppage destination for climbers. On this day, we hike to Ama Dablam base Camp, Nagarjun Hill or Chukkhung for the views of Makalu, Lhotse, Chalotse, Tawache and Ama Dablam. We spend night at Dingboche.
- Day 09:Dingboche to Lobuche After breakfast, we start our trek towards Duglha. From here, we take steep trail to Chupki Lhara. Here we will see array of stones and prayer flags that is dedicated in memorial to Scott Fischer (American mountaineer) and Babu Chiri Sherpa ( Nepali mountain guide). Sherpa had climbed Mt. Everest ten times. Finally, we reach at Lobuche where we will stay at night.
- Day 10:Lobuche to Everest Base Camp We begin our trek to Everest Base Camp through Gorak Shep Lake. We reach at Indian mountaineers memorials. The path here is tricky so we have to follow our Sherpa. As go on through rocky dunes, moraine and streams we reach Everest Base Camp. We get views of Nuptse, Khhumbuste and Pumori from here. We go back to Gorak Shep for night sleep.
- Day 11:Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar It is comparatively a bit long trek today so we begin our trail early in the morning before the dawn. Everest will tower on our east along with Lingtren, Khumbutse and Changtse. On reaching Kala Patthat we clearly see Mt. Everest at 360 degree. We return to Lobuche for night rest.
- Day 12:Lobuche to Lobuche West Base Camp After walking in a flatter plain, the path to Lobuche Base Camp becomes steeper and rocky. We will enjoy the beauty of Ama Dablam, Cholatse, Pokalde, Thamserku, Kantega and other Himalayas here. We will spend night at Lobuche West Base Camp.
- Day 13:Lobuche West Base Camp to High Camp From Lobuche Base Camp, we follow rocky moraine path to get at Lobuche High Camp. At High Camp we have our lunch and take rest. Today we prepare ourselves for tomorrows peak climbing. We will spend night at Lobuche West Camp.
- Day 14:Lobuche West High Camp to Summit and back to High Camp Today, we wake up at early in the morning, at 2 am, and have our breakfast before we begin our climb. We do this in order to reach at the peak before noon so that the strong wind which starts blowing at noon may not catch us barring our summit. We will capture pictures here and after some time get back to High Camp.
- Day 15:Lobuche High Camp to Pangboche Today, we begin our trekking towards Everest Base Camp route to reach Lobuche again. Here we take our lunch. From Lobuche we move towards Pheriche. From here we continue our walking towards Pangboche. We will trek down through Rhododendron and juniper forests. On reaching Pangboche we can visit Pangboche Monastery.
- Day 16:Pangboche to Namche Bazaar Following the same path, we move downward to Imja River and move upward for Tengboch where we will have our lunch. After crossing Dudh Koshi River and gentle walk we reach Sansa. If we are lucky enough then we can also see snow leopards and mountain goats on the way. Finally, we reach at Namche Bazaar where we will spend our night.
- Day 17:Namche Bazaar to Lukla Trail to Lukla from Namche Bazaar is a steeply downward trek. We cross few suspension bridges before reaching Lukla where we will halt for the night.
- Day 18:Fly to Kathmandu From Lukla we catch early flight to Kathmandu. At Kathmandu you can take some rest or roam around the city. In the evening, NTA will offer you Farewell dinner.
- Day 19:Final Departure Your journey ends today as you pack your baggage for your destination. Our staff will drop you at the airport.
- Costs related to all airport and hotel transfers. Domestic flights and airport departure taxes.
- All nights in local lodges/teahouses during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- Experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (on hire or purchase) and trekking map.
- All permits and necessary paper work (National park permit, TIMS )
- First aid kit.
- All taxes, be it local or government
- Visa fee for Nepal (bring accurate USD cash and 2 passport size photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- All conservation area and cultural heritage site entrance fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from trekking than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Size of Trekking Group
For any trek, there will be one leader, and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 10 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 10, NTA can arrange this too.
While on trek, we will spend all nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 300 to 350 US. You have to make adjustments if in some places single rooms are not be available.
During our trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.