Lukla Village Tour is the shortest tour Khumbu Region of Nepal within 2 days. It is the customized tour Nepal Trek Adventure offers its clients who are bound with time but still want to reach Lukla’s Tenzing-Hillary Airport, view mountainous sceneries, and explore the Sherpa cultures.
Lukla Village Tour starts from Kathmandu with a small aircraft flight to Lukla. This trip is also known as the 1 night 2 days Lukla Village Tour. This is because this short tour package of the Khumbu region offers a base camp touring itinerary in a minimum time frame.
Lukla Village Tour facts
- Tour duration: 2 days
- Tour starting point: Kathmandu
- Tour ending point: Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to base camp distance: 150 to 155 kilometers
- Lukla to base camp distance: 65 to 70 kilometers
- Landing points: Lukla, Kala Patthar, and Hotel Everest View
- Major months for this tour: September, October, November, March, April, May (also, the trip is operable anytime in the year when the weather condition is favorable)
Major attractions of Lukla Village Tour - 2 days
- Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla with views of valleys, forests, and mountains
- Lukla Airport - One of the most dangerous airports in the world at an altitude of 2860 meters
- Lukla village tour with encounter to local Sherpa cultures and lifestyle
- Overnight stay at Lukla
- High altitude monasteries and gompas, Sagarmatha National Park (one of the 10 world heritage sites in Nepal marked by UNESCO)
- Helicopter flights to the places like base camp Everest, Hotel Everest View, and Lukla (while returning back to Kathmandu)
- Views of the Himalayan ranges like Mount Everest, Gauri Shankar, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, and many more
- Encounter the encompassing ever-green flora and fauna, Himalayan glacier (Khumbu Glacier), Gokyo region with Gokyo lake, Alpine forest, rivers and cascades, and local sherpa settlement
Spotlight of 1 Night 2 Days Lukla Tour
Day 01- Lukla village tour/hiking
Lukla is a small town with a population of around 1200 and stands at a height of 2860 meters. Our itinerary offers 1-day trekking or tour around Lukla village. In a 2 weeks regular hiking tour itinerary, out of much uphill hiking to base camp, day one starts with trekking from Lukla valley to Phakding. Where our itinerary provides an alternative side trek at Lukla villages.
1. Lukla valley excursion
Utilizing your time in Lukla, you will be able to explore the villages like Lukla, Surke, and Chauri Kharka, where you will discover the most beautiful vegetation and landscape, forest view, view of mountain peaks and ranges, huts, and small houses, and many more. You will also get a chance to interact with local inhabitants and know about their ups and downs, cultures, traditions and lifestyles, and so forth.
2. Experience sherpa's local food
Pure Nepali food, Daal, Bhaat, Gundru, and soya beans are other things you get to try in Lukla. The local drink, Tongba (prepared by cooking and fermenting millet) is also a fun thing to do. You will be able to taste different cuisines but this local cuisine is the most exciting and rare one.
3. Optional things to do at Lukla town
Local restaurants: There are 100+ local restaurants in Lukla where you can visit for cheap eats of mid to high-range cuisines. Here, you will have both dine-in and takeaway options.
Himalayan pubs: Enjoy the local and international foods, drinks, music, and even pools and snooker in the high-altitude Himalayan pubs in the World (The Irish Pub, Scottish Pub, The Local Cheers and Beers Pub, etc.)
Learn cooking at Sherpa kitchen: If you are keen to learn the cooking of new or old dishes of the Himalayas, you can possibly learn it from the locals in their respective hotels (The Sherpa Kitchen, and Mini Sherpa Kitchen)
Other things to do in Lukla valley may include visiting and exploring Sagarmatha National Park, Kemgon Monastery, and Pasang Lhamu Memorial Gate.
Exploring the Mt. Everest region including Lukla valley, Kala Patthar, and Hotel Everest View is the dream come true moment for people who desire to lose themselves in the Himalayan lap.
Day 02- Lukla to Kalapatthar to Kathmandu
On the 2nd day of the Lukla, Village Tour fly directly from Lukla to Kalapatthar, and explore around a few minutes of walking in Kala Patthar. Furthermore, fly to Everest View Hotel for an hour of breakfast break, and finally, return back to Kathmandu straight away.
Why Nepal Trek Adventure for Lukla Village Tour?
There are hundreds of trekking and tour agencies in Nepal, but why is Nepal Trek Adventure the best among all? Here are the reasons to clear up all the confusion:
- We explain all the terms and conditions of our client
- An easy online booking system
- Replies queries within 12 hours; i.e. quick response
- No trip postponement charges
- 100% refund policy
- Qualified and professional team members
- 24 hours available via email, Skype, Facebook, Viber, and direct calls
Nepal Trek Adventure and Expedition offers you the grand opportunity to explore the beautiful region of Mount Everest. Whereas you will complete this Lukla Village Tour from Nepal in a very short time interval of 2 days and regain the unexpected experience of your lifetime. After all, your journey hails to base camp from Kathmandu, but you will be able to explore Lukla town which is also the most beautiful one.