Mount Everest expedition is an adventure journey towards the Mount Everest summit reaching the height of 8848.86 meters. It is the opportunity of conquering the highest mountain in the world and wave the flag with pride. Mount Everest expedition can be completed from both south and north sides i.e. from Nepal and Tibet. It takes around 60 days to conclude the trip, yet, the weather situation and physical condition vary the time duration.
Mount Everest expedition is the lifetime experience of stepping feet on the tallest mountain in the world. Many people from around the world climb Everest to achieve an extraordinary goal or mission also by scripting their name with golden writings in the historical record in a book. You always want to become a role model and set a good example for others, it is one of the best and great opportunities to be one. It offers the most adventurous and dangerous trek in the world.
Almost every person on this planet has the dream to stand on top of the world. Mount Everest was the first ascent in 1953 by Sir Edmund Hillary and Late Tenzing Norge Sherpa but it is still one of the most adventurous mountaineering in the world. Every year around 10,000 people attempt to climb Mt. Everest but only a few of them get success. Only those people will get success who have high dedication and determination to reach the top. Physical fitness and experiences are the factors that will be helpful during Everest climbing.
Mount Everest expedition delivers the most pristine outlooks of mountains like Mount Everest itself, including Lhotse, Cholatse, Machhapuchhre, Gauri Shankar, Changtse, Nuptse, etc., monasteries, glaciers, icefall and lakes, hot springs, and cascades, Kathmandu and Lukla Airport, local markets and cultural blends with ancient and unique Sherpa lifestyle.
Trip Facts of the Mount Everest summit expedition
- Trip type: Expedition in Nepal
- Trip duration: 64 days
- Trip starting/ending point: Kathmandu
- Trek starting/ending Point: Lukla
- Maximum altitude 8848.86 meters (Mount Everest)
- Minimum altitude: 1400 meters (Kathmandu) / 2860 meters (Lukla)
- Trip grade: Easy to challenging
- Trip activities: Airplane flight, trekking, hiking, acclimatization
- Group size: 1 to 12 persons per group
- Mount Everest summit expedition: $40,000 (from Tibet side)
Nepal Mobile +977 9851017030 24 Hrs Available on WhatsApp, Viber, or WeChat.
Contact Person - Binod Sapkota
Major attractions of the Mount Everest expedition
- Views of high mountains like Mount Everest, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu, Pumori, etc.
- Encounter the local people and their way of living, culture, tradition, norms, and values.
- Stepping feet on the highest mountain of the world - Mount Everest (8,848.86 meters).
- Stayover at the base camp of Mount Everest at an altitude of 5,380 meters above sea level.
- Stayover at Camp I (6,065 meters), Camp II (6,500 meters), Camp III (7,200 meters), and Camp IV (7,910 meters). Camp IV is also known as DEATH ZONE on Everest.
- Variation of foods and accommodation from luxurious cuisines to typical Himalayan expedition items on grandeur hotels to the tented camps.
- Interaction with stranger climbers throughout the route.
- Go through the highs and lows to anyhow conquer the tallest peak of the world.
Mount Everest expedition route and travel time per day
In this package, we have especially focused on the Mount Everest expedition from the Nepal side. Still, this journey can be accomplished from Tibet Side. Here, we have mentioned the favorable day-to-day route and the time taken to complete the walking parts.
- Kathmandu to Lukla: Around 40 minutes
- Lukla to Phakding: 3 to 4 hours
- Phakding to Namche Bazaar: 6 to 7 hours
- Namche Bazaar to Tengboche: 5 to 6 hours
- Tengboche to Dingboche: 5 to 6 hours
- Dingboche to Lobuche: 4 to 5 hours
- Lobuche to Gorakshep: 2 to 3 hours
- Gorakshep to Everest base camp: 2 to 3 hours
- Everest base camp to Mount Everest summit and back to base camp Everest: 5 to 12 hours
- Everest base camp to Gorakshep: 2 to 3 hours
- Gorakshep to Dingboche via Lobuche: 5 to 6 hours
- Lobuche to Tengboche: 4 to 5 hours
- Tengboche to Namche Bazaar: 3 to 4 hours
- Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 6 to 8 hours
- Lukla to Kathmandu: Around 40 minutes
During the course of climbing uphill from the base camp and down to the base camp, you will be passing through different camps. Here is a short outline of what you will be doing to continue the venture:
- Mount Everest base camp: It lies at an altitude of 5,380 meters (17,700 feet). You will be staying in this rudimentary base camp of Everest for rest and acclimatization. Then, continue the climbing journey once you are comfortable.
- Camp I: It lies at an altitude of 6,065 meters (19,900 feet). For reaching camp I, you will be using garden step-ladders in order to cross deep crevasses in the Khumbu icefall, and once you go through and survive the treacherous terrain land, you will reach camp I. You will get essential relief at camp I, and once you are ready, you will ascend more towards camp II.
- Camp II: It lies at an altitude of 6,500 meters (21,300 feet) above sea level. The temperature of camp II is much higher and there is a chance of higher snow and snow bridges stretching across 60 meters (100 feet).
- Camp III: It lies at an altitude of 7,470 meters (24,500 feet) above sea level. You will be heading from camp II to camp II with the help of gradual ascends and fixed-rope climbs on the ridges. You might find a crowd of climbers in this area and the route can be hassle-some. Similarly, there is a high chance of avalanches in this area.
- Camp IV: It lies at an altitude of 7,920 meters (26,000 feet). On the trail, you will cross the points - "Yellow Band" and "Geneva Spur", which are the energy-draining barricades between camp III and camp IV. After conquering these two points, you will be needing to take hold of oxygen cylinders/ oxygen bottles, for further continuing the expedition.
- South Summit: It lies at an altitude of 8690 meters (28,500 feet). From camp IV, you will climb through different steep sections covering a distance of around 1.5 kilometers, and reach the south summit.
- Mount Everest Summit: Mount Everest summit is around 1.5 kilometers away from the south summit and will take around 12 hours (maximum) to complete the distance. On the way, you will walk through the "Balcony", intercept the "Hillary Step" and "Summit Ridge", and finally reach the top of Everest at an altitude of 8848.86 meters.
Tips for Mount Everest Expedition
- Carry appropriate trekking gears
- Carry light snacks (like muesli, chocolates, chips, nuts, etc.) with you to balance energy/sugar levels in the body
- Stay hydrated i.e. drink lots of water to boost metabolism
- Have some physical fitness training to boast modest ascends and descends
- Do not rush, hence, be calm during the trek
- Follow the footstep of guides to discern more about the place
- Follow trekking rules and regulations for a successful trek
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages as much as possible but for some alcohol habitual trekkers, a couple of pegs is acceptable to keep sense still
- Health problems such as asthma, altitude sickness, sheer exhaustion, avalanches, and vertigo may strike; so take proper care of it
- Mark on the favorable seasons for extra-ordinary experience
- Mount Everest is the English name of this highest mountain of the world (baptized after Sir George Everest) and hence is known as “Chomolungma” in the Tibetan language and “Sagarmatha” in the Nepali language. Chomolungma means “Mother of the Universe”. Likewise, Sagarmatha is comprised of two words “Sagar” and “Matha”, which means “Forehead of the Sky”. It shows that expediting Mount Everest takes one closer to the sky and the universe.
Nepal Trek Adventure & Expedition symbols this magnificent opportunity to summit the highest peak of the world, Mount Everest in a very grandiose manner. This offer is provided with reasonable prices with favorable cost inclusions. Our Everest expedition package is designed with appropriate acclimatization days and all the necessary facilities and lasts for 60 days (around 2 months). In this time frame, you will wander around the Everest region visualizing different mountain peaks and ranges, greenery hills, exotic Himalayan flora and fauna, local settlements and their culture and lifestyle, dishes, and so on.
Hence, unite with NTA Team and summit the highest peak of the world, Mount Everest, in the most profound and prolific way.
Book now and get free t-shirts, caps, and stickers.