The Everest Circuit, one of the most well-known trekking routes in Nepal, is a literal gateway to heaven as it combines breathtaking landscapes with incredible adventure. The circuit crosses via three high passes: Renjo La Pass (5360m), Cho La Pass (5420m), and Kongma La Pass. It is located in the Khumbu region in eastern Nepal (5535m). One of the best trekking routes in Nepal is the Everest Base Camp Circuit, which offers the amazing experience of exploring the Everest Base Camp and the stunning Gokyo Lakes. The wide view of the mountains in the Khumbu Valley is the hiking route's main attraction. Mountain peaks such as Mt. Everest (8848m), Cho Oyu (8201m), Makalu (8475m), Pumo Ri (7165m), Ama Dablam (6812m), Lhotse (8516m), Nuptse (7861m), and many others beauty the views in this Everest Circuit trek.
The Everest Circuit Trek provides a magnificent view of other mountain ranges along with Mt. Everest, the highest mountain. Another highlight of the trek is Kala Patthar, where this view is made more clear. Apart from that other noteworthy gems of the region are the breathtaking valley, hillside, and mountain views from the air, as well as the lush but vibrant forests of rhododendron, pine, and oak. The hike, which includes the three passes (Kongma La, Cho La, and Renjo La), a strenuous walk to EBC, Kalapatthar, and the secret valley of Gokyo, is thrilling as well. Additionally, it is really difficult to describe the wonderful sense of seeing more than ten mountains.
Everest Circuit Trekking Facts
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Duration: 16 Days
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Maximum Elevation: 5545m (Kala Patthar)
- Minimum Elevation: 1400m (Kathmandu)
- Trek-style: Lodges or teahouses
- Group Size: minimum 1 to a maximum of 15 people
- Transportation: Aircraft, private jeep, car, or van
- Starting point: Kathmandu
- Departure point: Kathmandu
- Per day march: 6 to 7 hours (except acclimatization day)
- Best Seasons: Autumn and Spring
- Trip Cost: US $1690
Highlights of Everest Circuit trekking
- Forests, ravines, terraced farms, and villages make up the scenery.
- Discover the tranquil Sherpa communities and their fascinating culture and traditions.
- Discover Kala Patthar, the world's highest base camp for Mount Everest and the highest point for Everest trekking.
- Great High Pass Three (Kongma-La, Cho-La & Renjo La pass)
- Namche Bazaar: The Soul of the Khumbu
- Park National Sagarmatha
- Visit the Old Tengboche Monastery.
- Stunning panoramic views of the snow-covered mountains, including Mt. Everest, await you at your destination (8848m).
- Take an exciting flight to Lukla.
- Ngozumpa Glacier and Gokyo Lakes.
- Admire the landscape of mountains such as Mt. Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), Cho Oyu (8201m), Nuptse (7861m), and Ama Dablam (6856m), among others
Everest Circuit Trekking Route
The trek begins in Kathmandu with an exciting flight through the small, tall hills and snow-capped mountains in eastern Nepal to Lukla. The adventure starts in Lukla as you follow the Dudh Koshi River and pass through a number of Sherpa settlements. After leaving Monjo, you proceed north to Namche Bazaar, the largest Sherpa village, where you enter the Sagarmatha National Park. The route to Lumde departs at Namche and travels through Thame.
The first pass you will see is Renjo La, which is located at a height of 5360 meters. From here, your journey will take you to the dazzling Gokyo Lakes and the Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in the Khumbu Valley. The journey descends to Gokyo town, where you may learn about Sherpa culture and visit the mesmerizing Gokyo Lakes. Dragnag is reached by continuing east along the trail. The Cho La Pass is the second pass you'll encounter (5420m). As you go from here to the Everest Base Camp, you will feel the excitement of the journey. Along with seeing the stunning Khumbu Icefall and the Khumbu Mountains, you will also get to go to Kalapatthar.
Kongma La Pass, the highest of the Three Passes at 5535 meters, is the last. The journey back to Lukla starts with the descent from Kongma La, which brings you to Chhukung. Villages like Orsho, Pangboche, and Tengboche are passed while the walk continues along the Imja River. The trek arrives in Namche and continues on its steady descent to Lukla.
Kathmandu -> Lukla -> Phakding -> Namche Bazaar -> Thyangboche -> Dingboche -> Chhukung -> Khongma La Pass -> Lobuche -> Gorakshep -> Everest Base Camp -> Kalapatthar -> Gorakchep -> Dzongla -> Gokyo Lake -> Renjo La -> Lungden -> Thame -> Phakding -> Lukla -> Kathmandu
Nepal Trek Adventure & Expedition makes your trip to Nepal a better memory to remember with all the packages that it provides. Everest Circuit Trek is also one of them. This trek gives you the best panoramic view of Himalayan ranges and rare flora and fauna. You can book your trip easily with us by just sending us an inquiry mail or by direct booking from our fixed departure section. Group joining and group confirmation facility is also provided by us. You can make a change in the itinerary as well but in that case, you must inform us so that we can manage and organize the needed services. You can contact us anytime and we will reach you as soon as possible.