A Muktinath helicopter tour is the easiest way to visit Muktinath and explore around. This helicopter tour to Muktinath Temple is done either from Pokhara or Kathmandu. The Heli flight takes about 03.30 hours to complete from Kathmandu and 02.30 hours to complete from Pokhara. It proffers outstanding the sight of mountains, green hills, rivers, lakes, and occasionally snow-white landscapes. Within this helicopter tour, we will pick you up from your respective hotel and transfer you to the airport via private vehicle.
Then, the helicopter will board onward upon the pilot's signal. The grounding/landing time for this tour is marked as 01.30 hours. In this time, we will head for Muktinath Darshan, bath in sacred ponds (known as Mukti Kunda) and 108 cows faced water spouts, outlook eternal flame (residing within a minute's distance from the main temple), known as 'Jwala Mai'.
Located at the lap of the Himalayas, the Muktinath temple is the center of attraction for trekkers, adventure travelers, and believers. In spite of being a temple of Lord Vishnu, this Hindu deity is admired by Hindus and Buddhists equally. Due to its recognition as the temple located at the highest altitude (about 3,800 meters from sea level), it is one of the favorite trekking and touring spots for adventure seekers and nature lovers.
Every year nearly 17 thousand people visit there in the on-seasons like autumn and spring, and winter cannot be missed (in winter climate remains cooler than ever but also several visitors do not fade). Although the majority of visitors visit Muktinath for religious purposes, a substantial amount of visitors scale the temple due to its adventurous terrain and magnificent views. The view of snow-covered mountains, apple orchards, hanging bridges and the exposure to the local lifestyle is potent enough awoke the adventurous self in anyone.
Muktinath is the place where all five elements on earth are found: Water, Fire, Earth, Air, and Sky. The word 'Muktinath' is comprised of two words, 'Mukti' and 'Nath'. 'Mukti' means 'Salvation or Nirvana' and 'Nath' means 'Master or God'.
Beliefs: According to Hindu myth, there is a belief that Hindu devotees will get nirvana after taking a bath in those waterspouts and holy ponds. There is a ceremonious belief of tossing a penny in that holy pond and grasping the same or different coin is well-thought-out as a lucky charm.
Muktinath Helicopter Tour Details - Muktinath Yatra by Helicopter Cost
- Tour duration: 03:30 hours from Kathmandu and 02:30 hours from Pokhara
- Kathmandu to Muktinath helicopter tour cost: $4000 per helicopter
- Pokhara to Muktinath helicopter tour cost: $2500 per helicopter
- Altitude: 3,800 meters
- Minimum group size: 1 person
- Maximum group size: 5 people in 1 helicopter
- Tour type: Private or group joining
- Private helicopter tour: Daily departure Kathmandu if weather is good
- Group joining helicopter tour: Group joining can be possible during the best season which is mentioned below.
- Best months to visit Muktinath: September, October, November, March, April, May, and June
Muktinath Helicopter Tour from Kathmandu
While you are in Kathmandu, you can have a direct helicopter tour to Muktinath Temple from Kathmandu. It takes around 1 hour and 15 minutes to reach Muktinath Temple from Kathmandu Domestic Terminal. For this, you need to be in Kathmandu. Early in the morning, the company's staff will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the airport. From there, you along with your guide will head towards Muktinath temple. Along the way, you will be acknowledged for different catchy spots by the guide.
- 06:30: Pick-up from hotel and transfer to the airport
- 07:00: Helicopter flight to Muktinath Temple
- 08:15: Reach the temple and explore
- 10:00: Fly back to Kathmandu
Muktinath Helicopter Tour from Pokhara
Muktinath Helicopter Tour from Pokhara is accessible when you are formerly in Pokhara. It takes around 45 minutes to reach Muktinath Temple from Pokhara Airport. In the morning, the company's representative will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the airport. From there, you will board towards the temple with your guide and the team (if present). Amid this chopper ride, the guide will aid you to know about different spots upcoming the course.
- 07:00: Pick-up from hotel and transfer to the airport
- 07:25: Helicopter flight to Muktinath Temple
- 08:10: Reach the temple and explore
- 09:30: Fly back to Pokhara
NOTE: Some of the important notes for this helicopter tour to Muktinath Temple are as follow:
- The helicopter's taking off and landing time may vary because of the weather and climatic condition.
- Kathmandu Pokhara Flight Ticket service is available with us. If you want to reach Pokhara from Kathmandu or Kathmandu from Pokhara via us, you can advantage of that too, but at an additional cost.
- This helicopter tour can be modified as per clients' demands and requirements.
Muktinath Helicopter tour service with Nepal Trek Adventure & Expedition is available at cheaper i.e. best price for 2023, and 2024. We deliver this chopper ride from both Kathmandu and Pokhara. The prices vary for that. Supplementary treks and tours can also be added to this Heli tour. Likewise, the fully tailor-made itinerary can be organized. Looking over the group joining facility, if you want to unite with other groups and complete this tour, then you need to formally consult with us at least a week prior to the helicopter flight date.
It will aid a lot in finding the group and managing the trip. But if you have a private group, then a last-minute booking of 2 days prior to the helicopter flight date can be made. Other than that, why take a chance? It is best to book this Muktinath Helicopter Tour at least 10 days earlier than the flight schedule. It will let both parties have enough time to prepare and manage the trip more proficiently.