Tengboche Monastery Trek starts from Kathmandu on a regular flight to Lukla. From Lukla, you will trek towards Phakding on the very same day. The next day, you will trek to Namche Bazaar and stay overnight. From Namche, you will trek to Khumjung and the following day, you will head towards Tengboche and explore the place.
While exploring Tengboche, you will witness Tengboche monastery and monuments, antique statues, paintings, scriptures, rivers, explore flora and fauna, panoramic view of mountain peaks like Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Thamserku, and Ama Dablam. You will also get a chance to interact with local Sherpa people in the villages.
On the following day, the Heli will take you to Kala Patthar and land for a few minutes where you can enjoy the mountain peaks and their surroundings. After a few minutes of exploring, the helicopter will take you back to Lukla. As you will have more time in Lukla, you can explore the markets or go for short hikes. In the evening, you will have Nepalese or foreign-styled food and stay overnight. On the final day, you will fly back to Kathmandu in a regular aircraft flight.
During your whole journey, you will get a chance to experience many things like stunning views of mountains, famous monasteries, temples, lush green forest of pine, oak and blooming rhododendron, cultural villages, and so forth.
Major attractions of Tengboche Monastery Trek
- Pleasing and scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Helicopter flight from Tengboche to Kala Patthar and back to Lukla.
- Panoramic mountain views of Mount Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse and Thamserku.
- Hiking through many famous and beautiful places like Lukla, Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Khumjung, and Tengboche.
- Chance to step foot on the highest viewpoint - Kala Patthar (5,643 meters).
- Lush green forest of blooming rhododendron, hills, rare flora, and fauna.
- Suspension bridges, rivers, streams, waterfalls, muddy and steep paths, settlements, local tea houses, hotels, and more.
- Interaction with local Sherpas and chance to observe their culture tradition, norms, values, and lifestyle.
- Delicious and authentic meals in hotels and teahouses during the trek.
Trip fact of Tengboche Monastery Trek 6 days Itinerary
- Destination: Everest base camp / Kala Patthar
- Duration: 6 days
- Walking hours per day: 2 to 4 hours
- Helicopter flight time: Around 60 minutes
- Group size: Minimum of 1 person
- Group size for helicopter: 1 to 5 persons in one helicopter
- Weight allowances in Heli ride: 400 kg with luggage
- Minimum Altitude: 1,400 meters (Kathmandu)
- Maximum Altitude: 5,643 metres (Kala Patthar) or 5,380 metres (EBC)
- Best seasons: March, April, May, September, October, and November. However, this trip can run in any month of the year, when weather conditions are favorable. Remember to check on the weather forecast, before planning or booking the trek to base camp Everest for 6 days.
Nepal Trek Adventure offers this amazing Tengboche Monastery trek and a Heli ride to the Himalayas and returns back to Kathmandu within only 6 days. We offer both private and group joining facilities with the best price guarantee. The packages provided by our company are fully customizable. Thus, you can add or deduct days, or add any comprehensive itineraries with it as per your requirements. Feel free to contact us if you are willing to go for this short 6 days Tengboche Monastery trek with a helicopter ride. We are available 24 X 7 for your service.