Kapuche lake helicopter tour is a short helicopter flight to the lowest altitude glacier lake in the world, Kapuche lake. The helicopter ride to Kapuche lake takes around an hour to complete from Pokhara eliminating the trekking of around 4 days. This trip is suitable for every national and international traveler of all age groups who are keen to explore a new natural attraction in Nepal.
The Kapuche lake helicopter tour has become one of the recently discovered yet fast-growing trips in Nepal. This helicopter flight takes you to an altitude of 2546 meters above sea level offering views of high mountains like Annapurna II, Lamjung Himal, green forests, village settlement areas, waterfall, river, and so on. Residing at such an altitude makes this lake the lowest-altitude lake destination in Nepal.
Nepal Trek Adventures offers a remarkable opportunity for you to explore this emerging helicopter trip to Kapuche lake being one of the hundreds of travelers who have visited this place till now. We have prepared an itinerary of an hour that can be constantly utilized or customized with any modification in the trip structure. Similarly, the price is very reasonable and best guaranteed to parallel the services provided throughout the trip.
Kapuche lake helicopter tour facts
- Starting point: Pokhara
- Ending point: Pokhara
- Helicopter flight duration: 20 minutes (one way)
- Helicopter ground time at Kapuche lake: 20 minutes
- Maximum altitude: 2546 meters (Kapuche lake)
- Minimum altitude: 1400 meters (Pokhara city)
- Best seasons: Spring (March, April, and May) and Autumn (September, October, and November)
- Permits required: Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (Rs 100 for Nepalis, Rs 1000 for SAARC nationals, and Rs 3000 for foreign citizens)
Kapuche lake helicopter tour of major attractions
- Helicopter flight of 20 minutes (one way) to the lowest altitude glacial lake of the world, Kapuche lake residing at a height of 2546 meters.
- Ground time of 20 minutes at Kapuche lake.
- 360-degree panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), and more.
- A glimpse of the 64 meters tall Edi waterfall en route.
- Flight over the forests of fir and rhododendron, suspension bridges, ridges, and the largest Gurung village - Sikles.
- If you get lucky, you will have the view of massive or minor occasional avalanches on the different sides of the lake.
Know more about Kapuche lake
Kapuche lake, the name itself is a masterpiece comprising three words - Ka, Pu, and Che. Here, 'Ka' means 'ice or snow', 'Pu' means 'breaking down and sliding', and 'Che' means 'settling on the flat land'. Overall, 'Kapuche' means 'Ice fallen and settled in a land forming a glacier'. It is the lowest altitude glacier lake in the world at a height of 2546 meters above sea level with a pristine natural environment and unique topography. Geographically, it is situated in the Kaski district of the Annapurna region of Nepal.
The lake is spread over an area of 0.12 kilometers square and is 40 meters in depth. Also, in winter, the temperature of the lake crosses sub-zero and the surface of the lake turns into ice. Starting from Pokhara, you will reach Kapuche lake passing through the villages like Aatighar Mauja, Thak, Tara Hill, Sikles, and Huge following the off-the-beaten trekking trail with less crowd.
Kapuche lake group joining helicopter tour cost.
The helicopter flight to Kapuche on a group joining basis is operated if you are 1, 2, or 3 in a group and want to join the stranger traveler for the trip (for completing 4 seats on the helicopter). This helicopter flight basis is comparatively cheaper than private helicopter flights. The cost for the Kapuche lake group joining the helicopter tour cost is mentioned below:
Kapuche lake private helicopter tour cost.
The helicopter flight to Kapuche lake on a private basis is operated with a private group of a maximum of 4 persons in a helicopter. If you have a group of a maximum of 4 persons and want to enjoy the helicopter ride to Kapuche lake in your own group, a private helicopter flight basis is best suited for you. Amid this type of tour, you will not have any hassle of moving according to the interest of other travelers as you will be able to enjoy your trip on your own terms. The cost for Kapuche lake private helicopter tour cost is mentioned below:
Short itinerary of Kapuche lake helicopter tour.
- 08:00 AM - Fly from Pokhara airport to Kapuche lake
- 08:20 AM - Reach Kapuche lake and explore around for 20 minutes
- 08:50 AM - Helicopter returns back to Pokhara airport