What to Expect at Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour?
The Everest base helicopter tour is a short and scenic drive to Mount Everest. This helicopter flight to Everest starts from Kathmandu and explicitly lands at Kala Patthar, the highest viewpoint on Everest. It takes around 4 to 5 hours for this Everest helicopter flight experience to complete. The main aim of this helicopter ride to Everest base camp is to offer a panoramic view of Mount Everest alongside other high mountains of Nepal. Also, you will enjoy the aerial and terrestrial views of the naturally beautiful landscape around Everest mountain.
Helicopter ride to Everest base camp is the most desirable and appreciated tour in Nepal, excelling in the competition of being the most-selling Heli tour in Nepal. It is because of the trip’s deal to take you to the lap of the Nepalese Himalayas within a limited time frame. This Heli tour package to Mount Everest starting from Kathmandu makes a full circuit to Everest with various landing points like Lukla (2860m), Kala Patthar (5644.5m), Hotel Everest View (3880m), and finally returns back to Kathmandu.
Flying with a helicopter to Mount Everest base camp operates on a group joining and private basis. Similarly, it runs on a daily fixed departure basis during the main seasons and on certain dates throughout the year. We provide a helicopter tour to Everest base camp with highly experienced and friendly pilots. They will be the rider as well as guides for you on this Everest chopper trip.
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Major Attractions and Benefits
- Foot stepping at the highest vantage point Kala Patthar (5545 meters above sea level) for a very short period of time (around 4 to 5 hours in the morning).
- Saves trekking days as this tour brings Mount Everest close to your eyes within a few hours of the day.
- Overall helicopter tour experience at the best and most reasonable price.
- Heartfelt breakfast at the Everest View Hotel (5 Star Hotel in Everest).
- Close-eye view of Mount Everest – the highest peak in the world, and its base camp which lies close to the Khumbu Glacier.
- Pristine aerial views of surrounding snow-capped Himalayas, verdant greenery, brownish hills, farm villages, blooming flowers, glaciers, and adjacent snowy landscape
- Scenic helicopter flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2860 meters) and then to Everest Base Camp (5380 meters) or Kala Patthar (5545 meters)
- Encounter the impressive Buddhist and Tibetan culture and colorful customs of the people in the Himalayas
- Aerial views of the Himalayas, alpine forest, valleys, native Sherpa settlements, and arctic areas of ice and glaciers.
- The sight of sky-scraping mountains like Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Cholatse, Gauri Shankar, and many more.
- Landing and exploration opportunity at Kala Patthar - the highest viewpoint in the Everest region.
- Stopover at Lukla airport - One of the most dangerous airports in the world.
Quick booking: Book Now (Instant & easy booking system. Confirmation within a minute).
Contact person: Binod Sapkota
Contact particulars: Nepal mobile +977 9851017030 - 24 Hrs available on WhatsApp, Viber, or WeChat.
Why Book an Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with us?
There are hundreds of helicopter trip operators in Nepal. But Nepal Trek Adventures stands out amongst them because of our commitment and dedication to providing the best services and hospitality before, during, and after your journey. We have the experience of more than a decade in providing such helicopter services to our godly clients. Also, we mainly focus on customer satisfaction and the choices of itineraries and services they demand. Furthermore, here are the key services that we provide:
- Experience team of pilots, guides, and drivers
- Brand new helicopters
- Easy and instant online booking system
- Every day fixed departures on the main seasons
- Quick response to any questions and queries regarding trip [24/7 service on-demand]
- Experience in the field of trekking and tours for more than a decade.
- Licensed, well-experienced, trained, and qualified team members to behold you throughout the journey.
- We provide brand new fleets and experienced pilots for the tour.
Nepal Trek Adventure helicopter tour operator company always uses a B3 double engine strong helicopter for the tour. Everest base camp helicopter tour is high altitude flying Himalayan adventure activities tour. So brand new helicopters with the latest models and experienced pilots are very important for safety reasons.
We are proud to share that the NTA Heli tour company takes full responsibility for the safety tour and health concerns of our dear guests. Fly with full confidence with our fleets and best pilots in Nepal, the Himalayas!
We offer 4 major landings in the Everest region during the heli tour.
We offer landing opportunities at four different places in the Everest Himalayas. These are the major highlights of this Mt EBC helicopter tour. Landing at these places offers mesmerizing views of high mountains like Mount Everest and other Himalayan ranges, hills, glaciers, icefalls, ridges, Chortens, and so on. Here are the short understandings of landing opportunities at varying places while doing the Mount Everest helicopter tours.
1. First Landing at Lukla Airport (20 Minutes for Defueling)
Everest base camp helicopter tour offers landing opportunities at four different places in the Everest Himalayas. These are the major highlights of the Everest base camp helicopter tour. Landing at these places offers mesmerizing views of high mountains like Mount Everest and other Himalayan ranges, hills, glaciers, icefalls, ridges, Chortens, and so on. Here are the short understandings of landing opportunities at varying places while doing the Mount Everest helicopter tours.
2. Second Landing at Pheriche (30 Minute to Manage the Flight Shuttle)
Similarly, the helicopter flies toward Pheriche (4371 meters), and here a second landing opportunity is provided. At Pheriche, the number of persons per flight and weight is maintained. The helicopter pauses here for around 20 minutes.
3. Third Landing at Kalapathar Helipad (5 to 8 Minutes for Mt. Everest View Point)
The helicopter flight then goes upwards to Kala Patthar (5545 meters) from Pheriche carrying a maximum of 240 kgs and 3 persons in 1 helicopter. Reaching Kala Patthar offers the third landing opportunity for this helicopter tour. During this landing, enjoy the best photogenic panorama of the snow-capped skyscraping mountains all around.
4. Fourth Landing at Hotel Everest View (1 Hour for Breakfast)
Finally, the helicopter flies towards Hotel Everest View (3880 meters) where you will stop for around 35 minutes to enjoy breakfast with a front-eye view of Mount Everest. Cherish this fourth landing opportunity with further moments of photographs and videos. After the stopover time passes, you will fly to Kathmandu via Lukla. A helicopter flies via Lukla in order to refuel the helicopter in Lukla to continue an hour of flight towards Kathmandu.
Everest base camp helicopter tour total duration
- The total length of the EBC helicopter tour is 4 to 5 hours
- Kathmandu to Lukla flight: 45 minutes
- Defueling Heli at Lukla: 15 to 20 minutes
- Lukla to Mt. Everest/Kalapatthar flight: 30 minutes
- Ground time at Kala Patthar: 5 to 10 minutes
- Flight from Kalapatthar to Hotel Everest View: 15 minutes
- Stop for breakfast at Hotel Everest View: 45 to 55 minutes
- Hotel Everest View to Lukla: 15 minutes
- Refueling at Lukla: 10 to 15 minutes
We offer group joining helicopter tours every day during the season.
We offer group joining helicopter tours during the main season of the year. The main season for this tour is March, April, May & September, October, November, and December. The helicopter ride to Mount Everest accommodates a maximum of 5 persons and 500 kgs from Kathmandu. Similarly, the helicopter flies with a maximum of 3 persons and 240 kgs from Pheriche beyond 4000 meters. If you are 1, 2, 3, or 4 in numbers and want to join the group of other travelers and fly to Everest base camp via helicopter, you can easily do so. Make sure that you contact us and provide the details that we will need to consider for running this Everest base camp Heli tour.
Everest base camp helicopter tour cost in a group joining starts from $900 to $995 per person depending upon the group size. Kathmandu to Mount Everest by helicopter price differs on paying together with friends or for the individual paying solo to join our group tour. Mount Everest helicopter group tour cost varies on the availability of seats in a helicopter and also on the itinerary and services demanded by the clients.
Private Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
Nepal Everest private helicopter flight tour is a popular world-class deluxe tour as the highest flight landing activity in the world. Private Everest base camp helicopter tour means you will have the flight with your own circle. You can include your own family, friends, relatives, and private gatherings. A private Everest Himalaya tour is suitable for those travelers who want to enjoy the Everest environment in their own private space.
Mount Everest private helicopter day tours are getting famous for so many reasons. You can book a private helicopter flight for the following purposes on Everest:
- Love proposals for your girlfriend/boyfriend
- Personal visit to Everest region
- Marriage anniversary celebration with cakes and champagne
- Birthday celebration with cakes and champagne at the height of 5545 meters
- Surprise tour as a gift for your friends and families
The name ‘private helicopter landing tour to EBC from Kathmandu’ itself sounds cool in its own way and is the luxury flight to Everest by helicopter. With no encounter with other travelers, no waiting, and no hassle at any point, this private and organic helicopter tour to Everest offers the perfect sightseeing adventure for life. You will have full personal space to enjoy your day and make the most out of the trip.
Note: Our detailed itinerary includes 8 to 15 minutes of ground time at Kala Patthar. As this is a private tour and we are fully flexible for customization, you can increase the time for enjoyment as per your wish.
The private cost of a Mount Everest helicopter tour depends on the number of people traveling together. Where the price for 1 to 3 people flying to base camp with suitable weights costs less. In the case where a group of 3 persons crosses the weight limit of 240 kilograms (above the height of 4000 meters), a double shuttle will be required.
Private Everest base camp helicopter tour costs for a single and double shuttle range from $3950 to $4500. You can have a private helicopter Everest flyover tour without landing at any point, for which the price will be lesser. Everest base camp helicopter private tour with landing for 4 to 5 persons in 1 helicopter, a double shuttle is required for which the price list is given below.
Private Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Cost
No. of pax in a private tour
Everest base camp private helicopter tour cost
1 to 3 pax (family/friends)
$3950 per helicopter (single shuttle)
4 pax (private family tour)
$4250 per helicopter (double shuttle)
5 pax (family/private tour)
$4500 per helicopter (double shuttle)
Every extra shuttle flight would cost $500 (if the maximum weight limit exceeds).
- 1 to 3 persons in a private helicopter with landing $3950 in total for a single shuttle
- 4 persons in a private helicopter with landing at Kalapathar $4250 in total for a double shuttle
- 5 people in a private helicopter with landing above base camp $4500 in total for a double shuttle