Nepal Visa Information
Visa Policy of Nepal
The Visa policy of Nepal is very liberal which allows almost citzens of all nation to obtain a tourist visa on arrival.
Freedom of Movement
Indian Citizens do not need a visa to Enter Nepal because of the Treaty of Peace and Friendship Between The Government of India and The Government of Nepal.
But they have to use any acceptable documents to enter Nepal which is mentioned below:
- Indian Passport
- A voter ID card with a photograph
- Registration certificate issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen residing in Nepal
- Ad hoc/temporary identity card issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen in the event of an emergency
OR Indian National Traveling to Nepal must possess any one of the following documents
- Driving license with photo
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
Entry Procedures & Visa Rules in Nepal
Visa Facility Duration Fee
Multiple entry 15 days US$ 30 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 30 days US$ 50 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 90 days US$ 125 or equivalent convertible currency
Gratis (Free) Visa
Gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of SAARC countries. However, for extension of visa for SAARC nationals, the rule is the same as that of other nationals. Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter into Nepal.
For Visa Extension in Nepal
Tourists can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31) extending the visa at the rate of 2 US $ per day. However, a minimum amount of 30 US$ has to be paid for a period of 15 days or less.
Visa Required In Advance
According to Nepal provides visa-on-arrival to all the nationals of different countries except the ones mentioned below. The nationals of the following countries are not provided visa-on-arrival and may obtain their visa from Nepalese diplomatic missions located in or near their respective countries prior to arrival in Nepal. The countries are:
The Diplomatic and Official or Service Passport holders of following countries are exempted from visa requirement to enter, stay and exit from Nepal and transit through Nepal.
- Thailand – Exemption up to 90 days.
- Russian Federation – Exemption up to 90 days.
- People’s Republic of China – Exemption up to 30 days.
- Federal Republic of Brazil – Exemption up to 90 days
Photo - For obtaining the visa or for renewing visa 1 passport size photo is necessary.
Transit Visa - Transit visa is provided for 1 day for 5 US$ or Equivalent convertible currency. A return ticket is necessary.