- Panchase Trek is one of the best and most unique short trekking routes around Pokhara, Nepal. It lies in the Annapurna region of Nepal. The name refers to the five seats of the mother in which a person experiences five levels of existence including thinking, feeling, sensing, and manifesting from above and below. Your trek starts in a unique style with a gentle boat trip across Lake Phewa to take you to the start point with an unforgettable closer view of the Himalayas, unbeatable Landscapes, total wildness experience, inhabited by different ethnical groups, untouched biodiversity, and natural heritage site with the peaceful environment. Nowadays, it is a unique photographic destination in Nepal.
The summit of Panchase Hill (2,500 m) is often considered to be the best viewpoint. From Panchase, you will see the giant Himalayan peaks of Machhapuchhare, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Lamjung, Gangapurna, and Manaslu. The forests in the Panchase area are very diverse, and much of it is classified as a protected forest consisting of a large number of orchid species at over 100 and rhododendron forests. During your journey, you will see many ethnic mixes, such as Brahmin, Magar, and Gurung as well as other groups including their lifestyles. Panchase is actually one of the hill stations in the Annapurna Region and also a religious site for Hindu People as well as other trekkers. You can see a stunning sunrise over the snowy Himalayan peaks this made you relax. This trek is suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
Panchase Trek Route
Pokhara -> Bhumdi -> Panchase Bhanjyang -> Bhadaure -> Pokhara (via Nau Danda) -> Kathmandu
Panchase Trek People and Locals
Panchase surrounding is the home of about 70,000 people including Bhadaure, Chitre, Kalabang, Sidhane, Arthare, Deurali, and Talibarang villages. Almost all villages have a homestay facility with mind-blowing hospitality. Especially, Gurung and Magar individuals inhabited this place.
Panchase Trek Nature and Wildlife
Panchase is a village lying on the lap of the Himalayas with a lot more pristine beauty, and natural and ethnic diversity. It covers the districts like Kaski, Parbat, and Syangja.
Some of the major attractions of Panchase in terms of nature and wildlife are:
- Flowers and plants: Rhododendron, Leksallo, and Sunkhari
- Herbs: Chattre, Loth Salla, Satuwa, and Unyu
- Animals: Deer, bear, tiger, panda, etc.
- Birds: Kalij, eagle, etc.
- River: Harpan Khola - the origin point of the famous Seti Khola, Jare Khola, Rati Khola, Adhi Khola, and Phewa Lake
Panchase Trek Difficulty Level
Panchase Trek is done till the height of 2,500 meters (Panchase Hill). It is not a bigger height; hence the difficulty level is tended to ‘no’. This trek is rated as an ‘easy’ trek in Nepal. It is because of the height aspect and the physical fitness needed for accomplishing this trek.
How can I book Panchase Trek with NTA?
NTA offers different departure dates for every month of the year. You can choose any dates and simply click on the Book Now button. Also, if you want any modification in the itinerary, or want the different dates (not mentioned in the departure date list), then, simply prefer Customize Booking Section.