Hotel + Lodges
Best Season September to February
- Unique way to enjoy landscapes and series of towering mountains from sky
- Experience life in air for around 40 minutes
- Share sky with some unique birds of the country
- experience mountains from possible close distance
To experience life in air, paragliding is much recommended adventure sports in Nepal. It is one of the youngest sporting events of the country that started from 2007 in Pokhara—Lake City. Experience of Paragliding gives you the sense of free flying. The views of surrounding mountains from the sky, green forests, white clouds and blue lakes will discover a content individual in you.
Sarangkot in Pokhara is the paragliding destination from where the flight takes off. The spot is 1,592m from sea level. In this flight of 30-40 minutes you will share sky with vultures, eagles and kites. It is an ecstatic feeling to see villages, temples and lakes from the sky. Moreover, you will enjoy series of towering mountains namely, Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Lamjung Himal, Annapurna and Himchuli. Finally, you safely land in lakeside.
The best time for the event is September to February. You do not need any experience for paragliding as our instructor/pilot will give you detail briefing before the glide.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Preparation for journey
- Day 03:Sightseeing in Patan and Bhaktapur
- Day 04:Drive to Pokhara
- Day 05:Paragliding and Pokhara Sightseeing
- Day 06:Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 07:Departure from Nepal
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu On your arrival, staff of NTA will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer you to the hotel. If you are not tired then you can roam around Thamel area. In the evening NTA will host welcome dinner to you.
- Day 02:Preparation for journey On this very day, you will be provided the information about the plans and you will also meet group leader and respective members. Group formation will also be done.
- Day 03:Sightseeing in Patan and Bhaktapur Patan Durbar Square is listed in World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is a historic place that is rich in arts and architecture. Besides Patan Durbar, Krishna Temple is another thing to watch due to its typical architecture. It is said that the temple was built by carving a single rock. On the same day we will also visit Bhaktapur. It is a traditional city which has its unique culture and lifestyle. Nyatapole Temple, The Golden Gate and 55 Window Palace are the things that lure tourists here.
- Day 04:Drive to Pokhara After breakfast we will drive to Pokhara. It is around six hours drive. En route you will see Trishuli River, green hills and small settlements (villages) by the side of highways. Upon our arrival in Pokhara you feel as if giant mountain walls welcoming you in eternal way. We will have our lunch on the way to Pokhara. We will stay in a hotel of your choice in Pokhara. You can spend your time strolling in the streets of this lake city.
- Day 05:Paragliding and Pokhara Sightseeing On this day, early in the morning we head towards Sarangkot. It is a hill from where we can enjoy Annapurna and Dhaulagiri in north and observe Pokhara to its (Sarangkot) south. Sarangkot is a destination for paragliding. Here we will experience the beautiful event. Besides, watching sunrise from this place is amazing experience of life. The way the sun kisses the snow-capped peak is not expressed in words. Now we move towards Pokhara and explore all popular landmarks of this lake city. Davis Falls, Shiva Cave, Mahendra Cave, do boating in Phewa Lake (largest lake of the city) and visit Bindhyabashini Temple (the temple is located at the centre of the lake) are today’s major activities. We will also observe International Mountain Museum (IMM) that is of its kind which keeps records of mountaineering activities happening in the world.
- Day 06:Drive to Kathmandu On this day, after breakfast, we drive back to Kathmandu. We will follow the same route which we experienced a day earlier. On arriving Kathmandu you may take some rest or can enjoy the town for some time. In the evening, NTA will serve dinner to you which you will enjoy along with cultural music.
- Day 07:Departure from Nepal Our tour in Nepal ends today and our representative will drop you at the airport.
See you soon!!
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- 4 nights in a hotel in Kathmandu and 2 nights in a hotel in Pokhara
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Transportation in comfortable private vehicle
- English speaking, trained and experienced local tour guide (optional)
- Heritage sites entrance fees
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal visa fee
- Airfare for international flights to and from Kathmandu
- All entrance fees
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation (anything mentioned outside of itinerary)
- Excess baggage charges
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guides
We will be staying at a luxury hotel of your choice in Kathmandu. Here you will be staying four nights. And, in Pokhara, you will spend two nights. Twin sharing basis is the criteria for accommodation. For single accommodation you need to pay additional $ 300 US.
Breakfasts will be served by your hotel during your stay in Kathmandu. Your stay in Nagarkot and Pokhara includes lunch, dinner and breakfast.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.