Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season March, April, and September to November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- It is one of the easiest and shortest treks of the country.
- Tourist with a small time limit can try this trail.
- The region is popular for Buddhist monasteries and sweet apples.
- Observe culture, tradition, and lifestyle of Hyolmo people.
Helambu Trekking in Nepal
Helambu short trek is most popular trekking itinerary for trekkers in Langtang region. Nepal Trek Adventure offers 5 to 7 days of this circuit at best cost (price) and itinerary. You can start this trekking from both ways either Melamchi Bazar about 60 Km or by Sundarijal 26 Km from Kathmandu. Located northeast of Kathmandu, it extends from north of Taramarang to the tree limit of the Gosainkunda Lake and lower slopes of Jugal Himal. There we meet several highland Tamang and Sherpa villages, scattered on both sides of the Malemchi Khola.
Helambu Short Trekking are vary on the desire of the clients and we can design the itinerary as per our client’s request. The Langtang valley is aptly called “the valley of glaciers". Here the mountain-scape is spectacular. On either side of the valley, mountains rise, soaring into the sky. The valley offers pine forest, slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy downs, and meadows strewn with daisies and wild primulas. In the upper part of the valley, there are snow bridges spanning angry torrents, high passes enveloped in mist, tiny lakes with icebergs coating on them and waters of crystalline brightness. This trek is comparatively easier one due to the fact that the elevations are lower, ranging between 800m and 3600m, offering less climbing as well as warmer temperatures.
The most important benet of this trek is that the area is less crowded & free from noise in comparison to the Annapurna trek and some parts of the Everest treks. Besides this, the trek offers a wide range of cultures and spectacular scenery. The Helambu Short trek is a perfect short trek nearby Kathmandu Valley. Despite being so close to Kathmandu, the Helambu region remains relatively un-spoilt. Besides the hyolmo culture of high mountain people, the company of green rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and the snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of most diverse treks near Kathmandu. The great Himalayan scenery at the border with Tibet and monasteries make a trek to the region an enthralling experience.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Drive to Sundarijal and Trek to Chisopani
- Day 02:Chisopani to Khutumsang
- Day 03:Khutumsang to Tharepati
- Day 04:Tharepati to Tarke Gyang
- Day 05:Tarke Ghyang to Sermathang
- Day 06:Sermathang to Malemchi Pul Bazar (846m) and drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 01:Drive to Sundarijal and Trek to Chisopani A 15km drive from Kathmandu takes you to the starting point of the trek. On arrival at Sundarijal, you can visit Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. From Sundarijal, the trail heads up to the concrete steps beside the pipeline which supply drinking water for the valley. We leave the pipeline near the dam, and then on to Mulkharka, trekking up the ridge at around 1895m, some 600m above Sundarijal. There you can take some time to relax in a convenient tea shop and to enjoy the view back over the valley. We then continue walking to Chisopani (2300m) from where stunning mountain views are to be had.
- Day 02:Chisopani to Khutumsang From Chisopani the trail leads down to Pati Bhanjyang (1770m), a lovely small village. After reaching Pati Bhanjyang, the trail leads up and then down to the village of Gul Bhanjyang (2140m). From here the trail climbs up to 2620m and then again descends along the rocky route to Khutumsang (2470m).
- Day 03:Khutumsang to Tharepati Following a ridgeline, the trail continues via lightly populated forest to Magen Goth from where the view of Langtang and Gosaikund peak is stunning and finally reaching Tharepati (3490m). This walk from is one of the best ridges walks among all treks in Nepal.The trails to Gosaikund branches off north-west from here.
- Day 04:Tharepati to Tarke Gyang Turning east, the trail rapidly descends down a ravine through small Sherpa village of Malemchigaon (2530m) with splendid lodges and fine old and artistic Gompas.
The trail again descends leaving the village and crossing Malenchi Khola by a bridge at 1890m and making the long climb up the other side of the valley to Tarke Gyang at 2620m, which is the largest village in Helambu.
- Day 05:Tarke Ghyang to Sermathang The trails gently descend through a beautiful forest to Sermathang (2620m). It is the center of an important apple-growing area from where a fantastic view of the Himalayas is seen.
- Day 06:Sermathang to Malemchi Pul Bazar (846m) and drive back to Kathmandu As we leave Sermanthang the trails then continue to descent to Dubhachaur at 1500m, and then again steeply down to Malemchi (830m) where it meets the road. This village has the good collection of teahouses and lodges and all kinds of transportation including buses to get to Panchkhal on the Kodari road. From there, we can catch a bus to Kathmandu (4-5 hours drive by bus).
- Free airport picks upon your arrival and a drop at the end of your trip
- Shivapuri National park Permit
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Trekking Map
- Complete free trekking information before going to trek
- Tasty and hygienic organic welfare dinner at the end of the trek in Kathmandu
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek
- All nights in local teahouses/lodges during trekking
- An experienced licensed holder guide and needed number of porters as per your group size
- Medical first aid kit box ( which is carried by your team)
- Foods, accommodations and local tax for guide & porters
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (tea, coffee, water, hot water, etc) and of bar bills (alcoholic beverages)
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in trekking
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, porters, and drivers
- Accommodation or meals will not be included in Kathmandu in case of early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Size of Trekking Group
For Helambu Trek, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.He
While on trek, we will spend five nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 250 US.
Meals During Helambu Trek
During our Helambu Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks. Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months. For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.