Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season March, April and September to November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- Trekking in Langtang Valley is a beautiful experience as it is also called ‘The Valley of Glaciers Trek’.
- Langtang National Park protects the Valley which inhabits many animal species like, Himalayan black bear, Himalayann thar, Rhesus monkeys and, of course, Red Panda.
- The region resembles cross culture as the area borders Tibet.
Langtang Valley trekking is the shortest and nearest Himalayan region from Kathmandu situated on the northside in Nepal. it gives you a beautiful experience of the lifetime. Trekking in Langtang can be done in 7 Days too but Langtang trek 12 days is the best options to include the best Himalayan ranges of Langtang region. Nepal Trek Adventure offers the best route, cost, and itinerary as per as the choice of clients. We also have the package for Langtang valley 7 days trek. It is also called The Valley of Glaciers Trek. The Valley offers wonderful views of mountains towering on either side, pine forests, swiftly flowing rivers and mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks.
Langtang National Park protects the Valley. It also protects a number of peaks including Langtang Lirung (7246 m) and forests of the region. The park is habitat for many animal species like the Himalayan black bear, Himalayan Thar, Rhesus monkeys and, of course, Red Panda. Some trekkers and locals had also reported that they had sighted Yeti in the region. The majority of the people living in the Valley are Tamang who are Tibetan descent. Langtang was an important trading route to Tibet in the past due to which the region shared cross-culture resembling Tibetan heritage even today. The unique Tamang culture makes the Langtang Valley Trek different from other trekking experiences. Rituals of Tamang, their culture, architect, costumes and local dances pour extra essence on the trail.
The trail to Langtang Valley begins from Dhunche, a major village of Langtang region. The course follows the farmland and goes through a series of forests of rhododendron, bamboo, oaks, and pines. Passing narrow gorge of Langtang River paves the way to large alpine grassland of Kyanjin Gompa where the glacier meets the meadow. Yaks grazing in the footsteps of Langtang Ri, Langtang Lirung, Dorjee Lakpa and many more mountains is fascinating for any trek lovers.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 03:Drive Kathmandu to Dhunche (1,950m)
- Day 04:Dhunche to Syabrubesi (1,462m)
- Day 05:Syabrubesi to Syarpagoan (2,500m)
- Day 06:Syarpagoan to Langtang Valley (2,990m)
- Day 07:Langtang Valley to Kyanjing Gompa (3,798m)
- Day 08:Kyanjing Gompa
- Day 09:Kyanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel (2,500m)
- Day 10:Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi
- Day 11:Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 12:Departure from Nepal
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu On your arrival, our team member of NTA will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer you to the hotel. If you are not tired then you can roam around the Thamel area. In the evening NTA will host welcome dinner to you.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu We officially begin our tour from this day. Our guide will take you to the UNESCO World Heritage site in Kathmandu. You will visit Kathmandu Durbar Square where you will observe more than 500 years old Nepalese art and culture. Swayambhunath also was known as Monkey Temple is a popular tourist destination that you will visit. Pashupatinath (Hindus’ greatest temple) is another place you will visit on this day. Bouddhanath, which is in walk-in distance from Pashupatinath will be another spot of your visit. It is one of the largest stupas of South Asia.
- Day 03:Drive Kathmandu to Dhunche (1,950m) After an early morning breakfast, you will be driven to Dhunche, approximately 7 hrs away by bus. This is a lovely drive, passing fascinating scenery along the way. We arrive late afternoon at Dhunce. Dhunce is the head-quarters of Rasuwa district where we begin the Langtang Trek. In the evening we prepare for our trek to Langtang. O/N stay in Dhunche.
- Day 04:Dhunche to Syabrubesi (1,462m) From Dhunche there is a decent to the Trisuli river which is reached within half an hour. From the river bed, there is a steep climb to Dovan. From here a track to Gosainkunda leaves the main trail to Rasuwa Ghari and the Langtang valley. From Dovan there is a gentle climb to 6,400 feet and Bharku village is reached. From Bharku, traversing up and down after crossing a suspension bridge over the Langtang river, the village of Syabrubensi is reached.
- Day 05:Syabrubesi to Syarpagoan (2,500m) After a trek of about one hour from Syabrubensi, the small village of Wangal is reached. From here a trail branches off straight eastwards to Rasuwa Ghari. From Wangal there is a steep climb to Khanjung village. From there, after 1/2 hr climb, a small village is reached, known as Surka. The climb is steep for an hour through thick forest and from there the trail continues straight but not steep. From here, after a gentle descent for nearly 3 hrs, Syarpagoan is reached.
- Day 06:Syarpagoan to Langtang Valley (2,990m) From Syarpagoan, the trail then traverses up and down through the forest and Ghoratabela is reached within 5 hrs. From there, again a short climb for 1/2 hrs will bring you to a pass to the right of where the Langtang valley begins. Overnight in Langtang Valley.
- Day 07:Langtang Valley to Kyanjing Gompa (3,798m) From the pass, after trekking for nearly 3 hrs, Langtang village (3,414m.) is reached. From Langtang, there is a gentle ascent for 4 hrs to Kyangjing Gompa. Overnight in Kyangjing Gompa.
- Day 08:Kyanjing Gompa After visiting Kyangjing Monastery, an excellent look-out can be reached by climbing the slopes immediately behind the Kyangjing Gompa. A visit to Yala Cheese factory (4,800m.) and the small lake at 4,880m beyond Yala is worthwhile. Then back to our guest house again for a rest.
- Day 09:Kyanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel (2,500m) Trek back along the valley to Lama Hotel.
- Day 10:Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi Trek back to Syabrubesi (6 hrs) and overnight in the tea house.
- Day 11:Drive to Kathmandu We drive back to Kathmandu (approximately 24 hours) by private bus / van.
- Day 12:Departure from Nepal Our trip in Nepal ends today and our representative will drop you at the airport.
See you soon!!
- Free airport picks upon your arrival and a drop at the end of your trip
- Langtang National park Permit
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Trekking Map
- Complete free trekking information before going to trek
- Tasty and hygienic organic welfare dinner at the end of the trek in Kathmandu
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek
- All nights in local teahouses/lodges during trekking
- An experienced licensed holder guide and porters as per your group size
- Medical first aid kit box ( which is carried by your team)
- Foods, accommodations and local tax for a guide and porter
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (tea, coffee, water, hot water, etc) and of bar bills (alcoholic beverages)
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in trekking
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, porters, and drivers
- Accommodation or meals will not be included in Kathmandu in case of early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Langtang Trek and Chitwan Park
My now-husband and I spent a wonderful time in Nepal, all planned by NTA - they were excellent! Our guides were friendly and knowledgeable, the company staff was attentive from the beginning planning stages to the end (when they dropped us off at the airport) and Nepal is a great country! Thanks NTA for making us feel at home!
Langtang National Park trip
"The best way to forget what your life is made of every single day", a good summary to express what I felt when i got back to Kathmandu after 10 days of walking in the middle of the Himalayas.
You must know that The Langtang National Park was the first one to be established in the 70's.
We have chosen to do this one because less touristic. We were looking for an experience that will allow us to cut from the "real" world. But the best thing about this park is high diversity of its vegetation. It will take you through heavy forest, through dry spaces and wonderful landscapes.
Nepal Trek Adventure and Expedition had organised our trip the way we wanted to. Our 10 days walk with Dhana our guide was amazing. Dhana has been a young, happy and energic guide and became a close friend.
My girlfriend and I had experienced something incredible that I would recommand to anyone ready to cut from what we all know already and discover the top of our world.
Best trek I have ever done
From the moment we arrived for Langtang Valley Trek in the chaos of Kathmandu to the moment we got back on a plane to leave everything was taken care of. Nothing was too much for binod and his amazing team of Sherpas and porters. The only bad part of the trip was leaving! Will do, and have done, recommend this really authentic Nepalese trek. Thank you binod for making our journey so special
Langtang Valley Trek Review
I walked the Langtang Tamang heritage treks with Dara. What a fantastic experience – I wasn’t sure what to expect the walking was hard, to begin with, but with Dara setting the perfect peace! Soon started to really to enjoy the outstanding views of the Langtang Range. The Tamang heritage trail was the best walking. I have even experienced with the excellent and interesting homestay, hot springs view owed to Tibet. I will never forget to first owe in the opening sight of mountains eagles and sheer. The guide Dhana and the agency were excellent all highly recommended
Size of Trekking Group
For Langtang Valley Trek, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend 2 nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu. While on trek, we will spend 6 nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 290 US. But some places in this region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Langtang Valley Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.