Every individual excluding Chinese and Tibetan citizens should have Tibet VISA (Tibet permit) in order to enter Tibet. Tibet VISA is issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Tibet VISA is also known as Tibet invitation Letter. Tourists/visitors/foreigners cannot apply themselves for Tibet VISA, which means only authorized travel companies and agencies can apply for Tibet VISA of the individuals who want to visit Tibet. TTB accept the applications submitted by the tourism companies only. Another important thing to be remembered is that you are not allowed to enter Tibet with the help of a Chinese VISA only, both Tibet VISA and Chinese VISA are essential.
Ways to Apply for Tibet VISA
For the VISA / Permit, you will have to apply to the Chinese Embassy and wait for some days. It will take about 2 to 3 days to have your permit ready. To have safe and sound permit application receivable and approval, it is suggested to apply before 15 days.
- On the off chance that you enter Tibet by means of Mainland China, for example, Beijing, Chengdu, Xian, Xinding, Amdo or some other city of China you need to take singular Chinese VISA in your own nation.
- In the event that you enter Tibet through Nepal, at that point, your Chinese visa handling will be done in Kathmandu. Your nearby visit administrator will organize a gathering paper visa for you based on Tibet Travel Permit.
Requirements for Tibet VISA
- Color scan of a valid passport
- Color scan of a valid Chinese VISA (original Chinese VISA will also be required for a full 3 days for processing)
- Name and detail of city of China from where you will enter Tibet
- The job that you do in your native country
- Itinerary detailing about the places you wish to visit in Tibet (Itinerary will be specified by the Travel Agency)
- Sending a deposit of permit cost
Notes for Tibet Visa
- VISA application will be accepted in the weekdays (Monday to Friday); hence the application will not be received and accepted in weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Journalists, Diplomats’ Passport holders, government officials, and professional photographers do not have to apply for VISA via travel agencies. Their VISA can directly be operated and arranged by the government of Foreign Affairs. So, pre-notice about these delegates should be provided earlier for applying for the permit.
Places Where Tibet VISA are Checked
- Train stations
- Gyirong Port (while entering Tibet from Kathmandu by overland)
- Lhasa (while entering Tibet by Train or plane)
- Tuotuohe (while entering Tibet from Amdo by overland)
- All hotels in Tibet
- Visiting places like Jokhang Temple, Mount Everest, Mount Kailash, Pothana Palace, and so on.
Tibet Permit and VISA Cost
According to the Tibet Travel Bureau (TTB), the permit and VISA cost differs for the individuals of different nationalities. Some of the countries’ nationalities and the costs are mentioned below:
||Times of Entry
||Extreme Urgent (USD)
Also, the Tibetan VISA assistance service will cost USD 30 per person. For more information and further detailing, you can directly contact us at our contact number (direct cell), social media or the email.
- Phone number: +977 9851017030 for Nepal and +12103909390 for US/Canada
- Viber/ WhatsApp/ weChat: +977 9851017030 for Nepal and +12103909390 for US/Canada
- We are available 24/7 for your queries’ answering and other any kinds of services.