Private vehicle / By Air
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season April and September to November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- One who has limited time frame prefers Annapurna Circuit Express Trekking.
- Trekkers unanimously talk about the circuit for its scenic beauty of rivers, flora, fauna and mountains.
- You see at least eight peaks including world’s deepest gorge called Dana.
- The trek leads to famous Budddhist and Hindu holy sites, significantly Muktinath—a sacred site for both Hindus and Buddhists.
- The circuit inhabits more than ten different culturally rich ethnic groups that reside in different climate zones there.
Annapurna Circuit Express Trek is tailor made trekking. It is best suited for those trekkers who want to enjoy trekking in limited time frame. It is designed in such fashion that one can enjoy Annapurna Circuit Trek in small time frame. Annapurna Circuit Trek has its own distinct feature. Trekkers unanimously talk about the circuit for its scenic beauty of rivers, flora, fauna and mountains despite road construction in modern days have threatened this classic trekking site.The trail passes through Lamjung, Manang, Mustang and Kaski (Myagdi).
The trekking goes anti-clockwise from Besisahar to Nayapul and reaches to Thorong La Pass at an altitude of 5416 m. It passes series of mountains like, Manaslu which is more than 8000m. Similarly, it passes Langtang Himal, Annapurna II and IV, Annapurna III and Gangapurna, and Annapurna I and Dhaulagiri -- passing through the world's deepest gorge (Dana) in between those two 8,000+ meter peaks.
At the end of the trek, Poon Hill, offers scenic view of two mountains Annapurna and Machapuchare (Fishtail Mountain). The trek leads to famous Budddhist and Hindu holy sites, significantly Muktinath—a sacred site for both Hindus and Buddhists. The circuit inhabits more than ten different culturally rich ethnic groups that reside in different climate zones there.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 02:Preparation for trekking
- Day 03:Drive from Kathmandu to Jagat
- Day 04:Jagat to Dharapani
- Day 05:Dharapani to Chame
- Day 06:Chame to Upper Pisang
- Day 07:Upper Pisang to Manang
- Day 08:Manang: Acclimatization day
- Day 09:Manang to Yak Kharka/Ledar
- Day 10:Yak Kharka/Ledar to High Camp
- Day 11:High Camp to Muktinath and drive to Jomsom
- Day 12:Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara
- Day 13:Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 14:Final departure
- Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu As you arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), the representatives of Nepal Trek Adventure and Expedition welcomes you and route to the hotel which is already booked for you. In the evening, we organize welcome dinner in the hotel with our team.
- Day 02:Preparation for trekking On this day, you will be provided sufficient time for doing preparations for continuing our trek. You will meet trek leaders and other team members of the expedition.
- Day 03:Drive from Kathmandu to Jagat Early in the morning we drive for Jagat. While on journey of around 10 hours we will enjoy countryside Nepal, its greenery, rivers and hills. We will spend a night in Jagat.
- Day 04:Jagat to Dharapani We begin our trail after breakfast. We cross a bridge near Tal and enter in Manang district. En route we will enjoy rice, barley and potato fields. The mesmerizing view of waterfall will capture your heart. We cross Kodo village before reaching Dharapani. We spend our night at Dharapani.
- Day 05:Dharapani to Chame The route to Chame is very interesting and exciting. En route we will get the view of several mountains namely-- Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II, and Annapurna IV. We will spend some time at hot spring before halting a night at Chame.
- Day 06:Chame to Upper Pisang Today, our trail goes through a steep and narrow valley. Here, we get the first view of Paungda Dada. It is a curved rock face that rises 1500m from the river. It is a kind of its own view point from where we get memorable view of Annapurna ll at south and Pisang Peak at north-east. Finally, we descend to Manang Valley where we spend our night at Upper Pisang.
- Day 07:Upper Pisang to Manang We follow the route which goes through Geru. We choose this trail because it gives you an opportunity to view Mt. Annapurna, Pisang Peak, among others. Climate of Manang is cold and dry. In Manang we visit Barge Monnastery. It is a biggest monastery in Manang district. We spend our night at Manang.
- Day 08:Manang: Acclimatization day Today is a rest day. We rest in order to keep ourselves fit and to avoid altitude sickness. But, we will be busy doing short hiking to Bhojo Gumba or Gangapurna Lake. We will spend overnight in Manang.
- Day 09:Manang to Yak Kharka/Ledar Today, we cross a stream to reach Tenki village. Our trail continually moves ahead until we reach at the valley of Jarsang Khola (River) . From Jarsang Khola we move towards Ghunsa. On the way we will see pasture land of horses and yaks. Further, we cross a small wooden bridge near Mani wall to reach Yak Kharka. Ledar is an hour on away from Yak Kharka. In Ledar we will spend our night.
- Day 10:Yak Kharka/Ledar to High Camp From Ledar we move towards Thorang Phedi. It is a rewarding trip that gives view of Mt. Gundang, Mt. Syagang, Thorung Peak and Mt. Khatungkan. We halt at High Camp as it is an hour away from Thorang Phedi .
- Day 11:High Camp to Muktinath and drive to Jomsom Today, we cross Thorong La Pass. It is one of the highest passes of the world. To cross this pass we choose the safest and easiest way which is from east to west (Manang to Muktinath). For this, we wake up early in the morning at around 3:00 am. Reaching at the top will assure that your trip is really worthy. We will capture the moment in our camera and head towards Muktinath Valley. From here we drive to Jomsom where we will spend our night.
- Day 12:Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara We catch a flight to Pokhara from Jomsom. Pokhara is a city of lake where you can enjoy your leisure time roaming around lakeside. Or, if you want to fly Kathmandu then you will also get direct flight from Jomsom.
- Day 13:Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu Today, we will drive to Kathmandu from Pokhara. We will have some leisure time in Kathmandu. Today, NTA will organize farewell dinner for you.
- Day 14:Final departure Here ends your memorable journey to Nepal! Our staff will drop you at airport from where you will catch onward flight to your destination.
- Costs related to all airport and hotel transfers. Domestic flights and airport departure taxes.
- Conveyance: Pokhara to Kathmandu in Tourist Bus and all other transport such as Kathmandu to Khudi via Besishahar and all pickups and drops in private car
- All nights in local lodges/teahouses during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Three times meals during the trek
- Experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (on hire) and trekking map.
- All permits and necessary paper work (National park permit, TIMS )
- First aid kit.
- All taxes, be it local or government.
- Visa fee for Nepal (bring accurate USD cash and 2 passport size photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- All conservation area and cultural heritage site entrance fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from trekking than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- International or domestic flights
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Size of Trekking Group
For Annapurna Circuit Express Trek, there will be one leader and a Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend two nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu and one in Pokhara. While on trek, we will spend 10 nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 300 US. But some places in Annapurna region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Annapurna Circuit Express Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.