Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season March to May, September to November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- One of the beautiful trekking sites of the world
- Get wonderful views of mountains from one site
- Observe world's tenth highest mountain, Annapurna, from close distance
- Enjoy sunrise and sunset from Poon Hill
Trekking in Nepal is a wonderful event. Annapurna Sanctuary Trek, at the same time, is lifelong memorable event on foot. The culture of this region and scenic landscapes add some precious values in your trail. The view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri from Poon Hill will make you ask a question-- Why didn't you make this trip earlier?
The way to ABC is a joyous workout where you will enjoy waterfall, beautiful forests and several ups and downs. The warm welcome of Nepalese, their culture and tradition will surely please you throughout your life. Trekking in this part of the world is one of the best decisions of your life. The glimpse of beautiful white walls and blue sky give you an opportunity to discover your inner beauty, the ultimate silence.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 02:Preparation for trekking
- Day 03:Drive to Pokhara and trek to Ulleri
- Day 04:Ulleri to Ghorepani
- Day 05:Ghorepani - Poon Hill - Tadapani
- Day 06:Tadapani to Chomrung
- Day 07:Chomrung to Bamboo
- Day 08:Bamboo to Deurali
- Day 09:Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp
- Day 10:Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo
- Day 11:Bamboo to Jhinu Danda
- Day 12:Jhinu Dada to Pothana
- Day 13:Pothana to Phedi and drive to Pokhara
- Day 14:Drive to Kathmandu from Pokhara
- Day 15:Final departure
- Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu As you arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), the representatives of Nepal Trek Adventure and Expedition welcomes you and route to the hotel which is already booked for you. In the evening, we organize welcome dinner in the hotel with our team.
- Day 02:Preparation for trekking On this day, you will be provided sufficient time for doing preparations for continuing our trek. You will meet trek leaders and other team members of the expedition.
- Day 03:Drive to Pokhara and trek to Ulleri Early in the morning we fly to Pokhara. Here we will get opportunity to get acquainted with Himalayas and lakes. After taking rest for a while we will drive towards Nayapul from where our trekking will begin. Crossing Modi Khola (river) will take us to Tikhedhunga. Challenging route built up of boulders and stones we reach Ulleri where we will spend our night.
- Day 04:Ulleri to Ghorepani The Annapurna South (7,273m) and the Himchuli gradually unfold on this pleasant walk uphill through fields and pastures and later through rhododendrons and oak woods. Ghorepani was originally a horse watering post, which has evolved into an important crossroads for tourists and the numerous mule caravans on the Jomoson-Pokhara trip. Overnight in Ghorepani.
- Day 05:Ghorepani - Poon Hill - Tadapani Today, very early in the morning, we rise to hike the 1 hour climb to Poon Hill (3,195m). A brilliant spectacle, this vantage point provides an unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas. We spend around 40 minutes taking in the wonderful spectacle, before returning to Ghorepani for a well deserved breakfast. This is famous as "Ghorepani Poonhill Trek in Nepal". This place is the most popular for doing Annapurna Trekking in Nepal. From Ghorepani, we ascend along ridges and through pine and rhododendron forests to Deurali (2,960m), before descending to Banthanti. From here we take the turn off to Tadapani (2,540m).
- Day 06:Tadapani to Chomrung The day starts with steep downhill. Leaving Tadapani, we descend steeply through forests and then the trail eases as we reach village of Gurjung -home to the Gurung people. From here it is a relatively easy walk to Chomrung (2,020m), and the start of the Sanctuary valley.
- Day 07:Chomrung to Bamboo The descend trail of 2,500 stone steps and crossing of Chomorung Khola is very exciting. We have to make an uphill climb to reach Sinuwa. Further, we cross forest of Kuldighar to reach Bamboo where we will spend our night.
- Day 08:Bamboo to Deurali Bamboo to Deurali is a steady cold walk through bamboo forests. The forest ends at Himalaya Hotel where we are exposed to sun again. Here we get view of glacial river below. We pass through dry forest to reach Hinku Cave. The view before reaching Deurali is very ecstatic. We spend night at Deurali.
- Day 09:Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp Today the trail climbs through the beautiful "hidden valley", and on past the Machhapuchre Base Camp (which isn’t really a base camp since climbing the mountain is not permitted). From here we rest before making the 2 hour trek to the Annapurna Base Camp at 4,130m. This is the Annapurna Sanctuary - so called because it is totally surrounded by mountains from all sides.
- Day 10:Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo We head back towards Bamboo from Annapurna Base Camp. It is a downhill trail and relatively easy. Overnight in Bamboo.
- Day 11:Bamboo to Jhinu Danda Today, first we make uphill trip to Kuldighar followed by descend trail to Chomrung. The trail further descends to Jhinu Danda. Here we rest for the night.
- Day 12:Jhinu Dada to Pothana Trail to Pothana from Jhinu Dada is amazing experience as the route has many things to offer for you, its landscapes, hills and mountains. We will spend a night in Pothana.
- Day 13:Pothana to Phedi and drive to Pokhara Today, we will walk towards Phedi. It is a nicce settlement on the lap of beautiful hill. We will rest for sometime in Phedi and drive to Pokhara. We will have some leisure time to lose ourselves in the beauty of Pokhara. Overnight stay in Pokhara.
- Day 14:Drive to Kathmandu from Pokhara Our trek is almost concluded as we leave Pokhara for Kathmandu. It takes around 5-6 hours to reach Kathmandu from Pokhara. On arriving capital, NTA will offer you farewell dinner.
- Day 15:Final departure Here ends your memorable journey to Nepal! Our staff will drop you at airport from where you will catch onward flight to your destination.
- Costs related to all airport and hotel transfers. Domestic flights and airport departure taxes
- All nights in local lodges/tea houses during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Three times meals during the trek
- Experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (on hire or purchase) and trekking map
- All permits and necessary paper work (National park permit, TIMS )
- First aid kit
- All taxes, be it local or government
- Visa fee for Nepal (bring accurate USD cash and 2 passport size photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- All conservation areas and cultural heritage sites entrance fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from trekking than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- International or domestic flights
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Size of Trekking Group
For Poon Hill Trek, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
While on trek, we will spend nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 250 US.
During this trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.