Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Best Season January to April and October and November
- Observe tradition, culture and history of Nepal
- Watch more than 500 years old wonderful architect of the country
- Observe more than 53 species of mammals
- Enjoy One-Horned rhino and Royal Bengal Tiger
- Single destination to watch more than 20 species of reptiles
The Bardiya National Park also spelled Bardia, is a protected area in Nepal that was established in 1988 as Royal Bardia National Park. Covering an area of 968 km2 (374 sq mi) it is the largest and most undisturbed national park in Nepal's Terai, adjoining the eastern bank of the Karnali River and bisected by the Babai River in the Bardiya District. Its northern limits are demarcated by the crest of the Siwalik Hills. The Nepalgunj-Surkhet highway partly forms the southern boundary, but seriously disrupts the protected area. Natural boundaries to human settlements are formed in the west by the Geruwa, a branch of the Karnali River, and in the southeast by the Babai River.
Together with the neighboring Banke National Park, the coherent protected area of 1,437 km2 (555 sq mi) represents the Tiger Conservation Unit (TCU) Bardia-Banke that extends over 2,231 km2 (861 sq mi) of alluvial grasslands and subtropical moist deciduous forests. It is a largest National Park of the country covering an area of 968 square KM in Mid-Western Region. The Park is a shelter for around 53 mammals including rhinoceros, wild elephant, Bengal tiger, swamp deer, and Gangetic dolphin. Apart from this, 23 species of reptile and amphibian are found in the Park as Karnali and Babai rivers border the area.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and Drive to Bardia National Park
- Day 02:Visit Bardia National Park and enjoy jungle walk
- Day 03:Enjoy Bardia National Park
- Day 04:Drive to Nepalgunj & Fly back Kathmandu
- Day 01:Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and Drive to Bardia National Park On the first day, we take flight for Nepalgunj from Kathmandu. Nepalgunj is in the western part of the country. Bardia National Park is 90 kilometers from Nepalgunj. We reach there within two hours from the airport. Upon arriving at a resort in Bardia National park, we will brief you about the activities that we will be engaged from next day. In the evening, we will explore Tharu village. They are considered as original inhabitants of this area.
- Day 02:Visit Bardia National Park and enjoy jungle walk After breakfast, we begin to explore jungle in a jeep. This National park inhabits 53 mammals including rhinoceros, wild elephant, Bengal tiger, swamp deer, and Gangetic dolphin. Apart from this, 23 species of reptile and amphibian are found in the Park as Karnali and Babai rivers borders the area. We also visit at crocodile breeding center and the Tharu Museum. There are also towers in the jungle from where you will shoot wild animals passing by. Experienced nature guide will help you to track wild life. Overnight
- Day 03:Enjoy Bardia National Park Today, we will completely enjoy Bardia National Park and relax. In order to watch birds, we will go to the jungle early in the morning. Today, we will sit at the back of the elephant and penetrate the jungle deep. We will have chance to see wild life like tiger and rhino.
- Day 04:Drive to Nepalgunj & Fly back Kathmandu After breakfast, today, we will drive back to Nepalgunj in order to catch flight for Kathmandu. Depending on the flight schedule, we can spend some time visiting nearby places. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, our staff will transfer you to the hotel. NTA will serve you farewell dinner today.
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- 3 nights accommodation in Bardia National Park
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- All meals during your staying at Bardia National Park
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj Domestic Flight
- All ground transportations as per your need and group size (airport pick up and drop off, etc.)
- English speaking, trained and well-experienced local tour guide
- Heritage Sites and National Park Entrance Fees
- All jungle activities in Bardia as mentioned in the itinerary
- Nepal Entry VISA Fee
- International Flight Ticket for Nepal and return back
- Meals in Kathmandu, and during flight and drive
- Excess baggage charges
- Personal expenses such as shopping, laundry, etc.
- Any charges for drinks (like tea, coffee, soft drinks, etc.) and alcoholic beverages
- Expenses for any addition to the itinerary (such as extra night meal and accommodation in National Park, extra time for safari, etc.)
- Travel insurance is necessary (with minimum worth 100.000.00 covering both medical and emergency evacuation)
- Tips and gratitude to guide and driver
We will be staying at a luxury hotel of your choice in Kathmandu. Here you will be staing for four nights. And, in Bardia you will spend three nights. Twin sharing basis is the criteria for accommodation. For single accommodation you need to pay additional $ 300 US.
Breakfasts will be served by your hotel during your stay in Kathmandu. Your stay in Bardia includes all meals—three times-- breakfast, lunch and dinner. Welcome and farewell dinners shall be served by NTA.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.