Private Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
Everest base camp tour in private helicopter flight is the best and easy option for travelers. It facilities the foreigners to complete the tour without depending on other travelers. Finding the group for flying together can be an exhausting job. Where you will have to send several inquiries to several helicopter operators in Nepal. Booking private helicopters for Everest base camp is much easier.
Everest private helicopter sightseeing tour is the most popular and world-class tour as the highest helicopter flying tour activity in the world. A helicopter flight to Everest gives you an unforgettable memory of the exciting adventure experience of mountain or Himalayas of Everest region. Mount private Everest Heli tour converts the dream of travelers into reality with the towering Himalayas view in front of eyes via helicopter. Panoramic views of Mount Everest and landing at Kalapathar is the main attraction of private Heli ride in Nepal.
Table of Contents
Early morning you will be picked up by our private transportation and drive to the domestic terminal. The private tour starts from Kathmandu airport with aerial views of Kathmandu valley. Flying over to Kathmandu valley, Bhaktapur city and Sindhupalchok offers the city view and local paddy field view from a helicopter.
On the right-hand side of the helicopter flight, you will see the tower of Kalinchowk Bhagwati temple, which is in the Dolakha district of Nepal. It is under the Gaurishankar conversation area project. With a view of Gaurishankar Himal and other mountains, your journey continues towards Lukla airport. Gaushankar Himal, based on the meridian of this mountain peak the Nepal standard time (GMT+05:45) is set.
With enjoyable and hundreds of mountain views, the helicopter flight reaches Lukla airport 45 minutes from Kathmandu. Stop for 20 minutes of defueling helicopter, and continuing the ride to Pheriche adds more excitement. Flying over Phakding village, Jorsalle, and Monzo villages give the opportunity to see the local settlements of the Sherpa people of the Himalayas. And then it will take around 15 minutes to reach Pheriche by helicopter.
Landing at Pheriche is to maintain the shuttles if you are flying 4 to 5 passengers in a private helicopter. If the private Heli ride to Everest is flying with less number maximum of up to 3 people altogether, then you will go direct to Kalapathar without landing at Pheriche village. The flight to Kala Patthar and landing there for 05 to 10 minutes provides a beautiful chance to see Mt. Everest and record the lifetime memory in your camera or phone. Then, enjoy the flight to the viewpoint of Hotel Everest view and enjoy breakfast at the hotel. From Hotel Everest View, observe the world-class scenery of the white Himalayas and green forest in the lower part of the valley.
Note: Our detailed itinerary includes 05 to 10 minutes of ground time at Kala Patthar. As this is a private tour and we are fully flexible for customization, you can increase the time for enjoyment as per your wish. However, landing time depends upon the current weather and climates. Follow the instructions of Pilots for safety reasons.
Attractions of Everest base camp private helicopter tour
- Private space in a helicopter with all window seats for a maximum of 3 people.
- You can exchange seats during the stop at Lukla airport or Kalapathar if you are 4 to 5 passengers flying together in a private helicopter.
- Foot stepping at the highest vantage point Kala Patthar at a very short period of time (around 4 to 5 hours in the morning)
- Enjoy the private helicopter tour to Mount Everest within a few hours a day.
- Experience of landing at the highest altitude of 5644.5 meters above sea level
- Top-class Helicopter tour experience at the best price guaranteed.
- Heartfelt breakfast at the Everest View Hotel (3880 meters)
- Aerial view of Khumbu Glacier with the world's highest peaks.
- Scenic helicopter flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2860 meters) and then to Everest Base Camp (5364 meters) or Kala Patthar (5644.5 meters)
- Encounter the impressive Buddhist and Tibetan culture and colorful customs of the people in the Himalayas.
Because of all these attractions throughout the trip, Kathmandu to Everest private helicopter tour is gaining popularity day by day. This rental helicopter flight tour to Everest dignifies the glory of conquering the base camp of the highest mountain, Mount Everest, or the highest viewpoint, Kalapathar landing at the best price, which will remain for a lifetime. Life ends but the glory remains!
Everest base camp helicopter tour overweighs all other common helicopter tour experiences from around the world with all these major charms. So, choose this trip with no doubt. Enjoy this adventurous helicopter tour with landing at a reasonable price. On Kathmandu to Everest base camp and back to Kathmandu itinerary basis, the helicopter will pick and drop you at Kathmandu airport, completing a whole circuit. The circuit goes from Kathmandu to Lukla, Pheriche, Kala Patthar, Hotel Everest View, and back to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Note: Kala Patthar is at the ultimate height of 5644.5 meters, so we do not suggest you spend more time at such a high altitude. Though you can enjoy the natural surroundings, fly to Hotel Everest View and continue the celebration.
The private cost of an Everest helicopter tour depends on the number of people traveling together. The price for a group of 1 to 3 people in a private helicopter with a total weight of 240kgs costs less. In the case where a group of 3 persons crosses the weight limit of 240 kilograms (above the height of 4000 meters), the double shuttle will be required. Ultimately, there will be a rise in price.
Private Everest base camp helicopter tour with 4 to 5 persons in a group, a double shuttle is required for which the price list is given below. Yet, you can have an Everest flyover helicopter tour without landing at any points, for which the price will be lesser than the ones anticipated below.
- 1 to 3 persons in a private helicopter with landing $3950 in total for a single shuttle
- 4 persons in a private helicopter with landing at Kalapathar $4250 in total for a double shuttle
- 5 people in a private helicopter with landing above base camp $4475 in total for a double shuttle
Kathmandu Everest private helicopter service is not only limited to the static itinerary. It means you can have helicopter pick-up points at any place in the Everest region. Thus, our private helicopter will pick you up, drop you at Kala Patthar and continue the trip. We are flexible for every scenario. The cost details for the Everest helicopter tour for private family and friends are as follows:
Himalayan helicopter private tour joining points
Join our private Himalayan helicopter tour from different places in the Everest region such as Lukla, Pheriche, Kala Patthar, Hotel Everest View, or from your desired places in the Everest mountain region. It is also a customized service that you can use to shorten your trekking days and time. Contact us, and book your trip with pick-up and drop-off points, and all the services that you want throughout the trip!
Lukla (2860 meters)
At first, the helicopter tour pauses at Lukla. Here, the helicopter is refueled and the flight goes upward to higher points. The helicopter pauses here for around 15 to 20 minutes. So, if you are in Lukla and are seeking aid in reaching Everest Base Camp or even a higher point, Kala Patthar, you can contact us. We will arrange the helicopter trip for you.
Likewise, if you have already completed the trekking, and still want to have a peregrine view of mountains and landscape, you can grab this golden opportunity of the helicopter trip. From here you can join our regular itinerary up to Everest base camp with landing at Kalapather, breakfast at HEV, and flying all the way to Kathmandu with our helicopter tour group. We also provide a private Helicopter tour to Everest base camp from Lukla and end at Lukla at a reasonable price throughout the day, if the weather remains beautiful.
Location of helipad: Lukla airport
Major attractions: Mountain peaks, Lukla airport, green forest with dotted flowers, above-the-cloud landscape, glaciers, brownish hills, souvenir shops, Sherpa cultural influences, and so on.
Pheriche (4371 meters)
Travelers who have marked their feet on Pheriche can fly over to the Everest Base Camp or Kala Patthar within 15 to 20 minutes via helicopter flight. It is suitable for those who have reached Pheriche and are not willing to walk more to the base camp. Also, it suits those who have trekked to Everest base camp and strolled back to Pheriche but still wishes to have a panoramic view from a helicopter. From Pheriche, the helicopter will pick you up, complete the helicopter tour and drop you back to Lukla or Kathmandu as per your demand at the best cost.
Here you can find optional itineraries (from/to) Pheriche (pick up drop services, Heli tour to EBC, Lukla to Pheriche, or Pheriche to Lukla/Kathmandu) as per as below.
- Helicopter flights from Pheriche
- Fly direct to Kathmandu by our Helicopter from Pheriche
- Pick up from Pheriche and drop at Lukla airport
- Pheriche to Hotel Everest View (HEV) drop
- Hotel Everest View to Pheriche by Helicopter
Location of helipad: Near Pheriche health post
Major Attractions: Mountain peaks like Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Tabuche, Thamserku, etc., yak herds, farmlands, brownish and snow-capped landscape, and so on.
Kalapatthar or above Gorekshep
The landing opportunity at Kala Patthar is the major highlight of a helicopter flight to Everest Base Camp. It is because Kala Patthar is the highest viewpoint in the world. And it offers the best view of Mount Everest and the mountains of Mahalangur ranges and the surrounding environment. If you wish to view the best panorama in the Everest region, this landing opportunity at Kala Patthar is the best choice for you. Remember that, if you are already in Kala Pathar or in Gorekshep and do not want to walk through the vast trekking hills, the helicopter can pick you up from Kalapatthar. And, takes you back to Lukla or Kathmandu as per request!
- Location of Helipad: Kalapatthar Helipad
- Major Attractions: Mountain peaks and ranges like Mount Everest, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Cholatse, etc., snowy landscape, greenery, unique Sherpa Cultures, Tibetan influences, and more.
Hotel Everest View - HEV (3880 meters)
The helicopter flight landing at Hotel Everest View in Syangboche is another golden moment for Everest visitors. It offers the moments to spend on the hotel situated at the altitude of 3880 meters above sea level. You can utilize your time in HEV with breakfast, chit chats with locals and guides, and photographic memories in your camera. Similarly, if you are already in Hotel Everest View, the helicopter can pick you up and drop you at a lower altitude request. It will save two more days of trekking to Lukla.
Location of Helipad: Syangboche Airport
Major Attractions: Hotel Everest View (hotel standing at the highest altitude of 3880 meters), ridges, Himalayan Tahr (wild goat) and yak grazing, greenish and yellowish forest, close-eye view of Mount Everest and other mountain ranges, delicious meals and drinks, and so on.
Packing list for private Everest base camp deluxe helicopter tour (clothes, gears)
Generally, the temperature of Base Camp (Kala Patthar) ranges from 7 degrees to -10 degrees celsius. Thus, it is necessary to keep yourself warm and composed. Here are the clothes that we suggest wearing or carrying during this helicopter trip to Everest.
- Waterproof and windproof trousers and down jacket
- Sun hats and scarfs (Nylon or silk: to keep away the sun and dust)
- Sunglasses (Goggles) to prevent 100% UV rays
- Sunscreen or high altitude glacier cream and lip balm to protect skin and lips respectively
- Water bottle
- Toilet items like paper, sanitizers, etc.
- Other necessary kinds of stuff like camera gear (memory card, extra batteries, etc.), sneakers, warm socks, gloves, and other daily use items
Private Everest base camp helicopter itinerary in detail
- Pick up from the hotel and drop off at Kathmandu airport.
- It will take around 25 to 30 minutes to reach the domestic airport from your Hotel.
- Check-in with your passport and boarding pass.
- Weight inspection at Kathmandu airport: (takes 15 to 20 minutes)
- The crew will place you in the helicopter. (10 minutes drive to Helipad)
- Fly to Lukla by helicopter. (takes 45 to 50 minutes)
- Helicopter landing at Lukla for refueling: The helicopter will stop at Lukla for around 15 to 20 minutes to refuel the helicopter.
- You can have first sight of Mount Everest and its surrounding at this point.
- Fly from Lukla to Pheriche: It will take around 10 to 12 minutes to reach Pheriche from Lukla.
- Enjoy the beautiful aerial view of Namche Bazaar and the world heritage site – Sagarmatha National Park!
- Pheriche shuttle: is required if the group size is 4 to 5 people. There will be 2 to 3 shuttles from Pheriche to EBC. It takes 30 minutes to complete the shuttle.
- Helicopter flight from Pheriche to Everest base camp. It will take around 15 to 20 minutes to reach Kala Patthar from Pheriche.
- Landing and Exploring Kalapatthar: The helicopter pauses at Kala Patthar for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Wait for the signal before getting off the Helicopter for pictures and videos at Kalapatthar viewpoint.
- Touch the snow and enjoy the footsteps at 5550 meters in height. A close-eye view of Mount Everest and surrounding peaks and ranges are complementary for your stopover at Kalapatthar.
- Flight from Kala Patthar to Hotel Everest View via Pheriche. It takes 20 to 30 minutes
- Stopover at Hotel Everest View with breakfast: The helicopter will land at Hotel Everest View for around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Enjoy the exotic breakfast at the highest hotel standing at an altitude of 3880 meters.
- Fly from Hotel Everest View to Lukla. (15 to 17 minutes)
- Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla.
- Upon arrival at Kathmandu, NTA’s representative will take you to your hotel in a private vehicle.
If you want to do more trips (any kind of trekking, helicopter tours, and one-day hikes), feel free to join us. We will manage your trip with the customized itineraries and services that you prefer, even at a short notice.