Private vehicle / By Air
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season February to May and October and November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- The trekking fosters team spirit and develops leadership quality in you.
- It is designed for the trekkers who have limited time frame.
- You will understand traditional Sherpa/Tibetan culture and their lifestyle.
- A single trek gives you views of many mountains namely, Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Cho Oyo, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cholaste, Mt. Tawache and others.
- Fascinating trekking route, surrounding mountains accompanied by rhododendron forests, terraced fields, meadows, pastureland and wilderness are additional rewards on your trip.
Mount Everest view short trek in Nepal is something more than the sum total of experiencing mountains from a close distance. The Everest mini trekking of 7 days starts from Kathmandu to Lukla after a 30-minute of flight and reaches maximum up to Tengboche Monastery including a German bakery shop. Nevertheless, it helps to understand the culture of Sherpas’ (mountain people) who have inhabited the region since the time of yore. You can explore the site and get acquainted with many Sherpas in the region. It is a trekking that combines natural beauty with the culture of the region. The fascinating beauty of Khumjung and memorable meetings with legendary Sherpa people will make the trip more meaningful. They are expert mountaineering people without who Everest expedition is almost impossible. Due to the genetic reason, Sherpa can easily adjust in such altitude.
Some of these adaptations include unique Hemoglobin and doubled nitric oxide production. Everest View Trek starts from Lukla - a 30-minute flight from Kathmandu. Landing at this tiny airstrip, the adventure really begins. During the trek, we spend several days passing through the homelands of the Sherpa people, their villages and Buddhist monasteries, with close up views of Mt. Everest and neighboring Ama Dablam, considered by many to be among the most beautiful mountains in Nepal. Much of Everest View Trek takes place at high altitude, and so we spend a few days at the beginning of the trek acclimatizing. Everest View Trek gives a chance to see the best view of Everest Region from Syngboche, where there is a luxurious hotel called Everest View Hotel. This place is famous for Everest View from distance and provides some local villages sightseeing in Mountain.
Best time to travel and Meals: The best months for this trip are Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November). This trip can also be done during winter but the health condition of everyone may not support the trip during winter. Meals are the basics for trekking as you need the energy to march towards the destination. The major and somehow best foods provided during this trip are toast or chapati, eggs, potatoes, porridge, fried Mars Bars, and tea or coffee for breakfast; and rice, lentil soup, curried potatoes with vegetables, greens and a papad for lunch. Light foods will be provided for dinner which will help maintain the balance in food and will not affect the health condition. The western meals like a burger, pizza, and oily foods, tobacco and alcohols should be avoided as far as possible.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Flight to Lukla - Trek to Phakding (2,610m)
- Day 02:Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,535m)
- Day 03:Acclimatisation day in Namche Bazaar
- Day 04:Namche Bazaar to Tengboche
- Day 05:Tengboche to Monjo (2,835m)
- Day 06:Monjo to Lukla
- Day 07:Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Day 01:Flight to Lukla - Trek to Phakding (2,610m) Wake up early to watch the sunrise spectacularly down the first rays of the sun, firing the peaks a light, red slowly lighting of the Himalaya's from Kanchenjunga and Everest in the far east of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri in the West. Then to the airport. The short flight (30 min) is awe-inspiring as we fly parallel to the Himalayan giants bordering Nepal and Tibetan China. Upon arrival in Lukla, we will be met by our local guides and porters. There will be time to explore the village whilst the Sherpa crew sort and load equipment. Once ready, we start a short trek descending on a wide trail northwest to the village of Choblung in the Dudh Kosi Valley. The valley contains beautiful pine and rhododendron forest. The walking is easy and we follow the river's course, passing through the village of Ghat. After 3 hours we reach the village of Phakding.
- Day 02:Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,535m) From Phakding we head up valley on a busy trail, with porters from the lower Solu district in the south carrying supplies to Namche, and Sherpa's with their half yak,half cow beasts "Zopkio" taking trekking and climbing expedition equipment to the higher valleys. We continue along beside the Dudh Kosi through beautiful alpine scenery - fragrant blue pine and fir forest, glimpsing spectacular views of Kusum Kangru (6,369m) and Thanserku (6,608m) along the way. Crossing the Dudh Kosi again to the western bank at Jorsale, we make our way to the entrance to the Sagamartha (Everest) National Park. Continuing upstream along the banks to the meeting of the Bhote Kosi and Dudh Kosi, it is here we begin our first sustained ascent to Namche Bazar after crossing the large suspension bridge. Walking at a slow pace, we have a fantastic photographic opportunities as the peaks of Everest (8,848m), Lhotse (8,511m), Nuptse (7,879m), Arna Dablam (6,856m) and Taweche (6,542m) come into view for the first time. Climbing again, the path takes us through pine trees to reach the village of Namche Bazar.
- Day 03:Acclimatisation day in Namche Bazaar Today is an all important full day to rest and acclimatise. Namche is famous for its local market,as each week Sherpa's from the surrounding villages come to buy food and to socialise. Any food not grown locally, such as rice, corn and some vegetables is brought in from the lowland villages, which can be up to a 6-10 day walk from Namche Bazar. Rising early, those who climb to the ridge above Namche will be rewarded with the stunning dawn and sunrise over the panorama of the Khumbu peaks. In the afternoon you can walk along the Thami Valley, or visit the National Park Headquarters to see the interesting displays of Sherpa lifestyle and culture, mountaineering in the park, flora and fauna.
- Day 04:Namche Bazaar to Tengboche On this day, we have breakfast in Namche Bazaar and start trekking towards Everest Base Camp. The view of the Himalayas like Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, and Kwangde are the views which are not to be missed. After the more uphill trek, through the seriously steep ground, we reach our destination, Tengboche. Tengboche is known as one of the most beautiful places in the Everest region. The view of Ama Dablam from here is legendary. We'll stop on the Tengboche monastery which is one of the largest, most famous and beautiful in Khumbu.
- Day 05:Tengboche to Monjo (2,835m) Following a similar trail through a forest of juniper, rhododendron. After lunch at Namche. Following a steep descent passing the Bhote Kosi, we cross the river and follow the bank to Jorsale, then on to Monjo.
- Day 06:Monjo to Lukla After breakfast we depart Monjo and continue our descent along the Dudh Kosi, before making a final ascent to reach the Lukla plateau. On arrival in Lukla we will have time to relax and celebrate the completion of our trek.
- Day 07:Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu In the morning we transfer to the small airfield for the return flight back to Kathmandu. We will transfer you to your hotel, arriving before lunch, and have the rest of the day at leisure.
- Free airport picks upon your arrival and a drop at the end of your trip
- Sagarmatha Conversation Area Project Permits
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management Systems)
- 2 Nights accomodation in Kathmandu.(3 star or Similar)
- Transportation by flight ( Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu) and all necessary ground transportation as per itinerary
- Trekking Map
- Complete free trekking information before going to trek
- Tasty and hygienic organic welfare dinner at the end of the tour in Kathmandu
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek
- All nights in local teahouses/lodges during trekking
- An experienced licensed holder guide and needed number of porters as per your group size
- Medical first aid kit box ( which is carried by your team)
- Foods, flight tickets, accommodations and local tax for guide & porters
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and all necessary trekking gears are available in a hire
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- International flight tickets and departure tax
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (tea, coffee, water, hot water, etc) and of bar bills (alcoholic beverages)
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in trekking
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, porters, and drivers
- Extra night accommodation or meals in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure and early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
A Trip of a Lifetime
Excellent is the only word to use! From the initial contact (via email) Binod and his team surpassed my expectations. He promised us the trip of a life time and that is what we got. In the past I have taken 'tailor made' tours that have been anything but!!! From the very first meeting Binod did everything within his power to make the trip run smoothly - whether it be regularly reviewing our plans and amending them to meet our needs, supplying us with a SIM card to make contact easy when we were touring, providing us with excellent, knowledgeable guides & drivers, changing money, being available 24/7 to answer questions - the list is endless. Nothing was too much trouble and any request was met with 'just give me a few minutes to see if that is possible' and Binod and his team always made it possible. We could only stay four days and Binod managed to plan a trip which gave us with everything on our wish list - the major sites in Kathmandu, white water rafting, flight over Everest, elephant safari, elephant bathing, jungle walk, kayaking and even some shopping...... We will visit again and we will use Binod and his team to give us our next adventure. I would recommend without any hesitation that anyone who is planning a trip to this beautiful country contact Binod. Thanks again Binod and hope to see you in October.
Feeling Special From Start To Finish
Binod and all his staff has treated me and my best friend a treatment like we are their relative--very warm and accommodating, starting the time that they waved their hands hello to welcome us in Kathmandu, from waving bye bye when we are about to go back to Colombia, giving in to all our wishes, treating us like queens from start to finish, sending us messages of good luck and asking us how our day of trekking has been. We never expected a package tour to be like this, we never felt so safe, it all felt like we were trekking along with our long-time friends! What is supposed to be only a best friend bucket list to travel outside country together, turned out to be a very unforgettable vacation with their sincerity, flexibility and warmth. We have so much to keep and tell even to our great great granddaughters. :) My first time trekking was a true success! Keep it up! inspire more and more nature lovers across the globe of the beauty of Nepal, and its true resource, their people-- including YOU guys. :)
Size of Trekking Group
For the Everest Mini Trail, there will be one leader and a Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if somebody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate Everest Mini Trail for a group of any size. But, a group of 10 is considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 10, NTA can arrange this too.
While on trek, we will spend nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for EBC Mini Trail will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 250 US. But some places in Everest region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Everest Mini Trail of 10 days, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.