Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 6 - 8 Hours
Best Season March, April and September to November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- You see at least 108 lakes varying from small to medium size in this trail.
- The site has mythological significance making it holy region for Hindus.
- You will enjoy four mountains in a single trip.
- You will visit several Tibetain Gombas.
Langtang National Park envelops freshwater oligotrophic lake called Gosaikunda in Rasuwa district of Nepal. The lake is source of Trisuli River. There are more than 108 lakes in this area varying from small to medium size. The Gosaikunda lake is a religious site of Hindus. As per Hindu mythology, Gosaikunda is a place where Lord Shiva and Gauri dwell. Many Hindu scriptures talk about the lake which is the other reason for its significance. Many pilgrims from India and Nepal flock to the site during Janaipurnima in the month of Shrawan as per Nepali calendar. It is believed that Lord Shiva dug the land by his Trisul (Trident) to form Gosaikunda.
According to the extract of the Hindu mythology, to produce elixir of eternal life god churned the primordial ocean. On the course of churning poison was also produced. To save the world from this poison Lord Shiva drank it but collected the poison in his throat. The reaction of the poison turned the throat into blue. To cool down his burning throat, Lord Shiva struck his trident into the land creating three springs which ultimately resulted in the formation of beautiful lakes. And, finally, Lord Shiva drank the water from the lake and gor rid of burning.
Gosaikunnda Trekking is a rugged trail with fascinating views of Himal Chuli (7,893 m), Manaslu (8,156 m) and Ganesh Himal (7,406 m) on the west. To the north there lies Langtang Lirung. Passing through Lauribinayak gives the first view of holy lakes. Among dozens of lakes, Saraswatikunda, Bhairabkunda, and Gosaikunda are the three main lakes.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Kathmandu to Dhunche, 7-8 hours drive by Local Bus
- Day 03:Dhunche to Sing Gompa
- Day 04:Sing Gompa to Lauribinayek
- Day 05:Trek to Gosaikunda and back to Lauribinayek
- Day 06:Lauribinayek to Dhunche
- Day 07:Drive to Kathmandu from Dhunche
- Day 08:Transfer to airport for departure from Nepal.
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu On your arrival, representative of NTA will receive you from Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer you to the hotel. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Kathmandu to Dhunche, 7-8 hours drive by Local Bus We depart from Kathmandu for Dhunche. It is around seven hours drive by bus accompanied by wonderful views of terrace field, green valley and magnificent scene of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Langtang and more. Overnight stay at a local guest house in Dhunche.
- Day 03:Dhunche to Sing Gompa It is five hours walk to Sing Gompa. After crossing the Trisuli River coming from the Gosaikunda Lake, the trail steeply goes up. It is a bit tough way to Chandanbari however; the walk is pleasant as we walk through green pine forest. A night rest in a local guest house at Sing Gompa.
- Day 04:Sing Gompa to Lauribinayek Today we start our trek with pleasant walk through the pine forest to Cholang paty. From here, trail leads uphill to Lauribinayek. Our stay is in Lauribinayek will be full of memories as it offers wide range of panorama starting from Annapurna to Langtang. It is three hours walk.
- Day 05:Trek to Gosaikunda and back to Lauribinayek Here we will enjoy the views of Himalayas in the morning. After breakfast, we will start our uphill trek of an hour and reach holy lake Gosaikunda. After exploring the surrounding, we will get back to Lauribinayek for the overnight.
- Day 06:Lauribinayek to Dhunche Today we start our trek, descending to Cholang party and again pleasant walk to Sing Gompa. From here it is easier to go all the down to Dhunche for overnight stay.
- Day 07:Drive to Kathmandu from Dhunche Today we take our breakfast early in the morning and take bus to Kathmandu. It is same way drive back with nice view of green valley, terrace field and picturesque mountains. Overnight stay at Hotel.
- Day 08:Transfer to airport for departure from Nepal. It is your final day in Nepal as the journey ends today. On this day you can dwell in city area and enjoy shopping as souvenir.
- Costs related to all airport and hotel transfers
- All nights in local lodges/teahouses during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Three times meals during the trek
- Experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (on hire ) and trekking map
- All permits and necessary paper work, TIMS
- First aid kit
- All taxes, be it local or government
- Visa fee for Nepal (bring accurate USD cash and 2 passport size photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- All conservation area and cultural heritage site entrance fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from trekking than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- International or domestic flights
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Size of Trekking Group
For Gosaikunda Trekking, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend 2 nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu. While on trek, we will spend 5 nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 290 US. But some places in this region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Gosaikunda Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.