Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season March, April and September to November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- Trekking in Langtang Valley is a beautiful experience as it is also called ‘The Valley of Glaciers Trek’.
- Langtang National Park protects the Valley which inhabits many animal species like, Himalayan black bear, Himalayann thar, Rhesus monkeys and, of course, Red Panda.
- The region resembles cross culture as the area borders Tibet.
Langtang Valley, nearest Himalayan region from Kathmandu is situated on north of the capital bordering Tibet. Trekking in Langtang Valley is a beautiful experience. It is also called The Valley of Glaciers Trek.The Valley offers wonderful views of mountains towering on either side, pine forests, swiftly flowing rivers and mountain streams, rugged rock and snow capped peaks. Langtang National Park protects the Valley. It also protects a number of peaks including Langtang Lirung (7246 m) and forests of the region. The park is habitat for many animal species like, Himalayan black bear, Himalayan thar, Rhesus monkeys and, of course, Red Panda. Some trekkers and locals had also reported that they had sighted Yeti in the region.
The majority of the people living in the Valley are Tamang who are Tibetan descent. Langtang was important trading route to Tibet in the past due to which the region shared cross-culture resembling Tibetan heritage even today. The unique Tamang culture makes the Langtang Valley Trek different from other trekking experiences. Rituals of Tamang, their culture, architect, costumes and local dances pour extra essence on the trail.
The trail to Langtang Valley begins from Dhunche, a major village of Langtang region. The course follows the farmland and goes through series of forests of rhododendron, bamboo, oaks and pines. Passing narrow gorge of Langtang River paves the way to large alpine grass land of Kyanjin Gompa where the glacier meets the meadow. Yaks grazing in the footsteps of Langtang Ri, Langtang Lirung, Dorjee Lakpa and many more mountains is fascinating for any trek lovers.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Drive to Syabrubesi from Kathmandu
- Day 03:Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel
- Day 04:Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley
- Day 05:Langtang Valley to Kyanjing Gompa
- Day 06:Kyanjing Gumba to Lama Hotel
- Day 07:Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi
- Day 08:Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 09:Fly to your destination
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu Arrival in Kathmandu and representative of NTA will take you to the hotel for your stay.
- Day 02:Drive to Syabrubesi from Kathmandu After an early morning breakfast you will be driven to Syabrubesi, approximately 7 hrs drive by bus will take us to Dhunche from where begins the majestic Langtang Trek. In the evening we prepare for our trek to Langtang.
- Day 03:Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel We reach Wangal after a trek of about an hour from Syabrubensi. From Wangal there is a steep climb to Khanjung village. From there, after half an hour climb a small village called Surka is reached. The climb is steep for an hour through thick forest and from there the trail continues straight but not steep. From here, after a gentle descend for nearly 3 hrs we reach Syarpagoan.
- Day 04:Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley From Syarpagoan, the trail leads to Ghoratabela in five hours. From there, again a short climb for half an hour will bring you to the place from where begins the Langtang valley. Overnight stay in Langtang Valley.
- Day 05:Langtang Valley to Kyanjing Gompa From the pass, after trekking for nearly 3 hrs, Langtang village (3,414m.) is reached. From Langtang there is a gentle ascent for 4 hrs to Kyanjing Gompa. Overnight in Kyangjing Gompa.
- Day 06:Kyanjing Gumba to Lama Hotel Trek back along the valley to Lama Hotel.
- Day 07:Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi Trek back to Syabrubesi (6 hrs) and overnight in tea house.
- Day 08:Drive to Kathmandu We drive back to Kathmandu (approximately 24 hours) by private bus / van.
- Day 09:Fly to your destination It is your last day in Nepal as you will pack your baggage for your destination country. Our staff will drop you at airport three hours before your schedule flight.
- Costs related to all airport and hotel transfers
- All nights in local lodges/teahouses during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Three times meals during the trek
- Experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (on hire) and trekking map
- All permits and necessary paper work, TIMS
- First aid kit
- All taxes, be it local or government
- Visa fee for Nepal (bring accurate USD cash and 2 passport size photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- All conservation area and cultural heritage site entrance fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from trekking than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- International or domestic flights
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Size of Trekking Group
For Langtang Valley Trek, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend 2 nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu. While on trek, we will spend 6 nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 290 US. But some places in this region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Langtang Valley Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.