Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season March, April and September to November
- You will lose at least 5-10 lbs
- Enjoy leisure life in limited time frame.
- You view more than 10 peaks of over 6,500 meters and few of over 7,000 meters are visible en route.
- Understand and observe life style of Nubri and Tsum who are the two main ethnic groups residing in the region. Among both groups, Tsum still gives the glimpse of their traditional culture, art and tradition which is a matter of study for many researchers.
- Observe monasteries, maniwalls, and prayer wheels in the area.
- Natural scenery, high glacier lakes, fascinating flora and fauna and majestic Himalayan ranges make the trail most do event of life.
- After trekking you will find a new individual in you who has a different leadership quality.
Manaslu is located in Gorkha district. Nepal Government gave trekking permit for Manaslu region in 1991. Manaslu Express Trekking follows the same ancient route of Budi Gandaki River which people used to walk for salt trading then. More than 10 peaks of over 6,500 meters and few of over 7,000 meters are visible en route. The trek route paves the way to many scattered villages of the region where resides different ethnic groups in social harmony. Landslides and land falls and encounter with yaks while passing the trail makes the Manaslu trekking more memorable.
Manaslu Express Trekking is tailored made trekking for those who wish to experience wonderful time in Himalayas but has limited time frame. En route to the trek, you see more than 10 peaks of over 6,500 meters and few of over 7,000 meters. This trek takes you closer to the mountains despite short time you have making it life time event.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Drive to Arughat from Kathmandu then trek to Soti Khola
- Day 02:Trek to Machha Khola
- Day 03:Machha Khola to Jagat
- Day 04:Jagat to Deng
- Day 05:Deng to Namrung
- Day 06:Namrung to Samagaun
- Day 07:Samagaun to Samdo
- Day 08:Samdo to Dharmashala
- Day 09:From Dharmashala to Bimtang
- Day 10:Bimtang to Dharapani
- Day 11:Back to Kathmandu from Dharapani by jeep or bus
- Day 01:Drive to Arughat from Kathmandu then trek to Soti Khola It takes around seven hours to reach Arughat from Kathmandu. The first part of the journey is smooth as we go through highway. But, from Gorkha the path is rough. We take some rest before beginning our trail from Arughat. We begin walking through lush valleys and rice paddy fields. We follow Budi Gandaki khola (River), climb over the Kyoropani, descent down to the junction of the Budi Gandaki and the Sundi khola. Enjoy a refreshing swim and camp overnight on this spot. Overnight in Soti Khola.
- Day 02:Trek to Machha Khola The trail narrows down leading through densely forested hillsides, adorned with some small stranded villages. Trek though steep valley sides passing Lapbesi village descending down to the riverbed and following the wide and sandy path towards Machha Khola (Fish Stream). We put on at nearby Maccha Khola organizing a camp for the night.
- Day 03:Machha Khola to Jagat Today, we cross Maccha Khola, and walk upstream towards Khola Bensi. Enjoy a bath in the hot spring there, and then move along the steep valley sides.
The trek goes though a forest path resting for a cup of tea at Doban, and then walks to Lauri, where we switch back to the right side of the river through suspension bridge. A little climb and the sight of Jagat’s field will welcome you for an overnight camp.
- Day 04:Jagat to Deng From Jagat we head towards Deng. It is around seven hours walk to Deng village which is made up of just about 4 houses. From Jagat, we descend towards the river through stone steps and then ascend up a terraced hillside Saguleri where we halt for some time to catch the exotic view of the Sringi Himal (7187m). Then, after a few more crossings over the river we ultimately climb up to Deng where we set camp for the night.
- Day 05:Deng to Namrung Initially, it is a flat path that we travel and after some time we begin uphill trail throughout the way to Namrung. We walk through forest. Views of Mt. Manaslu, green valley and ridges are fascinating at Namrung. It is a Buddhist village with monasteries, mani walls, chortens and prayer flags flapping in the sky. Overnight in Namrung.
- Day 06:Namrung to Samagaun We reach Lihi after some time of uphill walk through forest from Namrung. Before reaching Sama village we go through Sho, Lho and Shyala villages. View of Mt. Manaslu from Lho is perfect. It also has a great religious significance especially, Buddhism. Mountains such as Manaslu, Himal Chuli, Ganesh and many other surround us from all sides at Shyala village. We halt for a night at Samagaun.
- Day 07:Samagaun to Samdo We descend to Budhi Gandaki river to reach Manaslu Base Camp. We continue walking through birch and juniper forest before reaching at Kermo Kharka. Finally, we cross Budhi Gandaki river and ascend towards a large white Kani made by stone arch. We pass the Kani to reach at Samdo where we stay for night.
- Day 08:Samdo to Dharmashala At first, It is a downhill trek up to Budhi Gandaki river. After crossing the river the trail goes upward. We go through Larkya Bazaar and valley of Salka Khola. Here is a place called Dharmsala which is not exactly a lodge but easy place to stay for a night. This place is also called Larke Phedi.
- Day 09:From Dharmashala to Bimtang Today we walk towards north direction where the face of Larkya glacier offers us view of Larkya peak and Cho Danda as well. From here we begin ascend trail to reach Larkya La Pass. It is the highest point of our entire trek and is perfect place to admire beauty of Nepal with the spark of Cheo himal, Himlung Himal, Kangguru and massive Annapurna II (7,937m). The steep descend ahead leads us to Bhimthang. The trek is relatively longer today as we have to walk a bit more to reach Bimtang where we will spend a night.
- Day 10:Bimtang to Dharapani Today, our trail descends to Dudh Khola. We cross through pine and rhododendron forest to reach Dharapani where we put off for the night.
- Day 11:Back to Kathmandu from Dharapani by jeep or bus From Dharapani we catch jeep and drive to Besisahar. Again, from Besisahar we drive on the bank of Marsyagdi river to come Kathmandu. On arriving Kathmandu NTA will offer you farewell dinner.
- Free airport picks upon your arrival and a drop at the end of your trip
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management Systems)
- Manaslu Special Restricted Area Permit ( Which required minimum 2 people in the group)
- Manaslu Conversation Area Project ( MCAP Permit)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP Permit)
- All necessary ground transportation as per itinerary
- Trekking Map
- Complete free trekking information before going to trek
- Tasty and hygienic organic welfare dinner at the end of the tour in Kathmandu
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek
- All nights in local teahouses/lodges during trekking
- An experienced licensed holder guide and needed number of porters as per your group size
- Medical first aid kit box ( which is carried by your team)
- Foods, flight tickets, accommodations and local tax for guide & porters
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and all necessary trekking gears are available in a hire
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (tea, coffee, water, hot water, etc) and of bar bills (alcoholic beverages)
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in trekking
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, porters, and drivers
- Extra night accommodation or meals in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure and early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
I was travelling to Nepal with my friend had a plan for what to do and get the max out in theses time ,we came across few travel agents and all of them gave us price which was just way to high and did not seem very genuine, so we decided to just walk around the street and look for different travel agents and get an idea ,we came across Nepal Trek Adventures and we met with the manager, Binod came across very hospitable and professional ,we told our plan to him and the figure he gave us was way less than even what we expected. It was not all about the money but his very friendly nature was very welcoming, at very reasonable price,we had Manaslu Express trek. If anyone planning a visit to Nepal i would highly advice them to visit Nepal Trek Adventure & Expedition.
Size of Trekking Group
For Manaslu Trek Excluding Base Camp, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
While on trek, we will spend 9 nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 290 US. But some places in this region do not allow single accommodations.
During our Manaslu Trek Excluding Base Camp, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.