Per Day Walking 4 - 6 Hours
Best Season February to May and October to November
- You will lose 3-5 lbs
- It is one of the best destinations for sunrise view of Himalayas namely, Mt. Everest, Gaurishankar, Langtang, Dorje Lakpa and many more
- It also offers beautiful scenic view of Kathmandu Valley as the hill station lies above 2,000 m. sea level
- People travelling with short holiday in Nepal can do this "Day Trek in Kathmandu" with wonderful view of Mt. Everest and Sunrise View which is most important part of this trek.
- The hike gives you an idea of typical Nepali countryside life & their ethnic culture
Nagarkot Chisapani hiking, also known as Kathmandu valley rim trek or Nagarkot trek, is one of the most popular short and easy treks in Nepal around Kathmandu valley. It is a world class hill station (2000m above sea level) located in Bhaktapur district, 28 km north of Kathmandu. It is one of the best destinations for sunrise and sunset view and view of the Himalayas such as Mt. Everest, Gaurishankar, Langtang, Dorje Lakpa and many more. This trek starts from Kathmandu (Old Bus Park) to Sundarijal by drive taking the local bus. Our walk starts from Sundarijal and after 3 hours of walk, you will finally reach the final destination, Chisopani.
Here, you will be able to enjoy the divine beauty of nature being far away from day to day busy and disturbing life of the city. This trek also offers a golden opportunity to explore the charming culture and lifestyle of people around of Kathmandu valley. An interactive talk to the locales will change your perceptions about the people and their religion, culture, tradition, and lifestyle which will add the new dimension to your experience. It is most suited for those traveling with children or the whole family, and for those who don’t have enough time for longer treks to high hills and high mountains.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu City
- Day 03:Drive to Sundarijal, then hike to Chisopani
- Day 04:Hike to Nagarkot
- Day 05:Nargakot - Bhaktapur - Kathmandu
- Day 06:Back to your destination country
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu On your arrival, staff of NTA will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer you to the hotel. If you are not tired then you can roam around Thamel area.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu City We officially begin our tour from this day. Our guide will take you to the UNESCO World Heritage site in Kathmandu. You will visit Kathmandu Durbar Square where you will observe more than 500 years old Nepalese art and culture. Swayambhunath also known as Monkey Temple is a popular tourist destination that you will visit. Pashupatinath (Hindus’ greatest temple) is another place you will visit on this day. Bouddhanath, which is in walk in distance from Pashupatinath will be another spot of your visit. It is one of the largest stupas of South Asia.
- Day 03:Drive to Sundarijal, then hike to Chisopani Early in the morning, after having breakfast, we start our trip through drive by private transport or local bus. After approximate 40 minutes of drive, we finally reach Sundarijal, and from there we hike to Chisopani viewing the beautiful scene of waterfall, temple, dam and many more. Stay overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 04:Hike to Nagarkot Today our hike starts with the walk to Nagarkot viewing the dense rhododendron forest and the locales with their own cultures, traditions, religions and varying lifestyle. This naturally beautiful view is followed by other views of stunning panorama of the Langtang Ranges and Mt. Everest. The interaction with inhabitants about their life there and their existence will make certain mind setup which will help in knowing them effectively. Stay overnight at Nagarkot.
- Day 05:Nargakot - Bhaktapur - Kathmandu Today our trek starts after having breakfast. We trek down to Changunarayan temple and roam there, and then drive to Bhaktapur. We also have an hour for sightseeing around Bhaktapur Durbar Square before we drive back to Kathmandu. The photographers will take your photos and provide it to you, or simply you can take it by your own on your own consent. The beautiful ramble and photo session around Bhaktapur Durbar Square is followed by the drive to Kathmandu. Here, our trip concludes today as you pack your baggage to fly for your country. Our representatives will take you to the airport from where you will fly for your native country.
This is the standard itinerary provided to you by our company Nepal Trek Adventure, but if you want to change or modify the itinerary and do this trek on your own regard, then you can simply contact us and make us known so that we will be able to provide you the facilities on your demand, in our own Nepalese way.
- Day 06:Back to your destination country Our tour in Nepal ends today and our representative will drop you at the airport.
See you soon!!
- Costs related to all airport and hotel transfers.
- 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu (3 star or Similar).
- All nights in local lodges/teahouses during the trek
- Farewell dinners
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- Experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (on hire or purchase) and trekking map.
- All permits and necessary paper work (National park permit, TIMS )
- First aid kit.
- All taxes, be it local or government
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (tea, coffee, water, hot water, etc) and of bar bills (alcoholic beverages)
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in Hiking
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, and drivers
- Extra night accommodation or meals in Kathmandu because of early arrival.
"What is the cure for boredom? Adventure!!" From Never Cry Wolf. Gyan was easy to work with and Gyanendra was the best guide. In Nepal for business and I took my son for a short 3-day trek to Chisapani, Nagarkot and Bhaktapur. Did 35 miles in 3 days. Gyan even sent his 11-year old son to trek with us. We had a great time seeing the culture of the villages and the forested areas. Would recommend this company every time. Much less expensive than other companies, too. Only advice would be for Gyan to provide a more trip specific packing list. I was a bit unsure what to bring because the list he provided was for longer, higher elevation treks.
Size of Trekking Group
For Nagarkot Hike, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend three nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu. While on trek, we will spend two nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this hike will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 200 US.
During our Nagarkot Hike, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like, Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, breads and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same tea house or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of visit but regarding tour you will get the visa for 15 to three months.
For trekking you need to submit photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.