Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, and many more
- Going from one district to another will make you experience variation in climate, temperature, and weather along with varying vegetation
- Exotic flora and fauna
- View of waterfalls, ponds, lakes, and human settlements
- In some seasons, breeding view of animals can also be observed
- Night-roaming experiences along with some existing rites like sugarcane firing, worshipping the bonfire, and many more (if you visit the place during the time of Shivaratri)
- Heart-warming lakeside view in Pokhara
The Royal Trek is one of the shortest treks which is basically recommended for the beginners as well the experienced ones who are encircled by short time or restricted by time to trek longer. It follows a shrub-like path along the foothills of Annapurna, Machapuchre, Langtang mountain views and hillside rice terraces. The journey begins in the city of beautiful lakes(Pokhara) and passes through beautiful Gurung villages and finally ends at the wilderness of Chitwan National Park. This trek provides the opportunities for meaningful cultural experiences with the diverse groups of people and cultures that inhabit this region along the unbeatable landscape.
This package gained its name because Prince Charles trekked here. It is an easy short trek offering a good mountain views, ridge walking, forests, rice fields & different village types. The second part of the itinerary takes in Royal Chitwan National Park - home to 56 species of mammals including the one-horned rhinoceros, leopard, Bengal Tiger, sloth bear, wild elephant, striped hyena, Gangetic dolphin and wild bison. There is an estimated species of birds, 126 species of fishes, 590 species of butterflies, 47 species of reptiles and many more in the park. A recent study also points out that over a third of Nepal's total population is in Chitwan. See Nepal Jungle Safari for more information.
This itinerary also can be divided into two different part like 2-night 3-day jungle safari in Nepal and 5-day hiking in Nepal. So as per as your request, we will suit your itinerary. The Royal Trek gives you an idea of short trekking in Nepal and Chitwan Jungle Safari gives you an experience of Nepal Wildlife style.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Day 02:Trek from Pokhara to Kalikasthan
- Day 03:Trek from Kalikasthan to Syaglung
- Day 04:Trek from Syaglung to Chisapani
- Day 05:Trek from Chisapani to Pokhara
- Day 06:Transfer to Royal Chitwan National Park
- Day 07:Explore Royal Chitwan National Park
- Day 08:Drive from Royal Chitwan National Park to Kathmandu
- Day 01:Kathmandu to Pokhara Early morning, we start our journey with a drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by car or van or bus. The choice of vehicle depends upon you. It will take about 4 to 5-hour drive to reach there. You can view the pleasuring greenery, mountains, and villages on the right side of the road. Reaching Pokhara will offer other magnificent views of mountains like Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), five peaks of Annapurna range, and many more. After checking in and refreshing up, sauntering around the lakeside valley, enjoying activities like fishing, boating and swimming in the lakes (Taal in Nepali) and roaming around the city in the evening will be enjoyable and pleasant. Stay overnight in a hotel in Pokhara.
- Day 02:Trek from Pokhara to Kalikasthan Today, early in the morning, after having breakfast, we drive to Bijaypur Khola (river) to begin our walk for an hour via horizontal paddy fields and cross the river. After crossing the river, our actual march starts by ascending to Kalikasthan. The dinner will be provided in the middle of the trek. Reaching kalikasthan is followed by exploring the surrounding areas after having rest for some time. Stay overnight at local guesthouse.
- Day 03:Trek from Kalikasthan to Syaglung After having breakfast, we start our trial to Syaglung through the ridge of the mountain which offers very attractive views of Mount Annapurna and Lamjung Himal (mountain). This day, we explore rhododendron forests, many villages observing the people around along with their culture, tradition, religion, and way of living. Stay overnight in a local guesthouse.
- Day 04:Trek from Syaglung to Chisapani This area is covered with people of Gurung community. Walking through this Gurung village gives you great opportunity to view their local lifestyle, culture, tradition, dances, and religions. We move onward playing hide and seek with the rhododendron and Sal trees. After walking halfway, we come to the descent of 400m then again 600m ascent which will finally take us to our destination, Chisapani. This place is the best spot to see the Himalayan panorama of Dhaulagiri to the west of Annapurna. Stay overnight in a local guesthouse.
- Day 05:Trek from Chisapani to Pokhara Today, we walk halfway down the hill to reach Rupa Tal and again ascend towards Sundare Danda which is about 200m upward from the place where we start to ascend. Again we walk down for about 15 minutes to Begnas Tal where we enjoy boating for about an hour. After that, we return back to Pokhara and check in at the hotel. There you will have an option of either taking rest or be exploring the Lakeside area. Stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 06:Transfer to Royal Chitwan National Park Today in the morning after breakfast, we head towards Chitwan National Park from Pokhara. It is just 86km away from Pokhara and will take about 4 to 5 hours to reach there. You can have the choice of bus/private van or car as your mode of transportation. After arrival in the park, we will move towards the local hotel for some rest and refreshment which is followed by exploring around in short distance. After returning back, you will be offered Nepali food with some extra activities like dancing, singing and many more.
- Day 07:Explore Royal Chitwan National Park Today, we will move towards the lake and view the beautiful moment of fishes moving here and there. Fishing can also be done. You can explore the jungle area making the group as well. After having breakfast, we will move further for jungle safari enjoying beautiful flora and fauna, vegetation and diverse ecosystem as well. Then, we return back to the hotel and take rest. Arrangements of bonfire and barbecue will also be done along with some entertainment activities like singing, dancing, and many more. Stay overnight hotel.
- Day 08:Drive from Royal Chitwan National Park to Kathmandu The average distance between Royal Chitwan national park and Kathmandu is 158.4km. It will take about 6 hours to reach Kathmandu from the park by roadway via East-West Highway / AH2. After having breakfast, we will move to Kathmandu. Lunch will be served on the halfway in the local hotel. After reaching Kathmandu, you will be transferred to your respective hotel and with this, our memorial journey of the Royal Trek will conclude.
- Free airport picks upon your arrival and a drop at the end of your trip
- Trekkers information management system.(Tims Card)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit.(ACAP Permit)
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara. (Tourist Deluxe)
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Trekking Map
- Complete free trekking information before going to trek
- Tasty and hygienic organic welfare dinner at the end of the trek in Kathmandu
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek
- All nights in local teahouses/lodges during trekking
- An experienced licensed holder guide and needed number of porters as per your group size
- Medical first aid kit box ( which is carried by your team)
- Foods, accommodations and local tax for guide & porters
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (tea, coffee, water, hot water, etc) and of bar bills (alcoholic beverages)
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in trekking
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, porters, and drivers
- Extra night accommodation or meals in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure and early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Best time to visit
The best time to go for the Royal Trek is from October to March and from March to May. The temperature of the place remains balmy 25oC. During this time, you can observe various animals and birds closely. The skies will be clear which will add more satisfactory experience for the travelers. The view of mountains, lakes, rivers, the small waterfall, foggy morning, and overall ecosystem is also the major attraction during these seasons.
Things to carry during Royal Trek
- Valid passport, passport-sized photos (2 with the clear view of face and ear), airline tickets
- Credit cards, cash, ATM, and other monetary materials
- Rucksack bag and suitcase
- Shade hats or caps
- Light thermal tops
- Sports bras for women (synthetic, no cotton) and extra underwears for all (no cotton)
- Hiking shorts
- Cotton socks
- Toiletry kit
- Pocket knife
- Water purifier iodine tablets or polar-pure crystals
- Binoculars (optional)
- Lightweight pillow
- Travel games, books, iPod (optional)
- Trail map and guidebook
Royal Trek Itinerary
This is the fresh itinerary designed for the convenience of travelers. The itinerary can be changed or modified as per your demand. It can be split into two parts, one is 2-3 days Jungle safari and another is 5 days short hiking which can be done as per your wish.