Lodge + Camping
Trip Style Tea house trek
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Group Size: Minimum 2 or More
- 2 Nights in Tents (Camping)
- Stunning blue watered Tilicho Lake
- Gangapurna, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Khangsar, Muktinath peak, Pisang peak, Nilgiri; and different lightened Himalayas of height above 5,415 meter
- Kali Gandaki Gorge, the deepest gorge in the world
- Local and ethnic Tibetan Buddhist people and their culture
- The rough, wild but amazing beauty of Jomsom and Manang
- Charming flight from Jomsom to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu
Tilicho Lake Short Trek is known for the world's most noteworthy lake visit, situated in Manang District of Annapurna region of Nepal. Tilicho Lake resides at an elevation of 4,919 meters. Among the diverse trek to Annapurna areas, Tilicho Lake Short trek is likewise popular for its religious perspective. The huge number of Hindu pioneers from around the globe visit this lake. This short trek to Tilicho is without a doubt giving some glorious all-encompassing perspective, an incredible assortment of culture and decent variety, best profound valleys and high mountains surrounding the enormous Annapurna Himal (Mountain). The spot is rich with the wide scope of individuals and territory, sub-tropical to the high, dry scene looking like the Tibetan Plateau. Tilicho Lake Trek trail drives you to the fine town possessed by a wide assorted variety of individuals from various ethnic gatherings.
Amid Tilicho Lake Short Trek, you will get the chance to visit and examine temple and water gushes in Muktinath if you find the way via Muktinath. The spot is religiously vital to Buddhist and Hindus similarly. You will encounter the sudden change in the atmosphere as you make to Manang, with increasingly dry and cold atmosphere welcoming you. This is the ideal trekking bundle for each one of those trekkers who need to encounter by strolling moderately in this underestimated region. And also for those who are looking for forwarding some experience, pure culture, new atmosphere and vegetation, radiant perspectives on Annapurna extend, and the magnificence of peaceful lake (Tilicho Lake), and so on. Every day we will see the dissimilar landscapes as the trail starts from subtropical weather and end at the snow line. For the lovers of nature, it is a brilliant and genuine chance to see a lake at this altitude and also it is well-known for the religious point of view.
Tilicho Lake Short Trek with Nepal Trek Adventure and Expedition can be your best choice to travel your dream place filled with a lake, forest, dry landscape, and other natural attractions. We provide you with best of everything (every sort of stuff needed for Tilicho Lake Trek) personally and professionally. You will be able to choose the trek itinerary of your own choice at the best and negotiable cost. You can amend the itinerary as per your choice. Also, you will be able to appoint guides and porters who will assist you in all best, average and worst-case scenarios. We give surety you that we will fill your wonderful trek to Tilicho Lake with a lot more pride and self-satisfaction. Take pleasure of this Tilicho Lake Trek with Nepal Trek Adventure (NTA) at your own suppleness.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Drive from Kathmandu to Chamje (8 to 9 hours)
- Day 02:Drive about 3 hours till Chame and trek to Pisang
- Day 03:Pisang to Manang (7-hour walk)
- Day 04:Acclimatization Day at Manang
- Day 05:Trek to Khangsar
- Day 06:Trek to Tilicho Base Camp & to Tilicho Lake (Camping)
- Day 07:Trek to Yak Kharka via Mesokanta La Pass (Camping)
- Day 08:Trek to Jomsom
- Day 09:Fly to Pokhara & Flight or Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 01:Drive from Kathmandu to Chamje (8 to 9 hours) We will leave for Chamje after having breakfast. On the way, you can have the beautiful views of waterfalls making sounds as it strikes with stones from the window of your transportation. After that, we will cross Marsyangdi River by an airy suspension bridge and then following the same river up to Jagat. After we reach Jagat, we will have to climb up to Chame. Stay overnight at guesthouse inclusive BLD.
Altitude: 1,410 meters
Driving Time: 4 hours
- Day 02:Drive about 3 hours till Chame and trek to Pisang We will drive from Chamje to Chame and after reaching Chame than we will start our trekking towards Pisang. We start our trekking With Lamjung Himal (6893m) stunning in the morning sun. The mountain disappears as we go up the path to the valley, passing a vast apple orchard. We continue through a fir and pine forest, climbing to a high, stony area as the opposite bank becomes a blocked cliff. From this point the valley becomes extremely steep-sided as we chase the path to Bhratang (2950m.) then a short climb from the village brings us to a rocky area where we cross a wooden bridge and follow a high, winding path, before crossing back to the right bank again. We now trek through a pine forest and as the forest ends, the valley changes from a V-shape to a gentle U-shape, opening up a wonderful vista, we come to a long Mani wall by a bridge and the lower village of Pisang. We will stay overnight at Lodge in Pisang.
Altitude: 3,300 meters
Driving Time: 4 to 5 hours
Walking Time: 5 to 6 hours
- Day 03:Pisang to Manang (7-hour walk) At morning after having our breakfast, we start our trekking with climbs to the steep ridge which affords good views of the Manang valley and Tilicho peak (7145m.) It's around 6-7 hours will take to reach Manang. The high trail enters pine sections to uncover perspectives on the little turquoise lake. The trail completes a dogleg through the beguiling town, going with perspectives on painted Mandalas and mythical serpent mouth gushes. Climb through the fields of nibbling yak and a wide variety of harvests. The pathway climbs a shaky border-right half of the Marsyangdi River to get Ngawal (3660m) however it is one of the extremely extraordinary review purposes of the entire Annapurna point and the Marsyangdi stream valley see. Just beyond this point, we cross the significantly reduced flow of the Marsyangdi Khola via a wooden bridge to the tiny village of Mungji. In transit, we pass pine timberlands, towns, for example, Braga and cultivating porches. The enormous Tibetan conclusion Manang gives great perspectives on Annapurna II/III/IV Trekking. We will stay there overnight.
Altitude: 3,519 meters
Walking Time: 7 to 8 hours
- Day 04:Acclimatization Day at Manang Today, we hang around town. This is an important rest and acclimatization day before another trekking day. There are optional day walks such as crossing the river to see the marvelous icefall coming down from the Annapurna's, or climbing high above the village for a full panorama of the Annapurna range and the Manang Valley. There is also a Himalayan Rescue Association [HRA] aid post in the village which makes an interesting and educational visit. Moreover, you can visit Gangapurna Glacier Lake to make your rest day a memorable one, overnight stay in Manang.
Altitude: 3,519 meters
- Day 05:Trek to Khangsar Today after getting ready and having our morning breakfast we will head towards the Khangsar. It is the last town after Manang. Khangsar is a meeting of customary stone structures surrounding a generous town square. Close to the highest point of the town is a little Sakyapa school religious community. This town is on the way to Tilicho Lake (the world's most elevated lake). It is a perfect old town. While passing the Khangsar River, and the divider, you will reach the Khangsar Village. It is a short journey. You will stay overnight at Khangsar Village and have delicious local food.
Altitude: 3,760 meters
Walking Time: 4 hours
- Day 06:Trek to Tilicho Base Camp & to Tilicho Lake (Camping) We will continue from the western pass on a huge pathway, passing a Gompa (monastery). The route ahead goes on a newly constructed path up towards a high point. At one point is an intersection. One path maintains the elevation, traversing the slopes towards a place where the valley is narrow; the other continues to ascend towards the line of the ridge. The former is the old trail and is much more difficult as it goes on really vertical screed; the latter is the new path that goes a completely different way. Continue along the new trail, reach a high peak, and descend on switchbacks carved out through the screed slopes to a side valley of the main valley. At its bottom is a brook. On the other side of it is a building known as the Tilicho Base Camp at an elevation of 4,200m. After that, on the same day, we will climb for Tilicho Lake. The trail takes you through icy moraine offering the perspectives of Mt. Nilgiri, Tilicho, Muktinath, and Khangsar Peaks. When you reach near the lake, you will take nothing in excess of a couple of more minutes to scoff up the perspective on such admirable lake. Since more often than not the lake stays frozen, it is as well named the ‘Frozen Lake’. You can click lots of pictures with the view around you. Succeeding to spending some time here, you will return back to the Tilicho Base Camp full with the memories you simply made out there in Tilicho Lake.
Altitude: 4,200 meters (Tilicho Base Camp) and 4,919 meters (Tilicho Lake)
Walking Time: 4 to 6 hours (Khangsar to Tilicho Base Camp) and 5 to 6 hours (Tilicho Base Camp to Tilicho Lake)
- Day 07:Trek to Yak Kharka via Mesokanta La Pass (Camping) After trekking and staying in a beautiful Tilicho Lake we will start our journey to return back with lots of memories with us. After having our morning breakfast we will start our day and Today is little bit tough day of this adventure, starting early morning to cross two high passes, heading up the high slope traversing high Tilicho pass then with short descend to the base of Mesokanta La pass, with short rest then climb the last pass of this adventure over Mesokanta-la at 5,099 meters, the top festooned with Buddhist prayer flags, here with mind-blowing scenery of surrounding high peaks. The path continues to climb out of the Marsyangdi Valley. The path follows this valley north, passing a Goths as it steadily gains altitude. You have left the huge trees below; the vegetation now consists of scrub juniper and alpine grasses. This will lead you around and down to cross the river on an old log bridge between Gunsang and Yak Kharka. It’s fun to see large yaks grazing at Yak Kharka. The view of Annapurna III is excellent. We will stay overnight in Yak Kharka.
Altitude: 4,035 meters
Walking Time: 5 hours
- Day 08:Trek to Jomsom Getting reading and having our breakfast we will start the journey towards Jomsom and today is the last day of our trek on these magnificent mountains, we will move through the trail of Kagbeni or Lupra to reach Jomsom. This day we will trek along Kali Gandaki River to reach Jomsom. Jomsom is a strong windy small town in a cold valley. You can get startling memorable views of Tilicho Mountain and beautiful wet hills. Overnight stay in Jomsom and you can try their local food and drinks as well.
Altitude: 2,760 meters
Walking Time: 6 hours
- Day 09:Fly to Pokhara & Flight or Drive to Kathmandu After getting up early in the morning and having our breakfast, we will head towards Jomsom Airport to take a flight for Pokhara. It will take some 25 to 30 min to reach Pokhara from Jomsom by flight and you can see the beauty of this beautiful lake city by plane. After reaching Pokhara you can extend your staying in this beautiful city. If want to go direct to Kathmandu, then you can take another connecting flight to reach Kathmandu or choose a drive option by private car and bus same day. It will also take some 20 to 25 min to reach the Capital City, Kathmandu from Pokhara by flight and 6,7 hours by drive. Stay overnight at Kathmandu.
Altitude: 1,400 meters
Flight Distance: 20 minutes (Jomsom to Pokhara) and 25 minutes (Pokhara to Kathmandu)
At the End:
Our representative will drop you to the International Airport and make sure you will have a safe flight to your home.
- All road transportation during the trip
- Domestic flights (Jomsom to Pokhara)
- Experienced, English-speaking and licensed guide and porter
- Night accommodation in lodges or tea houses during the trek
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Medical kit (which will be carried by the team)
- Food, accommodation and local tax for guide, porter, driver, etc.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- Farewell Nepali dinner in Kathmandu
- Complete trekking information and counseling before the trek
- All necessary paper works and official service charges
- Down jackets, sleeping bag, and other trekking gears (in hire)
- Domestic flights (Pokhara to Kathmandu)
- Life and travel insurance
- Nepal Entry VISA Fee
- International flight tickets (to and from Nepal)
- Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery charges, etc. amid the trek
- Extra night food and accommodation because of any kind of situations (extra staying on any places that are not mentioned in the trek itinerary)
- Hot drinks, soft drinks, and alcoholic beverages
- Medical and Emergency Evacuation
- Personal expenses like shopping, telephone calls, and laundry
- Tips and gratitude for guides, porters and drivers
Amazing organization of Tilicho Lake Short Trek by NTA
I and my friends are so much happy with this wonderful trek which is just finished a few days ago. We have collected so many memories which will be with us forever in a lifetime. The place just makes me feel I am in heaven. The view in front of me is so amazing that I was just speechless at that time. Personally, I will like to thank Mr. Binod for the great services he arranges for me and my friends. And very friendly and nice guide Mr. Krishna to give us very good company throughout the trek. They make sure that we enjoy our trek and feel good for the whole journey. My friends are so much shock after looking the seen in front of their eyes. They are just behaving like small happy kids. This is one of the best treks till now in my life and all thanks go to Nepal Trek Adventure & Expiation We will surely tell and suggested everyone go in this traveling company.
Lifetime experience of Tilicho Lake Trek:
I and my some mates went for Tilicho Lake Trek last month. We were a total of 8 people in total. We booked the trips via our friend, with the trekking company named Nepal Trek Adventure and Expedition (NTA). The company arranged everything for us, i.e. the facilities like lodges/hotels, food, trekking gears and many more. We were assigned a guide named Shiva. He was a good person. He detailed us about the mountains, lakes, cascades, hot water springs, temples, gompas, and monasteries. We clicked a lot of photos in the place. One night we lived in a local house. The owners let us stay in the place and enjoy the moment. This trek was one of the lifetime opportunity to get lost in such an amazing Himalayan territory. Thank you Nepal Trek Adventure and Expedition (NTA) for organizing and managing such a splendid trip in Nepal.
The remarkable experience of Tilicho Lake Short Trek
I always wanted to do a trek in the lake dentations. And I was so confused about how to go and start the trek and then Nepal Trek Adventure & Expedition helped me and cleared all my confusion very easily. They made my dream trek come true in reality. The route of this Tilicho Lake Trek is so exciting, but it is a little bit hard too. I went on this trek with my boyfriend on our summer holiday. We spent lots of time together making so many memories and all of it becomes possible by the help of Mr. Binod (the owner of this wonderful trekking agency, Nepal Trek Adventure, and Expedition). He provided us with the best of everything and sent us in this trek with Mr. Rajendra. He was our guide for this trek. He was really friendly and a very nice person. We enjoyed his company throughout the trek. I and My boyfriend were just shocked after seeing the amazing view of Tilicho and everything that came in front of us. We just loved this trek and enjoyed fully. We will surely recommend Nepal Trek Adventure & Expedition to everyone because they help you as a family.
Best Time to Visit Tilicho Lake
March-May: Dry and dusty weather but the sights of the surrounding is very clear and transparent
September-November: Dry, but there is the chance of a few amounts of rain (very few, as it lies in the rain-shadowed area of Nepal). The sky is clear, the environment is serene and the views are the most unique and gorgeous.
Accommodation During Tilicho Lake Short Trek
The first day we will make your stay at Kathmandu in the hotel as you demand. And in on the trek, you will stay at the tea house or in the loges, hotel as you wish and you also can stay in camp, tent if you wish. Accommodation will be comfortable and nice. All accommodations for this trek will be on a twin sharing base. Still, on request, single rooms can also be made obtainable but it costs additional to the trekkers.
Meal During Tilicho Lake Short Trek
The food during the trek cannot be determined but the foods available in lodges and hotels will be far adequate for trekkers to enjoy Nepali culture food (Dal Bhat Tarkari) and fill the empty stomach. Noodles and biscuits are also optional to carry in case of urgent and hunger strike in the places where hotels are not available. You also can try maize Dhido, Millet Dhido, and Bitter Buckwheat roti as well.
Safety Measures During Tilicho Lake Short Trek
Height illness will start from 3000-meter stature. Trekkers should instantly inform trekking guide if faced some troubles. Trekker should take their personal medicines if in case you will need them in the way.
Freedom of Panorama in Tilicho
In this trek, you can take as much as pictures’ you want. Captures the beauty of the ways, the views, the beautiful villages and finally the main point of the trek, Tilicho Lake.