Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Meals Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Trek is done through the attractive Rhododendron forest just below Annapurna Region.
- The area is highly influenced by people of Gurung community and you will be able to explore diverse culture, religion, and tradition all around the area.
- This trek gives the magnificent view of mountains like Annapurna, Himchuli, and Machhapuchhre
Ghandruk Village Trek is the short trek that furnishes the better introduction to trekking providing the majestic view of the most beautiful and sacred mountains Fishtail and Annapurna (south). It is second largest villages of Nepal, which takes 3 days to 5 days trek from Pokhara or Kathmandu including the drive. It also offers the lifetime opportunity to discern the beautiful and ostentatious village of Ghandruk, with an insight into mountain life, cultures and traditions. Ghandruk, typically known as the model village of Nepal, is a Gurung village that lies in Kaski district in Western Development Region. It lies at the altitude of 1939m, below Annapurna mountain range.
Ghandruk village is famous among Nepalese as well as the international tourists not because it is below the Annapurna Conservation Area, but also because it has plenty of natural beauty and its people, housing style, culture, and tradition. The views of mountains in the south like Himchuli and Machhapuchhre makes it a purely natural setting. It is also a route for Annapurna round trek, Jomsom and Mustang trek. Tourists are seen throughout the year in Ghandruk. The village is full of biodiversity. According to the survey, it is found that there are:
- Plants 12,000
- Mammals 101
- Birds 474
- Orchids 100
So, it is also known as the open study area for the students. It is also stated that there are 87 hotels & lodges having 1032 bedrooms in Ghandruk. The number of hotels and lodges proves Ghandruk as a major tourist destination. Away from the motor road & at the close of the majestic Himalayan peaks, village settlement of Ghandruk presents unforgettable charm to tourists as there is a serene environment.
Settlements of the village are located below the upper altitudinal limits of the arable agricultural land. The houses are two storied and linked to each other as in Kathmandu. Previously, all the people used to live with their whole family but nowadays the trend of joining British and Indian army has reached the peak so the young and energetic youths are flying away from home and family to get involved in Regime to
earn good and gratified living.
The inhabitants’ unique dressing pattern and customs are also the major attractions of the place. Rodhi, Ghatu & Krishna Charitra are some of the cultural activities -performed in Ghandruk area. Ghandruk is the trek that can be done throughout the year by any trekkers no matter what their age, interest and fitness level are. It is one of the easiest one which can be done with kids and elderly too. So, come and join Nepal Trek Adventure for being part of this pleasing and comfortable short trek to make your holidays beautiful in Nepal.
Outline Day to Day Itinerary:
- Day 01:Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (1,430m/4,691ft)
- Day 02:Pokhara to Nayapul by Drive (1070m) and Trek towards Ghandruk (1,940m/6,364ft)
- Day 03:Explore Ghandruk Village with Local Culture
- Day 04:Ghandruk to Nayapul and Drive to Pokhara
- Day 05:Drive Back to Kathmandu
- Day 01:Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (1,430m/4,691ft) Early in the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel by our guides and staffs for journey to Pokhara. After 6 hours of drive, you will finally reach there and your check-ins will be managed. After your refreshment and lunch, you will be taken out for roaming around Pokhara lakeside area which gives the panoramic view of Annapurna in the south, Machhapuchhre in the north, Dhaulagiri in the west, Lamjung Himal and Manaslu in the east. Stay overnight at Pokhara.
- Day 02:Pokhara to Nayapul by Drive (1070m) and Trek towards Ghandruk (1,940m/6,364ft) After having breakfast in Pokhara, we head towards Nayapul by private transportation which will take approximately 1 hour and 30m to reach. Then finally we head towards our final destination Ghandruk. Trekking for approximately 5 hours will take us to our destination giving the beautiful view of mountains, greenery and local surrounding. After reaching Ghandruk, you will be able to see the surrounding with the information provided by guides and pleasant locales. Stay Overnight at Ghandruk.
- Day 03:Explore Ghandruk Village with Local Culture After Siklesh, Ghandruk is the second largest Gurung village in Annapurna region. Some distant farther to the south of Ghandruk, there is another village named Gairi Goun which holds great natural and traditional importance where we explore too (if time remains in our support). The village is situated on the network of terraces where barley and wheat are grown. Roaming around natural domain, Old Gurung Museum and enjoying beautiful flora and fauna will provide huge opportunity to know about the natural and communal evolution along with lifestyle of locales living in this village.
- Day 04:Ghandruk to Nayapul and Drive to Pokhara Early in the morning, after having light breakfast, we return back to Pokhara. The returning activity can be done through trek or simply by using private transportation. It is followed by simple but daring sports like cycling, paragliding, boating and so on. You can also rest in hotel if you are not interested in attaining these sports. Stay overnight at Pokhara.
- Day 05:Drive Back to Kathmandu Morning refreshment is arranged with the roaming around some beautiful areas. After returning to hotel, the lunch is taken and hotel is checked out. Then, we head towards Kathmandu through our private transportation which will take approximately 6 hours (via Prithvi Highway).
- Trekkers information management system.(Tims Card)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit.(ACAP Permit)
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara. (Tourist Deluxe)
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Trekking Map
- Complete free trekking information before going to trek
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek
- All nights in local teahouses/lodges during trekking
- An experienced licensed holder guide and needed number of porters as per your group size
- Medical first aid kit box ( which is carried by your team)
- Foods, accommodations and local tax for guide & porters
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (tea, coffee, water, hot water, etc) and of bar bills (alcoholic beverages)
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in trekking
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, porters, and drivers
- Extra night accommodation or meals in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure and early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Size of Trekking Group
For Ghandruk Trek, there will be one leader and Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement is done for the smooth running of the campaign. It ensures that the trip will carry on as per plan even if anybody in a group gets sick. NTA can operate this trek for a group of any size. But, a group of 12 are considered as optimum size. However, if you have a group of more than 12, NTA can arrange this too.
We will spend three nights at a luxury hotel in Kathmandu. While on trek, we will spend three nights at local tea houses. All accommodations for this trek will be on twin sharing basis. However, on request, single rooms can also be made available but it costs additional $ 200 US.
During our Ghandruk Trek, we will enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine like Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, slices of bread and drinks of different variety and snacks.
Breakfast of a day will be served at the same teahouse or lodge where we spent the night, as per its menu. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner, and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
Getting Visa for Nepal
You will get on arrival visa for Nepal. On arriving Nepal you will get a tourist visa for 15 to five months. It depends upon your purpose of a visit but regarding the tour, you will get the visa for 15 to three months. For trekking, you need to submit a photocopy of passport and two pp size photo of yours.